Rainbow Six: Siege

Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
So, I don't see a thread about this yet, so I'm gonna go ahead and start it. I think this was my highlight from E3 this year. I've been waiting for a new Rainbow Six since Vegas 2 and I can't wait any longer! The fact they've got actual gameplay instead of teaser trailers makes me so happy as well, considering R6: Patriots never even had anything other than a teaser trailer. I can't wait to start breaching ceilings and demolishing houses. :thumbsup:

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
There's a 6 min playthrough that feels heavily edited. It's sort of what the last game did and it disappointed everyone when the game didn't play the same way.

The voices used sound like the same ones from the Division.

Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
Who said anything about a beta? I meant they'll have playable code on the floor at E3, which is a step up from Patriots which didn't even get that far. I just want to see what people think after having a little hands on time. And honestly, I'd rather there be a beta and community input before release than none at all, as long as it's a real beta and not a glitchy promo demo. There's a lot of input to be gained from a good beta, but yeah, the mulitplayer demo/beta a month before release is worthless outside of just being able to use it as a marketing tool.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, a floor demo would be cool.. I just got wrapped up in my Beta hate.. all through the Sony conference every game was like "Beta available first on playstation!" as if that's a good thing. I'd rather have the 2nd Beta when they fixed everything broken in the first one lol

Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
Lockdown dropped it. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The planning phase is what made the game unique. It also gave it replay value as one could play with a different plan everytime.
Ghost Recon also had planning stages.
I'm also waiting for them to have a movie based on it.
Ah yeah, I forgot about Lockdown. As far as planning, from what I've read this game's much more focused on doing these missions in a multiplayer setting, which kind of negates the need for a planning phase for most of the game since you're not relying on AI. I feel like it'll be real fun if you've got a decent team that works together, but a nightmare if you don't. Either way I'm gonna enjoy the chaos that blowing holes in walls and floors is sure to create :thumbsup:

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
WV / DC
Only rare if you don't have a set group of friends to play with...

We used to dominate in the R6 Vegas because our team and the way we played complimented each other...had a sniper, a window washer, a couple if run and gunners and the guy that just liked to camp out the objective. Worked really well.

I'm really excited to see what Ubisoft can do with this one and Division. I think they could really out a hurt on CoD and BF.

Apr 4, 2011
Germantown, MD
Well there is a lot of CoD burnout, especially after CoD Ghosts and BF burnout especially after the clusterfuck of BF4.. so the time is ripe!
Yep, and honestly I only really got into those games because no one was playing R6 anymore. I love that series and a lot of people have fond memories of playing it on the original xbox. Rainbow Six 3 was the killer app for Xbox live until Halo 2.

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
Any of you play this on PC and are any good - my son is needing a 5th for his squad. He is currently platinum rank...with 3 more platinums on the squad...stuck in gold due to the 5th...

dannyc

Resident Cuban
Jan 28, 2012
miami
Any of you play this on PC and are any good - my son is needing a 5th for his squad. He is currently platinum rank...with 3 more platinums on the squad...stuck in gold due to the 5th...
I play a lot with some friends but we generally are pretty rowdy when we talk to each other so I may be able to play.

dannyc

Resident Cuban
Jan 28, 2012
miami
Ive always wanted to get into this game.. but haven't yet.

Props to Ubisoft for keeping this game alive with new content/etc.
It is honestly a fun game to play with a group of friends Ubisoft is the one company right now I can sort of trust to make a good game and not be greedy or fuck the playerbase. Though the new toxicity filter is retarded