Review: Techno Viper (GI Joe 30th anniversary)

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Figure:

This was another figure that was long waited for by quite a few GI Joe fans. It comes with most of the items the original did. The figure is somewhat bulky but has enough movement to do basic poses. It does have the articulated wrists also. The hands on this figure could not hold the weapon without help though. It had the Hazard Viper syndrome.

It does have the classic purple color to it. The sculpt is actually really nice. They did but some good detail on the figure. The vest does come off if so desired.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Weapons:

According to the file card it comes with a welder pistol, pneumatic shears, hammer, hose and backpack. There is also a cone block areas off. If you have a few of them they should fit together on the tabs that are at the bottom of the cone. The file card mentions a diognastic case with a pistol but I did not see anything of the sort.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Weapons:

The weapons fit on the backpack. There are 3 slots on the back so as the figure holds one the others can be stored. The hose is a bit of a problem, at least with this figure. It is a very thin piece that will eventually not hold to the backpack. It also will get a kink in it if used certain ways. I would suggest switching as little as possible or finding some small tubing that would hold better. There is also a holster for his pistol.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
About the most I can say for this one is that it comes with a traffic cone.

Army build it and you can set up a 1:18 slalom.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
that's weird that you say it had Hazard Viper syndrome. Mine has a rather tight grip with both hands. Maybe I just got lucky.

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
Nice review, I remember getting the original towards the end of my collecting days.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
that's weird that you say it had Hazard Viper syndrome. Mine has a rather tight grip with both hands. Maybe I just got lucky.

Yea, that's why I mentioned it was this figure. I imagine figures will be different with this one since it has hands with the articulated wrists. They seem to be more consistent with having decent grips. The Hazard Viper hands are just horrible.