Renegades Cobra Trooper Review!

danielgogeta

Enlisted
Mar 26, 2011

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Great pictures as usual DG! Not sure if this guy is a 10 though. He has some cool accessories but those knee pads are a killer. For the Renegades franchise he's cool but for using him with other lines he stands out a bit I think.

One thing I didn't notice until now is that they put the original Cobra symbol on him. I thought the Renegads Cobra symbol was different?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It is, but why in god's name would you want it?

Monkeywrench

00coathanger
Mar 14, 2011
Great pictures as usual DG! Not sure if this guy is a 10 though. He has some cool accessories but those knee pads are a killer. For the Renegades franchise he's cool but for using him with other lines he stands out a bit I think.

One thing I didn't notice until now is that they put the original Cobra symbol on him. I thought the Renegads Cobra symbol was different?

I agree with your opinion on the rating, it's not quite a 10. I don't think you should judge a Renegades figure for not be compatible with other lines though. Comparing it to other Renegades figures and to what he looked like on the show, he looks pretty damn awesome.

The symbol was different on the show. I could be wrong but I think it evolved to a more recognizable Cobra symbol towards the end of the show. Having hard time remembering lol.

DG, overall, very nice review and great pics like always!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I wouldn't give him a 10 for articulation and accessory deficiencies, but I think he's great as riot police or instillation security.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Great review as always. I really dig the minni dios to display the figure.

I may get one to see what I can do with it.

I mean, who else other than Eddie needs knee pads that big?? :D

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
I managed to pick one up, did a tiny bit of painting and I feel he looks much better.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Has anyone bought several of these and noticed a variation of the night stick?

My first one (and L&O) have the same kind, with a rounded tip. The one I got today has a flat tip (similar to the Alley-Viper's) with a hole, kind of like it was meant to have a spike in it.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this kind? It came from the same case as the L&O I got.

The Willoughbian

Proletariat Art Threat
Jun 24, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Know I just recently pulled this figure out of toy bin and now I'm wishing I had grabbed a few more of them when I had the chance. For some reason I've been liking the more cartoonish figures in my collection lately.

Nice review, by the way.