Official NFL 2019/2020 Thread!

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
barry petchesky was the EIC. They got a mandate to stick to sports, and the entire staff promptly thumbed their nose at the owners. The main editor took the heat, but they all quit in solidarity.

I truly can't imagine rage-quitting my job at 48 when your main skill is complaining about trump and professional sports teams. I rage-quit a job at 25 once, but I'd like to think that it wouldn't happen two decades later, you know, if I actually had a real job. That's a scary prospect.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
All of the greater Gawker Media has a bad case of TDS, mostly a bunch of ultra-woke, sexually ambiguous hipsters and SJWs. They hate trump with the power of a thousand suns.

But the Deadspin takes on sports were funny and without the inherent trappings of other reporting sites with big ties to sports leagues, broadcast partners, and other such monetary agendas. Sounds like that was their downfall, i.e. the corporate overlords tried to tighten the leash and they balked. I give them credit where credit is due. And I think some of them are decent people, despite their acute aversion to rational governance.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Pats no longer perfect! Though I'd somehow argue that it actually makes them more dangerous now. If any team is adept at fixing their problems.. it's the damn "On to Cincinnati" Patriots. Was fun watching them fail though. Ravens have been so hot & cold this season. Lost to the Chiefs and.. BROWNS? But beat Seattle & New England.. who knows.

Chiefs had a good win. Raiders had a good win.

Pick update!

9/9 - Broncos - MNF, opening week! Why?? I don't think the Broncos are any good either. Tepid W [CORRECT!]
9/15 - Chiefs - Big L [CORRECT!]
9/22 - @ Vikings - Another big L [CORRECT!]
9/29 - @ Colts - All depends on if Luck actually is in football form again, if he is, L [I'll give this one to myself]
10/6 - Bears - MACK RETURNS! Probably an ugly L [INCORRECT!]
10/20 - @ Packers - What a damn shitty schedule. L [CORRECT!]
10/27 - @ Texans - I feel like maybe this could be a W, but I'm predicting L [CORRECT!]
11/3 - Lions - I know nothing about the Lions this season, I'll say W since there have been so many L. [CORRECT!]
11/7 - Chargers - L
11/17 - Bengals - Hopefully, for gods sake, a W.
11/24 - @ Jets - W? Unless LeVeon Bell really is really good on the Jets.
12/1 - Chiefs - Big L
12/8 - Titans - For some reason the Raiders have had the Titans # for a few seasons, I guess maybe a W
12/15 - Jaguars - Feel like the Jag D will win this one by themselves. L
12/22 - @ Chargers - L
12/29 - @ Broncos - In Denver? I'll say L.
Nice! I am 7-1 in my picks.

Chargers this week could be a W, but they just made the Packers look like doofuses.. so who knows. It is in Oakland though, I probably could have made a better pick there.

Bengals better be a win.. they'll have a Rookie starting.. but look how that worked for the Donks.

My original projection for the 2nd half was: 3-5. I might up that to 4-4 now, for a final season total of 8-8. Not great, not terrible, all things considered. If they'd managed to pull off that win in Houston things would look a bit different.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
The pregame show said 90% of the Charger's tickets were bought by Packer's fans and they stil got walloped. the Chiefs were a fumble away from beating the Pack w/o Mahomes, so it's hard to say if they are elite.

November will tell us everything we want to know about the Pats, but I do feel sorry for the Eagles being subjected to the wrath of 8-1.

1572888414662.png

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
  • NSA

NSA

Pick update..

9/9 - Broncos - MNF, opening week! Why?? I don't think the Broncos are any good either. Tepid W [CORRECT!]
9/15 - Chiefs - Big L [CORRECT!]
9/22 - @ Vikings - Another big L [CORRECT!]
9/29 - @ Colts - All depends on if Luck actually is in football form again, if he is, L [I'll give this one to myself]
10/6 - Bears - MACK RETURNS! Probably an ugly L [INCORRECT!]
10/20 - @ Packers - What a damn shitty schedule. L [CORRECT!]
10/27 - @ Texans - I feel like maybe this could be a W, but I'm predicting L [CORRECT!]
11/3 - Lions - I know nothing about the Lions this season, I'll say W since there have been so many L. [CORRECT!]
11/7 - Chargers - L [INCORRECT!]
11/17 - Bengals - Hopefully, for gods sake, a W.
11/24 - @ Jets - W? Unless LeVeon Bell really is really good on the Jets.
12/1 - Chiefs - Big L
12/8 - Titans - For some reason the Raiders have had the Titans # for a few seasons, I guess maybe a W
12/15 - Jaguars - Feel like the Jag D will win this one by themselves. L
12/22 - @ Chargers - L
12/29 - @ Broncos - In Denver? I'll say L.
7-2 now. I thought for sure Phyllis would throw for 600 yards vs the Raiders, but somehow the Raiders got 3 INT (should have been more) and the W.

AFC West is pretending to be competitive!

Chiefs - 6-4
Raiders - 5-4
Chargers - 4-6
Broncos - 3-6

Next 3 weeks should provide clarity (Chiefs vs Chargers, Bye, Chiefs vs Raiders). I don't see any reason in the world where the Chiefs don't win both of those. Raiders SHOULD beat the stupid Bungles next week, then the Jets hopefully. Chargers and Chiefs get their Week 12 bye too.

So after the next 3 weeks, standings should be:

Chiefs - 8-4
Raiders - 7-5
Chargers - 5-7
Broncos - 3-9

I feel like if the Chiefs blow either of their next two games, something is seriously wrong. They're still clearly the most talented team in the AFC-West, but things are more competitive than I thought they'd be before the season.

Wish the damn Raiders had a WR1 and a defense.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Injuries. They were down to 5 OL men yesterday with 2 starters before half time, so no more substitutions. The Defense is vastly improved, but still tend to be worn out at the end of the game when big backs ted to dominate. I’m starting to wonder if the Chiefs will even get a wildcard spot now.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
  • NSA

NSA

I don't think the Raiders have the defense to win the division, and the Chargers will always self-implode, and the Donks.. lol

I feel like worst case, Chiefs win the division but maybe with a record that wouldn't get a wild card spot.

Also.. man, Jackson is looking legit. He's doing it with his legs vs Mahomes and his arm. Feel like Mahomes will last longer, but these days you never know. Sick spin move.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
It’s funny because everyone called Jackson a running back last year and now he’s going to snag MVP. It’s his ability to avoid most hits that might allow him to last, though I saw a stat where he has only beat a team twice on one occasion since they knew what to expect the second time around.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
  • NSA

NSA

I feel like they need to make sure they have a good run game without him, so teams can't sell out to stop him. Adding Hollywood Brown has helped this year since there is at least a vertical threat too.

I feel like the Chiefs need a "K HUNT" type of player to really round out the team, rushing has been generally bad so far this year no matter who is in the backfield.