Official NFL 2018/2019 Thread!

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
KC is done without at least Watkins back at full speed. The wonder Williams twins might make up most of Hunt’s loss, but KC’s ceiling appears to around 30pts without Hunt and Watkins. Watching the defense in person made me want to vomit. If that ball travels past the line of scrimmage, you just never know how many yards go by before a Chief decides to tackle. Dumpster fire.

The worst part is now I have to watch every goddamn team run the ball 40 times for the next 3 games before a bitter offseason. I’m not sure they can fix this defense with another offseason with Berry and Houston eating $50 million of the cap.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I think they'll be fine, they controlled the game for the most part. Going for 2 there seemed like a bad idea if you ask me, but I guess they didn't have anything to lose really.

I don't think they trusted that KC wouldn't score a TD on the first possession of overtime.

All this means is they're going to pound the snot out of Oakland in week 17... :(

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Yeah, KC is still going to be the 1 seed, and I wouldn't count on Rivers pulling another rabbit out of his hat when the two meet again in Jan in sub-zero weather. KC has lost to what are three of the top-5 teams in the league, all in extremely tight games. I see nothing to hang their heads about or any reason to not be optimistic about their chances. It'll be tough for any team to beat that team at home in Jan.

Quite honestly, I've always found the seeding system to be flawed. Screw crappy division winners. The Chargers are likely going to finish 13-3, tied for the best record in the entire conference, and end up a 5-seed, when the winner of the south is probably going to have twice as many losses and be hosting a playoff game. That's some bullshit. Of course, the chargers have nothing resembling a home field advantage, so they might as well travel I suppose.

And on the plus side for you, pcs, KC won't be in a position to rest all their starters in wk 17, so you're golden in fantasy. I should just put your name on the trophy now.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I've been saying for weeks that KC will lose in Seattle and after watching these last 2 games, I'm now convinced of it. The defense has no answer to the run game even after bringing in and overpaying 2 ILBs. KC always has a letdown loss in December in which that blueprint is used to beat them in January. The only hope left is that Sammy truly comes back in the playoffs and Berry is up to 100% along with him. Without Watkins, They can't seem to hang 40pts on the board.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Benjamin might make an impact after he's been with the team longer than a week. I see him like a poor man's Amari Cooper. Big/tall receiver, underutilized talent on some crappy teams that could flourish in the right situation. He was great when he first got to Carolina. I thought that was a smart pickup and wondered why the Saints didn't give him a look.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I'm going to laugh my ass off if San Diego gets home field advantage in a 9k seat soccer stadium. They should move the venue to something larger, like the Rose Bowl, if they host anything in the post season. I assume they could fill up a much larger space for a playoff game.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Well Monday night was a slow nail biter .
Other than a trick play from the Panthers it seems like the defense showed up for both teams but the offense stayed on the side lines.
The better team prevailed but at a cost .
3 of our offensive line were hurt.
The last 3 games our off have been playing lack luster.
But a win is a win.

GO SAINTS .

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Yeah, I don't know if it's a good sign that the Saints can "win ugly" or a troubling sign that they aren't nearly as dominant as they were earlier in the season. Regardless, I think home-field will be huge for them.

Fingers crossed for a Saints/Chargers SB. Brees vs Rivers would be epic in and of itself, and Brees's history in SD would make it that much more interesting. I'll take Rams/Chargers too, as the LA Bowl would be pretty epic as well.

But mostly, f#$% the Patriots. With a fence post.

Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, I am rooting for a Chargers/Rams LABOWL just cause it's local I guess.

But KC/Rams rematch would be a ton of fun to watch, KC/Saints should be good too from an entertainment perspective. Bears and anyone might be a boring slog of a game.

A big no thanks to the AFC South, NFC East, AFC North.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
It's obvious the defenses have started to catch up with all 3 teams since the Chiefs vs Rams game, but KC is still putting up high 20's and have not totally collapsed like the Saints and Rams. That offers no comfort since KC's defense seems to be getting worse, the penalties continue to fly at unsustainable rates and they have not looked smooth on offense since Hunt and Watkins left the field. Whatever happens these next 4 weeks is going to be must see tv for all.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com

Crazy that this is likely the last game in Oakland.. been hearing maybe they play in the SF Giants baseball stadium or even LONDON next year..

