REVIEW: Imaginext Collectible Figures - The Zombie

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014

FULL REVIEW HERE:
That Figures: REVIEW: Imaginext Collectible Figures - The Zombie

Final Thoughts
I'm a big fan of horror movies (particularly the zombie genre) and monster toys, so you can see why, when I saw that Imaginext had included a zombie in their line-up, I had to track him down. And on the whole I'm pleased with my purchase.

If you're a fan of the Jason character then you'll really get a kick out of this figure. Sure, it's not 100% movie accurate and it's not Jason in his more famous ''mask and machete'' outfit but if you're a follower of the franchise then you're sure to like this figure and its recreation of the character in his earlier guise.

As I mentioned above, though, I personally prefer the figure as a straight-up zombie. But as such I do have to admit that there's just a little something missing. Maybe it's because the accountant in me is tallying the fact that I've paid for accessories I'm not using or the completist in me thinks it's a sacrilege to display a figure in an incomplete state but when I see the figure stripped of his gear I find myself wishing there was just a little more to it. Maybe a severed limb would have been a nice accessory (although way too gory for a line intended for kids) or perhaps a broken telephone and a pair of headphones (ala Day of the Dead's Bub) would have worked. It just irks me a little - as a zombie fan - that the figure is more Jason and less undead terror, but that's a very personal hurdle for me to overcome and I'm sure the Zombie will be appreciated by other fans of the horror genre.

Overall, a neat figure with some great detail and paint, marred slightly by accessories that make for a great Jason Voorhees but not so much for a great zombie. Maybe I should track down a shark for him to battle instead...

Creepy fun.

More Pics Here:
That Figures: REVIEW: Imaginext Collectible Figures - The Zombie

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
Yeah, as I said I'm more a zombie purist but it's still an awesome figure either way.