RAH cartoon discussion

Captain Carstein

Let's dooooo it!
May 3, 2011
Minnesota
Shipwreck was a bad imitation of Jack Nickolson.

Yep.

I never got into the cartoon as a kid. Maybe if I was younger when it came out or if I wasn't already into the Marvel comic series or I didn't know anything about real military stuff. I still remember the disappointment of that first mini-series episode with the first HISS Tank being blown up by a laser rifle and CC acting like such a clownshoes. It did have its moments though.

I've tried to watch a couple last year, but just couldn't do it. Still, not as bad as the old Transformers toon.

All in all, it was neat as a kid to see all the vehicles and stuff in action.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
I like the back and forth between Wet-Suit and Leatherneck, myself.

Also, I actually met a tri-athlete Rhode Scholar/Graduate from West Point when we were both LTs, and she was as hot as Lady J.

She, while married, used to make eyes at me all the time.

I shit you not.

Too bad she was married, because I would have gone for it otherwise.

:(

malcadon

H8ter4life
Mar 14, 2011
Pimpvile
I really like Shipwreck. He was was your classic (stereotypical) boozing, foulmouthed, womanizing sailor! If you wanted to see where the real adventures are at, just follow him, as any episode focused on him was a party! As the vice over actor, Neil Ross, puts it: "He plays out like Popeye, and I voiced him like Jack Nickolson!" And as Buzz Dixon puts it: "If Hasbro gave me complete freedom to do the G.I.Joe movie, it would be 88 minutes of Shipwreck in Tijuana!"

I find Lady Jaye to be sexy. She has that sassy hair, and her voice is deep and a little rough, but in a sexy way. Baroness had that sexy S&M Dominatrix thing going on, but I find Lady Jaye sexier with her softer touch... and she can touch my in all the right ways!

Then again, the whole show was sexy! They liked to put the ladies in odd situations (hair-pulling cat-fights, running around in their underwear, forced-down in some suggestive way), make lots of visual teases, and loads of sexual innuendos. Its like, what they could not show in the way of violence, they made up in sexual subtly.

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
I agree with malcadon, Shipwreck was f'n awesome, like his filecard says he is the quintessential sailor. Yeah the cartoon was pretty silly but most of us like something about it.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, as silly as they are (seeing them as an adult), they really were dripping awesome sauce when they came on after school and Saturday mornings as a kid...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Some episodes are hard to watch but nostalgia makes me happy whenever they are on.

that ^^^

just hearing the theme song makes me all happy in the, um, ears...and the background music was great too...either ominous Cobra music, or happy Joe music, lol...though, there was that suspenseful tone too...

now i want to pop in the DVDs

Captain Carstein

Let's dooooo it!
May 3, 2011
Minnesota
Despite not being the biggest fan, I'm still tempted to get that Shout! boxed set. Bottom line, its still GI Joe in the ARAH era and the nostalgia factor alone could justify it.

The music, the voice acting... love the likes of Shipwreck, Flint, and Lady Jaye. Basically in my mind, that's what most of my Joes and Cobras voices still sound like today with just a few exceptions.

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
The opening to the movie,IS the best cartoon opening ever! The Revenge of Cobra, the second mini-series is the best one imo. There are some other episode's That are really Enjoy Red Rocket's Glare. The Window Viper is another favorite.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
^^and then you woke up... ;)

I would have totally gone after her if she wasn't married.

She is divorced, but married some other guy a few years later.

Smoking hot body, athletic and a Rhodes Scholar.

It's not every day that you meet a chick with that kind of background!