Russia |OT| Мы не говорим по-русски здесь

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com

So a Ukrainian pro-Russian rebel leader was killed today.. earlier this week, Russians were supposed to be sending tanks EAST for a wargames thing.. but instead they were being shipped to the Ukrainian border.. coincidence?

dannyc

Resident Cuban
Jan 28, 2012
miami
I didn’t realize the ‘civil war’ in the east was still hot. News hasn’t mentioned it since they shot the jetliner down.
I have a ukrainian friend so we talk about it alot. It is still warm but not hot like before, also took a survey for my dorm yesterday for new cable channels and RT was one choice

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Jesus, I know you should never underestimate the Reds, but that's fucking ridiculous.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Well, if the have to rely on the Chinese, it’s not unprecedented. We depend on Russia to get to the ISS... which is similarly ridiculous.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I guess that dry dock was bought from the Swedes or something in the 80s. They have another one they can use but it's in the black sea.. pretty messed up. They're not projecting their power overseas very far.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Yeah, the ISS is similarly embarrassing, but the magnitude isn't nearly as great. Our contributions in space are unmatched, and the lack of a shuttle program doesn't affect our national defense. This makes the Reds look really feeble. One damn carrier, and it's gonna be out of commission for a year. Good luck trying to reassure your allies now.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Unsafe Russian Intercept over Mediterranean Sea > U.S. Naval Forces Europe-Africa / U.S. 6th Fleet > News

On April 15, 2020, a U.S. P-8A Poseidon aircraft flying in international airspace over the Mediterranean Sea was intercepted by a Russian SU-35. The interaction was determined to be unsafe due to the SU-35 conducting a high-speed, inverted maneuver, 25 ft. directly in front of the mission aircraft, which put our pilots and crew at risk. The crew of the P-8A reported wake turbulence following the interaction. The duration of the intercept was approximately 42 minutes.
The interaction was determined to be unsafe due to the SU-35 conducting a high-speed, inverted maneuver, 25 ft. directly in front of the mission aircraft
inverted maneuver

Mistermarks101

The Unwashed
Dec 20, 2016
I just watch Top Gun with 3 year old he loved it. My 15 year old on the other hand thought I was water boarding her. I quoted that part of the movie verbatim.

Reactions: pcsguy88 and NSA

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Lol, I could imagine her eyes rolled back a bit... My wife and girls tolerate my aviation obsession pretty well most of the time, but when I start to get a little too nerdy, I’ll catch the occasional eye roll. My son is also a little more legitimately interested than they are. Air shows are our warm weather hobby together. Unfortunately, they’ve already cancelled nearly every show this year through June.

Reactions: Mistermarks101

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
My son enjoyed Top Gun when we watched it last year, but it didn't light that fire in him like it did when I was his age. But he also didn't grow up in that cold war era idolizing that jet. To my 11yo self, Top Gun was essentially Skystriker: The Movie. Kids these days just can't relate.

I'm sure we'll watch it again before the sequel drops.

Reactions: Mistermarks101

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
My son enjoyed Top Gun when we watched it last year, but it didn't light that fire in him like it did when I was his age. But he also didn't grow up in that cold war era idolizing that jet. To my 11yo self, Top Gun was essentially Skystriker: The Movie. Kids these days just can't relate.

I'm sure we'll watch it again before the sequel drops.
I watched it with my 17 year old like.. maybe a year ago? He mostly liked it, I think, but same.. no fire there. It was my GO TO movie in the 80s. But we also had less content to choose from, and new stuff came out at a slower rate.. now you can watch something new every day and never need to rewatch a single thing.

Hoping they have a 4K release for the original before the new one comes out, the Blu-ray transfer I have is pretty rough quality compared to other releases from that era.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I watched it with my 17 year old like.. maybe a year ago? He mostly liked it, I think, but same.. no fire there. It was my GO TO movie in the 80s. But we also had less content to choose from, and new stuff came out at a slower rate.. now you can watch something new every day and never need to rewatch a single thing.

Hoping they have a 4K release for the original before the new one comes out, the Blu-ray transfer I have is pretty rough quality compared to other releases from that era.
Would you look at that? Ask and ye shall receive!

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/top-gu...-blu-ray-blu-ray-1986/6406589.p?skuId=6406589