Official NFL 2019/2020 Thread!

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I only know a handful of owners by name, so it's hard to guess which family is ready to hand the team over. Maybe Davis needs the injection of money, but doe Jay Z really have enough to make a difference? I'm guessing it has to be one of the teams purchased by a group in the past decade or so or maybe the Broncos since the owner finally died?

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com

James’ loss could be mirrored on offense by left tackle Russell Okung’s absence. The 10th-year veteran suffered a life-threatening pulmonary embolism in June. He is with the team, but he hasn’t practiced yet. It’s uncertain when -- or if -- he’ll return, but the Chargersare preparing to roll with second-year undrafted free agent Trent Scott at left tackle and Sam Tevi, who struggled badly last year, at right tackle. The Chargers drafted tackle Trey Pipkins from Sioux Falls in the third round, but he has looked like a project thus far. As Philip Rivers knows well, entire seasons have been sunk by less.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
DeAnthony Thomas is back with a mended leg and stepped right into the starting offense.

His arrival means Reid could have the offense run passing plays this season in which the five receivers on the field — in Thomas, Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Demarcus Robinson and rookie Mecole Hardman — all run a 40-yard dash in less than 4.50 seconds.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Well, it broke on saturday night, and the story was played out by the time we all reconvened from our weekend activities. I wasn't that shocked, TBH. The guy seems like he has plans beyond football, he's still cleared about a hundred mil, and he wants to walk away with his health. Hard to blame him for not wanting to be a lifer, especially when you're constantly injured AND being measured against your predecessor, the best QB to ever wear a helmet. I'd find something else to do too.

In more pressing news, I'm still on the fence about Sunday Ticket. I really don't want to pay it, but I know by the end of september, I'll probably regret being stuck with only Titans, Panthers, and afternoon Game-of-the-Week. Then again, I won't be such a slave to my TV for four months. What to do, what to do...

Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I've gone without it a few years and it was fine, there was always a morning and afternoon game to watch and follow along the other games via my fantasy app.

My favorite was the year we had Time Warner since I could order JUST the RedZone and that kept me entertained all Sunday.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Tyreek $54 million million! Yeesh! Think how many kids he can have now!

The AB nonsense.. kinda figured it was coming. I didn't draft Carr or AB anywhere because of it.

I guess if they suspend him they can get back all the guaranteed money, so I guess that is good. Just fire his ass and #BringBackDoss.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
A Raiders source confirmed Brown was unhappy with the fine levied by the team and, seeing Mayock watching practice, walked over and initiated an exchange with the GM. The Raiders source confirmed information from another league source who said Brown called Mayock a "cracker" and unleashed a barrage of "cuss words" during the altercation.

The team source said Mayock tried to keep his cool and defuse the situation.

"[Mayock] was like, 'I'm cool, I understand your displeasure,'" the source said. "Mayock] sort of just like ... just walked away because he saw it escalate."

The source stressed the confrontation escalated quickly, but it never appeared to be getting physical, and players, including linebacker Vontaze Burfict, attempted to separate Brown from the situation in order to calm him down.
Ha! When Burfict is trying to de-escalate AB you know you got issues.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Yeah, I give the raiders credit here. They threw down the "we'll cancel your guaranteed money" card, and suddenly, AB wants to apologize. I'd get really nice too if I thought it was about to cost me thirty mil...

Athletes never seem to learn that even the talented ones have a short shelf-life and are replaceable. Dude thought his shit didn't stink, and hopefully this was the wake-up call that his personality disorder required. Guy gets more unstable every year.

It's crap like this that makes you appreciate the guys like Jerry Rice. He was a diva who always wanted the ball, but he just kept his mouth shut and worked harder than everyone else - on top of his god-given talent. I know AB supposedly works really hard in practice, but on the receiver scale, he is leaning heavily to the Keyshawn Johnson end of the scale rather than the Rice end.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com

Oh.

I feel like the same social media cancer that is ruining every other aspect of civilization is doing its work in sports.

Before.. back in the day.. for us old timers.. you had to be a SUPER GIGANTIC asshole to get noticed.. so you only had 1 or 2 people who were outspoken on TV or interviews who you knew were divas or just a pain to work with. Now with social media.. every single player can be that way, or if they already are that way.. we all find out. It's ridiculous. Like everyone else, suddenly there is a whole group of people who "want" to hear what they have to say/follow what they do.. so it goes to their heads. The immediacy of social media is making people even more crazy than before I feel.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I am not fully sure why, but the whole AB saga has basically killed my interest in football. I tried to watch Sunday Ticket yesterday, and RedZone.. and only got about half way through the morning games before I turned it off. I watched maybe a quarter of the Pats/Steelers game before switching to something else.

