Poll: Which is the best version of the 6 Modern Era CRIMSON GUARD figures?

Which is the best version of the 6 Modern Era CRIMSON GUARD figures?

• Crimson Guard Officer (Gold Mask/Black on Uniform)

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Crimson Guard Squad Leader (Silver Mask/Silver in Uniform)

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Crimson Guard Trooper (Silver Mask/Silver Arm Braid)

• Crimson Guard Trooper - Standard (Black Mask/Gold Arm Braid)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Crimson Guard – Python Patrol

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crimson Guard – Desert

• Total voters

Starfighter

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
The 25th/ME Crimson Guard is among my favorite cobra figures to date. What is your favorite version of this figure:

*Note: Fred VII is that same version of the Standard (Black Mask/Gold Arm Braid) version so I did not count him in the list individual.

Crimson Guard Officer (Gold Mask/Black on Uniform)
Crimson Guard Squad Leader (Silver Mask/Silver in Uniform)
Crimson Guard Trooper (Silver Mask/Silver Arm Braid)
Crimson Guard Trooper - Standard (Black Mask/Gold Arm Braid)
Crimson Guard - Python Patrol
Crimson Guard - Desert

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Lame figures for a pretty lame concept. Still. at least the desert one is passable. Anything Python Patrol should be lit on fire.

darthdre758

Watsamattau?
Officer Club
Mar 14, 2011
Take the standard head and put it on the officer body.

Other than that, they suck.

Goldbug

BND
Mar 15, 2011
Smallville, IL
goldbug.yolasite.com
None of the above.

All the 25th Crimson Guards look like tight-jeans wearing, skinny Nancy-boys!

They really could have done better I think, maybe for PoC?

Indeed! I think they could have done better.
They still haven't recreated the original's helmet yet. All of them look like monkey facemasks, way too round for what I think should have more edges.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Desert one is my fav. still can't forgive hasbro for those legs and the vipers..

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Skinny jeans are in. These figures are more modern than we think. Throw on some Converse shoes with neon laces and give them a razor to cut themselves.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
And then I need to punch them in the face. I hate that look so bad. Makes me want to use the force. I love how they have to hang their head to the side to keep the hair out of their face. Stupid Crimson Guards.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Original Flavour for me. I loved the Manchurian Candidate angel they had in the file cards and marvel comic, that whole your neighbour could be one.

Now they don't have much use in the field in that gear. In throne room however.

EXCCCCCELLENNNNNT!

The Desert one was all right, didn't need two of them and the bolt action rifle... Needed some battle gear to wear.

As for sculpt, growing pains. Look how far we've come.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
its tought to find ARAH love here sf...sadly, many of the old fans have since turned their backs on what brought most of them back into the hobby...but not me!...i still LOVE the classics AND am growing to enjoy new stuff too...the origianl for me BTW...

Anything Python Patrol should be lit on fire.

...however, that being said, i 100% agree with K-T here..PP sucks balls...always has, always will...just a totally dumb a$$ concept aimed to suck in dumb kids with garish colors...

And then I need to punch them in the face. I hate that look so bad. Makes me want to use the force. I love how they have to hang their head to the side to keep the hair out of their face. Stupid Crimson Guards.

its a dumb look for sure, but i much prefer the look to white kids that wanted to be black with the gangsta look...that look literally made me lol...

"mah shirts is 4 sizes too big yo...mah pants be round mah kneez...check my backwardz skull dizzle...mah bling beez blind'n ya'llz...i be tough to the core niggazzz!"

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
People still like ARAH, Eddie. It's just with the more modern looking stuff we've gotten it's a nice change.

I was never a CG fan honestly. The 25th version didn't do much for me either. I hated that holster loop on the legs. It was so impractical. They should have all had removable helmets too.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
People still like ARAH, Eddie. It's just with the more modern looking stuff we've gotten it's a nice change..

i don't know...about 50% of the posts are bashes...

I was never a CG fan honestly. The 25th version didn't do much for me either. I hated that holster loop on the legs. It was so impractical. They should have all had removable helmets too.

no, me niether...i got one and only one...he was one i did not feel the need to build a small squad...and yeah, that loop was dumb, especially considering they gave others actual holsters

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I still like ARAH, they just don't particularly jibe well with 1:18 vehicles, and i don't particularly like the articulation anymore.

If i could figure out a clever way to display ARAH stuff i would.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Well if you are talking O ring ARAH then I can understand a little bashing. The articulation with the new figures kind of makes them obsolete. They were cool for us as kids but there is so much more you can do with the newer ones. Plus, easy head swaps. I am an articulation whore.

I'm just a little more of a fan of the new stuff since it has somewhat of a "real world" use to them. I'm lazy and don't like to paint figures so for them to give me environments that I can just do minimal swaps to and set them up makes me a fan. Some of the patterns are questionable but they get the point across. I'm all about easy.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I have no more love for ARAH-type modern stuff.

The colors are ridiculous, the gear is atrocious, and the tactical style is non-existent. Why do none of the soldiers have BODY ARMOR!!! (Same goes for COBRA!).

I appreciate my 25th anniversary figures, and am happy we got them, I'm borderline excited for the 30 for 30, but I just can't understand the weird fervor that the ARAH fanboys constantly churn up over such meaningless figures...

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I have no more love for ARAH-type modern stuff.

The colors are ridiculous, the gear is atrocious, and the tactical style is non-existent. Why do none of the soldiers have BODY ARMOR!!! (Same goes for COBRA!).

I appreciate my 25th anniversary figures, and am happy we got them, I'm borderline excited for the 30 for 30, but I just can't understand the weird fervor that the ARAH fanboys constantly churn up over such meaningless figures...

This. I don't particularly care to see 27 year old designs just in a different construction style. Thus you can naturally understand my apathy for "30 for 30".
The 25th line REALLY doesn't even stand next to PoC in terms of detail and the like. It's hard to believe they're only 3 years apart. ARAH figures will always bring to mind a happiness that modern Joes never will, however.

To be fair, EVERYONE wearing body armor is a relatively new concept.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
I think it's the "reliving your childhood" that makes them desirable. That's why I like the nods to the ARAH stuff but I do need the environment specific items. I can't have Bazooka hiding for an ambush with a bright red shirt with a huge 14 on it. Even Stevie Wonder would see that focker coming. That being said I do like them for show purposes at least, if I displayed stuff. My toy area is such a disaster I'm surprised I can even find things.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I know, I just don't get it anymore I guess. I'd almost rather have the ARAH joes as little sculptures you could leave on the shelf. Except I don't even display them anymore.

I don't know, I guess customs ruined me, when I realized I could 'FIX' everything wrong with the figures.. I realized there was no going back.

I also think the 25th line marketing/etc ruined ARAH for me. So much crap product.. I was so enthralled, I bought it all. It's more my issue than the line, but after it all it left a bad taste in my mouth (que eddie..).

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
I think it's the "reliving your childhood" that makes them desirable.

Yep, I thought the CG was bad ass when I was a kid and I still feel that way. However Python Patrol really does suck. I bought the PP ASP back in the day because I never got the original, that was and will be my only PP.