Official NFL 2019/2020 Thread!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Speaking of Manning, Eli is finally calling it a day, though probably at least 2-3 seasons passed his due date.

Speaking of "due", apparently the Vikings are the 7th most-winning team of all time, and of the top 16 teams, the only one to NEVER win a Super Bowl. I think Prince took up all of Minnesota's greatness, now it's just the Lutheran church's Little Somalia project.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
That is crazy. They made it to 4 Superb Owls too! Losing to the Chiefs, Dolphins, Steelers, and Raiders.

Hopefully once Rodgers finally goes over the hill for good the Vikings can have a chance to run the division. Not sure what is going on with the Bears. But the playoffs have been their doom.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I’m still mad at him. Hunt is the one missing piece from the Chiefs roster.

“I should be playing for a freaking Super Bowl,” Hunt said. “It hurts my soul. Like, you don’t understand, I’ve been fighting a lot of s— lately, man. It still hurts me to this day. I love Cleveland, I love the Browns, but you don’t understand, I’m just the worst person in the world sometimes, like, I guess. And I don’t even do nothing. Try to help everybody.”

–Kareem Hunt, to a police officer on the side of the highway in Cleveland, pulled over for speeding, impaired, found with pot in his backpack, not charged

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I'll have you know I have waaaaaaaay more hair than Dilfer! ;)

But re: his comments, I see where he's coming from, and I do think from 1-to-53, the niners have more talent. But at the key positions of QB & WR, KC is superior. There is zero chance this game is a blowout in either direction. The niners are content to run it 87% of the time regardless of the score, and KC has proven time and again that they can score shit-tons of points in a heartbeat. The niners D is better than anything KC has seen, but the reverse is true that the KC offense is better than anything the niners have faced this year.

They both deserve to be there. I won't be surprised no matter who wins, as they're both really good. I'll be pulling hard for the niners, but if KC wins, I won't be bummed like I would be if the niners were playing a team like the Pats. Neither has won a SB in ages, so either way, it'll be refreshingly different. It'll just be a matter of who handles the bright lights better and who gets a couple of breaks to go their way. Neither team seems like the type to easily get rattled, so hopefully we'll see a good game and not a sloppy penaltyfest.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Why has the football watching nation forgotten about Frank Clark and Honey Badger since they joined the Chiefs this year? They are two of the very best at what they do.

I think the only thing that gives the Chiefs an edge relates to your bright lights comment. Chiefs made it to the AFCCG last year and they all had jitters in the prime time games. This year there is a huge difference in the team swagger and calmness under the lights as shown when down by two scores in the playoff games. Well, the offense and special teams choked hard in the first quarter of the playoffs, but everyone has been dominant since.

Niners were 4-12 last year and lack the experience. They are definitely evenly coached though.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
They were 4-12 because Jimmy G was on crutches, pure and simple. I think Jimmy's happy, laid back attitude permeates the team. I don't see the niners getting rattled, as they have eight players on the roster with SB experience, not to mention the coach.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Seeing the highlights at home changed my mind on the 3 critical plays. Kittle OPI was legit as he actualy pushed off twice on the same route and Troy immediately called him out. The Damien Williams TD was legit as he broke the plane at the same time as he went out of bounds. The PI on the dude running into Kelce in the endzone was just good coverage. He did get there early, but it was good coverage. I had all 3 plays reversed watching it live, so I actually feel much better about the win now.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I invited my parents over to watch with us. My dad had not ever heard of either halftime performer because he is completely oblivious to anyone from pop culture that doesn't appear on Blue Bloods.

When the ass-shaking and pole dancing started, he leans over to me and says, "I'm pretty sure your mother doesn't let me watch that channel."

:laugh:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Saw Mahommes (hope I spelled it right) interview from Disney this morning (first time I actually saw him in an interview) and he seems like a pretty grounded dude, particularly for a young guy. Good on him!