Official NFL 2019/2020 Thread!

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
And AB nixed a sprouting deal to send him to the Bills. Not that I blame him for wanting to go anywhere besides Buffalo, but the options for a 30yo malcontent to go to a real contender are looking more and more slim. I will enjoy watching him languish in mediocrity with Arizona, Cincinatti, or the like.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
There is an awful lot of buzz that has KC in the hunt for Bell including a video of Chris Jones hanging out with him, teasing a what if? That’s just too much money to spend when they are in a full defensive rebuild this off season and the piggy bank is empty. I think it would just make me that much madder at Hunt for costing us so goddamn much money for a replacement while he goes to Cleveland for dimes.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Did you guys see that none call last night with the Saints game ?
Jeez , that just beat us out of the Super Bowl.

What ?????
It is next season already ?
Are you sure ?

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Soooo AB to Oakland. They trade away Cooper and immediately pick up his 30 year old counterpart. I thought Gruden being in charge would make Oakland less crazy than Al or Mark, but I swear, there's something in the water.

The majority of my life, Oakland has been the place where old stars go to die, to get that one last big paycheck before fading into obscurity, a paycheck most other teams aren't will to pay a player past his prime. How is this still true? With a seemingly rational coach/GM, how does this continue to still happen? You can set your clock to Oakland overpaying for old stars the same way you can count on Cleveland starting 4 QB's before halloween or the Pats making the AFC title game with Brady and a bunch of people you've never heard of.

The more things change...

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
With 3 first round picks and Brown catching the ball, the Raider’s offense could get potent overnight. I think the league learned it’s easier to out gun the Chiefs than it is to build a defense to stop them.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
OBJ traded to Cleveland!!!!! Jimmy Rebate just bought some talent. The Browns could potentially be better than Pittsburgh. Dog and Cats living together. Up is down, black is white. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

The guy just got a 5-year 95mil deal in the past 7 months... Man, imagine how many Giants fans bought OBJ jerseys knowing their fav playmaker was locked up for the next half-decade... I'll bet they're pissed!

And Dee Ford to Niners... Is KC dismantling already?

Last edited:

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
KC doesn't know what the hell is going on. The only thing that makes any sense is that all of last year's draft picks were for a 4-3 and they never made the field in the 3-4. It's like they knew we were going 4-3 this year and were stocking up early with LBs like Speaks, Kpassagnon and Hitchens. I'm not a defensive wiz by any means, but apparently we do not need $25mil worth of pass rushing outside LBs (half of which can't contain the corner on runs or lineup onsides to go to the superb owl) since we will now do that with DEs and blitzes? Idk... I just hope Berry can play this year and the Chiefs pick up a couple decent CBs before kickoff.

I mean, nobody expected Mahomes to throw 50 TDs last year and it was suppose to be the beginning of the defensive overhaul. 2019 was always the year I had circled and now the defense has been completely blown up. Thank god the Donkeys, Chargers and Faders still suck.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
The chargers still suck? You mean the team that was tied for the AFC's best record last year? Damn, you have the not-sucking bar raised pretty high...

The Broncos do still suck, but with the acquisition of Flacco, they'll probably suck a little less. And the raiders adding AB certainly won't be worse. KC will probably still win the division, but I think the rest of the pack will be more competitive than last year.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Correction, Chiefs had $36mil tied up in Ford and Houston this year.

The Chargers will always suck. They cannot even fill their soccer stadium as they are making a run for the division. I'm sure NSA can add to the list of why the AFCW will never take them seriously, even if they win the Super Bowl.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I’m getting nervous about the Chiefs, something I did not think possible this season. You take the 2nd worst defense in the league and then cut every single legit star player? Honey Badger has yet to officially sign...

What the fuck Mattel!?!

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
How does KC win the division and still end up with a cupcake schedule? NE and a pair of games against the Chargers are the only games that don't seem like gimmies...
The last 4 games is a rough stretch for the Chiefs based on last year's performance, but the first 4 are certainly a nice way to ease into a new season.

