Official NFL 2019/2020 Thread!

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Man, you're all over the place...
I use Mahomes as in era, not prior to him. And yes, Reid has a ton to prove.

Remember, I’m a long time KC fan and am therefore programmed for disappointment in the playoffs. This entire conversation for me centers around not being scared of Baltimore and providing the reasons for it. Never once said Chiefs were making it to the Super Bowl and I do not expect them to, just simply shared my joy that Brady fucked up and now the Titans can not come to KC unless they beat the Ravens first. I remember the Titans well since they ended the Chiefs 2017 season while I was in the stands and then handed the Chiefs their one real heartbreaking loss this year. It’s a pattern, just like the Chiefs handing Jackson exactly half of his career losses. We just measure thing differently in life I guess and there is nothing wrong with that.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I'm confused. So you don't think the Chiefs are the best team, but the only team you're afraid of is the 6-seed?

Man, the last decade of playoff disasters has messed you up! Just sit back and enjoy the show. If they find new horrible ways to get beat, no biggie, you've seen that movie before. And if they do great and make the big show, it'll be a bonus. This is supposed to be fun (unless you root for the browns, and then it's just exhausting sadness).

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Best teams do not always win and by landing the 2 seed the Chiefs have the best path (in my gut feeling) to the SB since I’ve been a fan. The Chiefs are also battle tested with an unbelievable amount of injuries this year, so they just seem tough now as opposed to the flashy delicate team of 2018. It’s probably just retarded bias on my part since the Pats, Steelers and Broncos are dead. SF vs KC is my preferred matchup this year and second is Baltimore vs Saints.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I have zero faith that he could do anything of the sort. I'd like to think they can beat the Pats with a power run game, but Bilicheat will throw something bizarre at him and it'll be game over. I anticipate having to rely on KC to vanquish Brady to retirement.

Pickelhaube

Replicator of Toys
Officer Club
Mar 15, 2011
New Orleans
Foot ball is over for me this year.

The Saints got beat this weekend fair and square .

Starting with Drews interception and fumble ending with our defense totally blowing it in OT .

At least I am disappointed and not angry like last year.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I was torn. I wanted Kamara to win, but I also wanted the Niners to have an easier road, which meant getting Minnesota, not Seattle. Drew did not play well yesterday. He made a mediocre Vikings D look like world beaters.

I'm mostly still just grinning ear to ear that we don't have to endure another Patriots slog. The fact that the Titans live to play another week is almost secondary. I'd love for the Titans to win the AFC, but I think Baltimore will beat them like a drum.

Hard to believe 6-seeds went 2-0, and road teams went 3-1. Wild weekend indeed.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I keep seeing people on FB bitching about OT rules and I just don’t get it. I also only see it after the team they wanted to win, loses.

I think this is the fairest system without increasing injury risks.

I was rooting for Seattle until McCown got in. He’s not a good QB but he’s a tough SOB and just a solid all around dude. He’s basically Duke as a QB.

He was coaching HS this year before he signed on as a backup. This was his last chance to get a playoff win. The only time he was on a team in the playoffs was in 08, backing Delhomme.

After the game, in the tunnel, he broke down.

I still remember a few years ago, while starting for the Browns, he played through a broken collarbone.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Some good games.. I missed the whole Patriots game and only saw a quarter of the Texans game when I was in Mexico. I really wanted the Bills to win because.. I dunno, no one can hate the Bills at this point.

That being said, the playoff mix is pretty solid:

KC
Ravens
Texans
Titans

Niners
Vikings
Seattle
Packers

I really thought the Saints should have won, Brees wasn't playing like he normally does. Even then.. I do think there was a push off on that final TD, but it wasn't anything as egregious as the Rams play last year.

I don't THINK Seattle will make it past the next round vs the Packers, but who knows, Wilson is a god-damn magician sometimes. Vikings vs Niners should be fun to watch hopefully. I'm hoping for a Niners victory, but I don't really care either way.

AFC...

KC lost to the Titans & Texans, but beat the Ravens, so who knows. I FEEL like it's going to be Ravens/Chiefs in the AFC Championship, but really either game could go either way. Watson has had some magical games this year, but also some real stinkers. The Ravens have been ridiculous lately.. but will taking 2+ weeks off hurt them & their groove?

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Will be interesting to see which Watson shows up and if Hyde is still pissed KC cut him after preseason. That dude was slow and worthless all offseason and then turns into a beast as soon as KC tosses him in t[BGCOLOR=transparent]he trash.[/BGCOLOR]

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
It should be taken as a sign that when I start paying attention to the NFL, a Browns coach is about to get fired. I just pop up long enough to see if they’re going to get it right and then when they don’t, like Godzilla waltzing back into the ocean, I disappear.

I’ve got 2 feet in the ocean.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Yep. Of the three finalists, they picked the one guy that allows everyone to protect their jobs and keep the status quo. They want a culture change as long as they don’t have to.

