Revomini Solid Snake REVIEW

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
Morelock here, bringing a hands on review of the recently released Revomini Solid Snake. I ordered mine through Hobbylink Japan for around $32 (with EMS) shipping. Took close to 5 days to get here, so it's not too much of a wait.

First and foremost. Be wary of getting this figure, if you have no past experience with the Revoltech design, then you're opening up a brand new can of worms. The basic premise is that each joint works as a 2 way peg, allowing the poser to rotate in order to get certain positions (think Movie based MU legs, but in a good way!)

001 by Mattmorelock, on Flickr
Snake is depicted in his Metal Gear Solid 1 attire, which as a fan of MGS, I've personally always wanted this design in figure form. Of course, you can see that he has a slight "anime" design, nothing too significant, for it attributes the character greatly. Looking very similar to the concept art from the game.

Accessories:

Snake comes with 6 hands.
x2 Trigger hands (Left and Right)
x2 Fists
x2 "Specialty hands (will get to that later)
x2 Holsters (One featuring the pistol, the other without)
Oversized FAMAS rifle (portrayed in the art)
Oversized pistol (also portrayed large in the art). *The pistol features a removable suppressor*
Binoculars
And a Claymore with a detonator
Revoltech stand (I generally don't use them, so I left it out of the review)
and a small disc shaped clear stand for posing.
And a eye pic

002 by Mattmorelock, on Flickr
The Binoculars peg into the right *specialty* hand. Allowing for Snake to use them.

004 by Mattmorelock, on Flickr
And the left *specialty* hand features a lit cigarette. Allowing for smoking poses.
005 by Mattmorelock, on Flickr

Articulation is superb on this figure. Using the Revoltech joints, Snake has points of articulation everywhere!
Articulate eyes. The face pops out from underneath the bandanna, allowing for you to use the peg to maneuver the eyes in any direction)
Top of the neck, and the bottom of the neck
all hands have a simple hinge in them
both arms use a double ball peg in the elbow and the shoulder
Double Ball Peg in the chest and the lower abdomen
Double Ball Peg in the hips, knees, and ankles.

006 by Mattmorelock, on Flickr

Joe Scale. He does work somewhat. You'll easily be able to have him in all sorts of interesting scenes. (Possibly kicking another "Snake's" ass).

007 by Mattmorelock, on Flickr
Photos! (Sorry there are none using the FAMAS, thought it looked bad and have no plans of actually using it).

008 by Mattmorelock, on Flickr
010 by Mattmorelock, on Flickr
All in all, it's a great figure. Especially if you are a Metal Gear fan. My only gripe is that the arms actually don't go all the way down at a natural angle, so when you have the figure just standing, it'll always look as if he's trying to flex his chest out.

daremo

Officer III
Sep 12, 2011
Damn, that's cool! Now after this review I want one too. Good work, Morelock.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Man he looks fantastic, so glad they're making these Micro Revoltech (I do own the Big Chap and Skeleton Revoltech).

Can't wait for mine to show up (kept you waiting huh?) and have pre-ordered the Cyborg Ninja. I'll pre-order Big-Boss/Venom/Punished Snake when that goes up whenever. I hope they intend to make many characters from the series and do a bunch of the Guards.

MMorelock66

Isn't a Gijoe fan
Apr 4, 2012
the land of Virginia
Man he looks fantastic, so glad they're making these Micro Revoltech (I do own the Big Chap and Skeleton Revoltech).

Can't wait for mine to show up (kept you waiting huh?) and have pre-ordered the Cyborg Ninja. I'll pre-order Big-Boss/Venom/Punished Snake when that goes up whenever. I hope they intend to make many characters from the series and do a bunch of the Guards.

I have the same hopes. Would love to see a Genome soldier and Liquid Snake from the first game