It's not like the Chiefs have the Patriot's forever cupcake schedule. Seriously, how are they always in the bottom 10 of schedule strength?
1555602754340.png
1555602788842.png

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Still digesting this Clark trade for the Chiefs. The way the NFL works now, pass rushers are not as important as DBs as is long proven by the Patriots. 16 of the QB's last season averaged 2.5 seconds release time which completely voids any rusher which is why I was really hoping our splash trade would be for Patrick Peterson.

Clark vs Mahomes last season backs up my reasoning:

Kansas City Chiefs fiiiiiiiirst down!

Clark is an absolute beast and I'm obviously glad he's a Chief, but damn that was an expensive trade. Thank goodness he can play the run as well as he gets to the QB.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I have a hard time wrapping my head around ANY non-QB worth over 20-mil per year. That doesn't compute no matter how good they are.

If AB and Bell aren't worth that much, no f#$%ing d-lineman is unless they're the second coming of Reggie White.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I've stopped worrying about what they are being paid since there always seems to be more money and the salaries for all top players continue to get well beyond insane for us fans of 30yrs to comprehend. Is a QB worth $30mil, because that's the floor of Mahome's coming contract.

I'm more concerned with coughing up Dee Ford and a 1st round pick for a replacement that has basically the same numbers and a bit higher price tag. Granted Dee couldn't play the run to save his own ass.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
If the Chiefs win the Superb Owl on this 50th anniversary since their last appearance, then it's all worth it. Pop that cherry and then worry about money and burying all the battered women the questionable players leave behind.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Is it me, or does KC seem to have a higher rate of domestic abusers than other clubs? Or maybe they just have them with higher-profile players... I guess nobody notices when the Bengals' third string DT gets arrested and cut.
When you have the reigning rushing champ go down followed by the fastest man in the NFL who happens to be a top 5 receiver follow a few months later and then you give away the draft farm and $100mil to a new top 5 defensive end who was thrown off his college team for beating his now wife, I’d say yes. WTF Mattel?

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
He's gone. His "you better fear me too bitch" comment is why he will be tossed from the NFL considering his history of actually beating the bitch before the NFL. He never admitted to breaking the kid's arm on the recording as she was trying to lead him into saying anything. All those tweets are her words to which he denied on the recording. From what you can gather, him and the boy were downstairs alone when the arm broke and so there are no witnesses since a 3yr old cannot testify. Any lawyer could keep him out of jail even though all logic says he did it.

Bye Felicia!

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Yeah, I read the transcript, and it all seemed pretty circumstantial until you realize that he's not a first time offender, and when he gets to the "you better fear me too bitch" part... you have to cringe and think that his days are possibly numbered. If he played for Cincinnati or Dallas, I'd say his job was pretty secure, but you gotta give Hunt props for not putting up with shit, even to the detriment of his team's on-field performance.

However, how do you fire a guy (or punish him if you're the league), if he hasn't been charged or convicted of anything? That seems like a wrongful termination lawsuit waiting to happen, in theory. This isn't Rice or Hunt. There is no video, and the audio proves little except that he's a piece of shit, which isn't illegal. Part of me thinks he'll get canned, and part of me thinks that despite him being a garbage human being, he shouldn't get fired when there is little to no evidence.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Part of me thinks he'll get canned, and part of me thinks that despite him being a garbage human being, he shouldn't get fired when there is little to no evidence.
This is where I sit. Emotionally I think he's a piece of shit and want him out of the NFL, but my emotions also want a KC Superb Owl ring and I know he offers the best shot at that this year. Emotions don't mean shit in reality.

Logically I'm rooting for him to get perma banned the second he is convicted while still supporting our constitution of innocent until proven guilty at all costs. I just do not see how this recording proves him guilty considering her obvious motive and his lack of words. It only proves they both suck as parents and need to be separated from each other immediately.

What I cannot live with is Hill getting the KC boot and then jumping right back into the league ala Hunt just for the sake of optics. I want him banned from the NFL for life or I want him playing for the Chiefs this year all based on the legal system's conclusion.

I've also just heard a theory that the boy's elbow was dislocated, not a bone break which has certainly changed my views. If true, he could have just grabbed the kid by the arm at a funny angle as the kid was running away. A broken bone is a completely different story.