Personally.. meh. My mom's family is from the bay area, but they were the LA Raiders when I was born (in LA), and quite frankly, Oakland sucks, and Vegas is closer. So I'll miss the history of it all, but the future looks bright.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I think the Rams will beat NO in the second meeting. The LA defense is so much better than they showed against the saints in the first go-round, I assume they'll have a stronger gameplan. Brees, Kamara, and Co. are lethal, but they've been pretty underwhelming down the stretch.

KC is hard to figure. They beat all the teams they should beat and narrowly lost against all the good teams. But as spectacular as they've looked at times, I wouldn't bet against them. I don't think they'll have any kind of Alex Smith style collapse, but who knows if they'll get edged by one of the good teams, now that all the opponents are "good". If I was one of their fans, I'd be shitting tacks.

As much as I'd prefer NO vs LAC (or anyone not based in Foxboro for that matter), I predict LAR vs NE.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I fully expect the Ravens to come in and knock the Chiefs off on Jan 12th unless Sammy Watkins is at full speed and on the same wavelength as Mahomes. Hill looked terrific yesterday, so that’s huge considering he was gimp for the last few games.

It’s hard to predict which Mahomes we are going to get since every prime time game he played this year started with 15-30min of being way too excited and timing/finesse suffered. I have to imagine the 23yr old gets over amped again for the playoffs.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Well, there goes my post season. I was supporting the newly-relevant Bears since the Vikings are done, but now that plan is shot. Fucking Philadelphia's luck is absurd.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Damn, what a way to go out. Kickers, man! Supposedly the ball got tipped at the line too, so maybe not really all his fault?

The Chargers game got interesting really quick there at the end.. glad the Ravens got put down.

I really hope Dallas doesn't make it.. booorrrrinnnggg. Still hoping for Rams/Chargers or Rams/Chiefs, though I am sure the Saints would be equally interesting game-wise. Philly sucks this year, I really hope they get bounced soon.

Pats/Dallas would be THE WORST. Right above Pats/anyone else.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Pats/Dallas would be THE WORST. Right above Pats/anyone else.
My thoughts exactly! Pats/anyone is bad, but arguably Pats/Cowboys would be the absolute worst... and I'm not talking about the teams remaining, I mean of all the possible NFC/AFC matchups in the whole league. The two most insufferable fanbases in each conference... ugh. The only thing worse would be if the Ginger Hammer could figure out a way for the Pats to play Pittsburgh in the super bowl. The horror!

I'll take Saints/Rams vs Chargers as my preferred possibilities.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I *do* like *most* of the remaining narratives though.

Eagles: Repeat Champions, Big Dick Nick
Rams: Fun to watch, young team

Chargers: Rivers has been around forever, finally getting to the big dance, perennial underdogs
Chiefs: Fun to watch, young team
Colts: Luck is the comeback player of the year for sure

I do think the Saints would be fun, but most of the "WHO DAT" fanbase can die in a fire (except Pickelhaube !). I think I've seen 4 too many NyQuil commercials with Drew Brees.

The Patriots just need to end already. Dallas is boring AND annoying.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
At the very least, this year feels like there are several legit teams that could win it, not another agonizing farce, marching to another Pats championship. That in an of itself feels "new" as I don't recall a final eight where I wouldn't be surprised if six of them hoisted the trophy.

Cowboys & Eagles have zero shot. They aren't that good and are fortunate to be here. The others, I can see scenarios where each pulls it off.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I would root for Rivers if he makes it to the dance, but it’s way too much fun to watch his expressions as yet another season ends in failure. Only because of his facial expressions of course.

I’m glad Luck is a force again. Would have been such a horrible story line had he not made a comeback.

If the Chiefs beat the Colts, I can’t see any reason they will not go to the dance. My dream Superb Owl would be KC defeating Philly just for The whole Andy Reid teacher/student thing. It would be sad if Andy never gets a ring with any team.