Random Questions Thread

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I'm putting together a Nunchuck. I would like to use Ret Storm Shadow legs for the wraps and plain uppers, but I need combat boot style feet. He has rockers so the options are limited. Would Battle Katana Roadblock or Leatherneck feet fit? What figures come with removable drop holsters on the right thigh? I think they're are some in the Star Wars line.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Looking at my Storm Shadow, yes. His ankles are tiny. I did find a Ret Flint, but even those feet are kind of big. I can't get the feet off Stormy anyway. Even warming them up they were stretching. It felt like they were going to break before coming out. I might can this custom. I would have to take apart 4 fresh Retaliation figures to build it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Making rockers out of regular ones is fairly straight forward. I did a pair of Para-Viper feet to go on Ret. Stormshadow's legs when I was piecing together a colonial German.

You might try this:

Renegades Scarlett/Retaliation Lady Jaye. Sorry about that stray dog hair.

As for drop-legs, 90% of the figures that used the PoC Snake Eyes legs have them, including Ren. Airborne. Retaliation Firefly (movie one) has one. I think Ultimate Duke, too. There are leg holsters on lots of Star Wars figures, but their utility will vary greatly.

Edit:

Removable holsters. Not terribly common on Joe figures. 25th Lady Jaye's pistol belt, and RIA Scarlett had a huge belt holster.

Last edited:

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Those feet will work good. Using Scarlett' feet never crossed my mind. Now I just need to swap them without breaking them. I also found this while looking for something else. No idea where it came from, but it's exactly what I need.

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Looks like it probably came off of a Jango Fett figure.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
Any tips on pulling off hands on Retaliation figures? I tried using the warm water trick but it didn't work. I just broke a Flint's wrist. The hand came off the joint piece which is still in the arm. And I still can't get it out. The groves are from a pliers.

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I've had that happen once or twice.

I snapped 4 DG Trooper elbow joints just yesterday, and I've only done that twice before, ever on peg joints. Since I have a shitload of them, and didn't need the lower arms, I just tossed the parts in the trash but to get the broken bits out, I had to use fine-tipped needlenose pliers with grooves/grips on the end. I grabbed the peg with the pliers (on the side closest to the peg), and used it to hold the figure, and held the arm under hot water still, then gripped the arm tightly and pulled the peg out.

The problem is the materials on the newer figures are of lesser/rubberier quality, so they don't pop apart as easily sometimes.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Skip water altogether and get a hairdryer. Or a damn heat gun. I've never managed to break one when actually using heat, but I did fucker up the right hand on a DG Cobra Commander like above by just pulling.

I agree that the rubbish plastic they currently use can make disassembly more of a chore.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Yup, like KT said, hairdryer. Works well and no clean up. If you have one at your work station, there's also no need to get up.

XOC2008

Caution: Troll Ahead!
Mar 14, 2011
Plainfield, IL
Any tips on pulling off hands on Retaliation figures? I tried using the warm water trick but it didn't work. I just broke a Flint's wrist. The hand came off the joint piece which is still in the arm. And I still can't get it out. The groves are from a pliers.

I do hot water and then grab the hand and start giving it sideways pressure while turning the arm so that the peg stretches the hole all the way around, and after it pops out, I drop the arm back into the hot water to regain shape it might have lost. I do the same with broken pegs/joints and pliers. Hot water and grip the joint as close to the wrist as possible, and continue to give sideways pressure while rotating the arm.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
The water I used was fairly hot, just not boiling when I started. I did not like what it was doing to the plastic so I let it cool down some. Storm Shadow's hands stretched out to an almost saluting shape at the slightest touch.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I got some black liquid rit dye to dye the LJ harness black. What do you recommend for water to dye ratio? I've done Rit dyeing before with mix results.