Official NFL 2018/2019 Thread!

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Would it though? He's a personable guy, seems like a stand-up dude, but he's one of the worst in-game coaches in the sport. He can clearly evaluate talent, and he's spawned a lot of successful coordinators that have gone on to success... but his game management is just terrible. This is not a quality of great coaches. And his stubborn loyalty to McNabb and Smith wasted more than one talented team that might have won something.

I know he's your current coach, so objectivity is tough. But if he loses this week, gets fired, and goes on to coach the Lions or something, would you really feel bad that he never got a ring?

If I were starting a team and cherry picking coaches, I'd definitely want him on my offensive staff, but based on history, I would have serious reservations about making him the HC.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I didn’t understand the brilliance of Andy Reid until last year. What he did thru play calling for Alex Smith was jaw dropping, so it should not have shocked us so much that Mahomes exploded. Reid gets receivers open in the same way I use to get so pissed at Denver and the Patriots for doing the last decade. Reid’s major flaw in my eye is the way he will sit on a 2 score lead. It’s like using a Ferrari as a golf cart. Just not built for sitting on a lead. My rule of thumb has been if the Chiefs have a 14+pt lead at half, they might score once more and will usually lose the game.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
NSA ouch !!

The Eagles are hot now . I do believe that if the Saints get past them they will go all the way.

This whole season I have been wishing my life away to see the Saints on Sunday and some Mondays and Thursdays .

Fun but not as fun as with my son watching the game with me .

Over the holidays I was able to watch 3 games with him while he was back home from LA .

But we do watch the game at the same time and we text back and forth during the game.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I didn’t understand the brilliance of Andy Reid until last year. What he did thru play calling for Alex Smith was jaw dropping, so it should not have shocked us so much that Mahomes exploded. Reid gets receivers open in the same way I use to get so pissed at Denver and the Patriots for doing the last decade.
Well, he must have picked it up from Denver and NE during his stint at KC, lest we forget the entire year of no TDs to the WRs. Are we putting that entirely on Smith?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I think the Saints will win pretty handily this coming week. The Eagles have had some luck, and their O-line is doing a really good job, against good defenses.. but I don't think they can keep up with the Saints or Rams.

Rams SHOULD win vs Dallas, but Dallas plays the weird keep-away ball like Chicago does, so I wonder if they can keep the score down.

I fully expect New England to win, but hoping against hope.

KC should win, barring some sort of Chief-like playoff collapse.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Well, he must have picked it up from Denver and NE during his stint at KC, lest we forget the entire year of no TDs to the WRs. Are we putting that entirely on Smith?
It's been the last 2yrs that Andy changed his offense to incorporate college styles paired with the first time he's had a pair of WR's who could actually run routes and catch the ball. It's a huge difference if I can see it considering I do not play Madden or know the name of more than 1 football play. So if you want to pin it on something, I'd say pin it on Andy getting Tyreek.

There was a stat floating around early this year about pass completions to open WR (3yds separation) and the Chiefs were easily in the lead. It's due to scheme, not just talent.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I'm pretty sure Tyreek's freakish speed has a lot to do with that stat.

NSA, I agree with you. Saints should roll, Rams *should* win as I think Dallas is a fraud team, KC/Indy will be a shootout, but it's hard to bet against KC's talent even as good as Indy has looked lately. Maybe if it was in a dome I'd think different, but I don't see the colts keeping up in the cold.

I keep telling myself that NE is getting old, slow, and that the run is over. Chargers had a better record, and I certainly think they have more talent. I WANT to see Brady get lit up and carted off the field wondering what his name is. But history says B&B pull some kind of rabbit out of their stinky, chowder-stained hoodie. I dread the inevitable disappointment.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I'm pretty sure Tyreek's freakish speed has a lot to do with that stat.
One would think, but it's actually those crossing routes and Kelce sitting down in a zone hole. You can give it to Tyreek if you count him dragging 2-3 DBs 40yds down field to open up that soft belly, but that is exactly my point. Reid uses his weapons to clear all the defenders out of the spot he wants Mahomes to throw to. This is why it's been a noticeable difference with Watkins on the bench since D's could care less about Conley or Robinson running routes.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Dear lord, why didn't they make the AFC game the early one in the daylight?!

That's less about football and more about sheer survival. I don't know who that favors. It could squelch NE fans from even going to KC, but I could see temps like that putting a lid on the home crowd attendance and enthusiasm as well - it's hard to scream when you're struggling to maintain body temp. In the game, I don't know if this favors the old veteran who has seen it all, or the young gun who has a penchant for improvising. I could see that going either way.

Regardless, I hope KC wins 50-0. KC vs either the Saints or Rams would make a really fun SB. Another Pats appearance would be a colossal slog, with the ever-present dread of another ring for Darth Hoodie.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Any exposed skin feels like it's on fire while it's dying after only a minute or two outside like walking from your car into the store. Your eyeballs burn from having the moisture sucked out of them as they freeze and you do not take deep breaths since the air is still that cold when it hits your lungs. The +20mph winds is where the real devil lies since it penetrates everything you forgot to duck tape and strips you of any heat you managed to accumulate. Any parent who brings a child under 15 should be arrested.

I do not know how you play in those conditions. Catching a frozen bullet traveling 65mph with frozen fingers has to be sheer willpower, so I expect a ton of dropped passes and fumbles, probably some injuries. Mahomes is going to have to take some of the zip off of his throws assuming the life long Texas kid can mentally handle it to begin with. The crowd will be loud when they need to be since constant movement is your ally while trying to stay warm, but it's going to be hell.

I think this favors Brady simply from experience, but then you have to factor in old rickety man joints. Regardless of who wins, it will not be based on talent as much as it will be mental toughness. If a team gets up by 2 or 3 scores, I could see the other team losing their will to live while dreaming of the heated ride home.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
No, Honeymoon is already paid for, so we’ll be watching in Orlando. 8hr drive from Atlanta if we want to get crazy and check out scene.

KC has something Brady does not. Whammy!

All our home grown stars like David Koechner, Stonestreet and Rudd will be there including Melissa Ethridge singing the anthem. Even Joe Montana is coming.