While as a Raiders fan I think it's retarded what AB did, they only lost a few draft picks out of the whole ordeal, so it's not some massive hole they got put in.. and I really was fine with them dropping him. It's more the whole way he went about it, AND GOT REWARDED for it that is making me just give the middle finger to the NFL as a whole.

If I was to make an analogy, it's like the Epstein 'suicide' saga a bit. We all know what really happened, but the powers that be flaunted that they can do whatever they want whenever they want, and no real rules matter. I feel like the Pats/AB/etc in this are the same way. Why bother caring about anything, when it's all made up and the points aren't real?

I dunno, I'll probably record the Raiders game tonight and see if I feel like watching it. The allure really is just.. missing.. gone.. I can't explain it really. Normally, on the Monday after Football Sunday, I'd be digging into every article, checking out my fantasy teams, looking for new picks.. etc.. and.. I just don't care. Like, at all. The Raiders haven't even lost yet! Though to be fair, I've still had plenty of football enthusiasm the last decade, when the Raiders constantly sucked.. so it's not that.

Bleh.

Mahomes looks great though, sucks that the NFL wants to make sure Tommy wins again.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
The Brown saga has dropped a turd in my pool of excitement for this season. It just feels like nothing matters because it’s all scripted. Yay, I get to watch my team’s defense crumble when confronting Tom Brady in the AFC Championship game again.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah.. it's really something weird. I don't know how to really explain it other than it feels like when you realized Wrestling wasn't real.

I'm not going to tin-foil-hat it and say the NFL is a reality show.. but I feel like the powers that be are really becoming brazen with what they do to 'steer' thing in certain directions.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I agree that I'm very bothered by the way the AB saga went down. He really shafted the raiders and is going to get a ring for his troubles. Imagine the message this sends to younger athletes: Act like a total shitbag, make everything about me-me-me, screw your team, do your negotiating via the media, and if you're good enough, the best team in football will reward you with immortality. He almost makes guys like TO seem... quaint.

But for sure, watching last night's game, it was depressing to watch NE look like they're in midseason form, all while adding the best receiver in football for a pittance next week. It all does feel very preordained and colossally shady. However, I can't imagine the NFL wants this to happen. It does nothing for ratings for NE to steamroll everyone, again.

That being said, I enjoyed my free Sunday Ticket yesterday. My son joined my other fantasy league, so for the first time, he actually cared and watched the whole afternoon of football with me. So in that regard, it was a pretty cool sunday.

I often forget how little he actually knows about the game. We've been to a bunch of highschool games and a few UT games, but he hasn't been a regular watcher enough to pick up the nuances, obscure rules, formations, strategies, etc. At his age, football was like breathing for me. We played at lunch, during free periods, at actual games behind the bleachers... I could not get enough football. Generational differences I suppose. That and his elementary school outlawed football on the playground, because snowflakes, so he didn't develop that early thrill of playing it with his buddies. Damn hippies.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah we used to play football on our street.. which had a pretty good incline.. was always a tussle to see who had to run UPhill on offense lol. They still have local HS teams here, but there isn't really any kind of easy local football to get kids into that I know of.. I'm sure it exists, but I don't see it everywhere like the damn AYSO and baseball.

Doubt my wife would let me kid play football, but he might be perfect for it!

I've been racking my brain all day to try and rationalize how/why I feel.. and I dunno. Just feels so bad/dumb/wrong. It's badong. It's the first week of football, it should be the opposite.. Gnodab.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I felt that way for a couple of years after Peyton retired. He was the reason I got excited about the NFL for nearly 20 years. When he hung it up, I was kinda lost even though there are plenty of players and teams I enjoy watching. Same with NASCAR. I've watched racing religiously for 25 years, and when Dale Jr retired, it was like everything changed, and not for the better. I was adrift as a fan, even though I had other drivers I liked. It takes time more than anything.

But as for this year, i'm just so thankful we're no longer talking about who's kneeling before the game and more about the actual contests. I'm just going to conveniently pretend that NE isn't going to waltz away with the whole thing. I'm still holding out hope that Brady hits the 40+ wall about halloween, and all those receivers won't mean much.

I wonder what an AB Raiders jersey sells for these days? How many oakland fans have set them on fire?