Haslam doesn’t know a damn thing about football. He thinks the problem is people aren’t reporting directly to him. He’s setting this up so that the HC, GM, his analytics people, his CSO all work separately and only report to him.

He honestly wonders why his front office is full of pit vipers, running to the media, leaking crap. You create an environment where everyone has to worry about someone else getting his ear.

The reason I was leaning Josh McDaniels is I think he deserves a second shot, and as predicted, he told them what’s wrong with their structure and they didn’t like it. There’s a reason New England is the evil empire and why less info comes out of that front office than the Kremlin.

I think Saleh is going to be a really good coach.

I think Stefanski is a Shurmur clone.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I’ll be honest. I don’t know many owners in this league, but I bet there’s a direct correlation between being a crappy franchise (Browns, Lions) and having owners being given their franchises or simply being born with the wealth they used to purchase it.

BTW. WTF Houston?

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
At 24-0, I told my son that KC has them exactly where they want them. At no point did I believe that KC wasn't going to rout the texans. I didn't think KC would be leading by halftime, but the outcome is in no way surprising.

PCS is going to get his wish, to play the Titans! ;)

Despite all my predictions that the Titans couldn't beat Baltimore, I still think they have no shot against KC. Sure, the Titans will win time-of-possession with the run game, but it won't matter when KC can score in three plays every drive.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Should be fun games next week.

Not sure if I'd prefer Seattle or green Bay VS the Niners.. Both can be explosive with big plays. I think I'd enjoy Packers / Chiefs. Niners / Chiefs would be interesting too.. But really I just want a fun competitive game at this point. Tired of Superb Owls like last year.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
The Ravens really surprised me, I expected them to bust out like the Chiefs did, but it never came/never happened. I have to imagine Ingram getting hurt had to impact things, as he is one of only like 3 or 4 impact players on that team.

It's interesting they did so much with so little for much of the season, but definitely came up short. I wonder if the week off PLUS a bye week had anything to do with it? Feel like going into the playoffs hot is better than rested. They really need to get better wideouts. Hollywood Brown isn't a #1. He's a speedster who can take the top off defenses, but he's not a 100+ catch game-winner.

Vikings... ehhh.. I dunno. They had a full season of looking great and then looking crappy. Their defense seriously let them down this weekend. Cousins... eh he's fine. He's not elite or anything but he's fine.

Houston.. yeesh. Glad I'm not a Texans fan, that was embarrassing (Side note, the Chiefs also scored 28 points in 1 quarter vs the Raiders this year, but I am already dead inside). It did feel like if the Texans went for it on 4th down and got a TD instead of a FG, making it 28-0, it would have been a much harder hill to climb. Combine that with the stupid decision to fake the punt deep in Chief territory.. #ungood. The offense was OK for the Texans, but that defense stank up the place. Did they even do anything outside the first quarter? I don't think so.

Chiefs looked to be firing on all cylinders in the 2nd quarter and beyond. It will be interesting to see how the Titans try to keep them in check. I don't have any reason to think the Titans will win, but they really shouldn't have won the games they've already won, so who the hell knows.

I wanted Seattle to win, but again.. why not go for it on 4th down there? They punted and never got the ball back. Wilson is just more fun to watch than Rodgers at this point, but hopefully "Old Aaron" comes back for the Superb Owl if they make it. I want a riotous 51-50 matchup where everyone is entertained.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Only if you're cheering for the other team. It's pretty great to watch Henry slowly drain the will to live from the other team. You can just seem him grinding them down, and you're just waiting for them to cry mercy and let him rip off a long one to end the drive.

I don't pretend to be a huge titans fan, as I was always cheering for Indy in that division throughout Peyton's career there. But they are the home-town team, so I'm inclined to like them more than most. The Niners are my childhood team, so it's nice for them not to suck and make me remember the glory years.

I'll be happy if either the Titans or Niners make it and beyond thrilled if somehow both do. Packers/Chiefs would be the least entertaining from my perspective, mostly because I'm very "meh" about both teams, and I don't think it would be an even remotely close game.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I just don't like JimmyG very much.. for no valid reason, and just feel like SF in it would lead to a "defensive" battle, and fuck, last years Super Bowl was so fucking boring, I need some action.
What's not to love? I like Jimmy. He's... genuine. He smiles all the time, seems happy, and doesn't speak like he's in a job interview, just a casual dude. Plus he's pretty damn good at QB. I don't see him being a 5,000 yard passer anytime soon, but I think he's above average and getting better with every game.

I assume that most people who don't like him simply fear Jimmy G/Shannahan becoming Brady/Belicheat 2.0.

As for the defensive battle... it's hard to not enjoy watching that defense just eat quarterbacks. I know I enjoy it immensely, far more interesting than a track-meet. This is the NFL, not the PAC-12... but I'm the guy whose favorite super bowl was the SF blowout of the chargers. Nothing beats a good blowout... when your team is the one cruising.