Share your 2017 Christmas toy haul. I go first.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Won't be any 1:18 under the tree this year, but I should have a couple of ARW figures to mess with a couple days after Christmas. Not sure there will be any toys this year, to be honest. Maybe some LEGO. Those '94 30th Anniversary Joes are great, loved them as a kid, and when I first got back into Joes over a decade ago I scored a set of them MiB for a smoking deal.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
No toys for me this year as I didn't buy me any. Nothing I wanted that's out now. I did give some away to my nephew. I've had a box of 20-30 MU figs that I collected because I just thought that they were cool. They were just collecting dust in the basement so I decided to make a kids day. It was difficult to part with some of them, but eh, now they're serving their purpose.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
No toys for me either this year, not even the real bang bang type. I did recently order a new marpat parka, a pair of boots, gloves, and a t-shirt though. Oh, and a zero turn mower w/ wagon and cover kits. That'll be it for me though, unless I can count when the contractor finally gets our master bath remodeled/functioning. That will definitely be a gift.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I got one of the kids the Megablocks Call of Duty P-51.. should be fun putting that together.

No 1:18 though. I can't think of anything out that I'd even really want, other than older pricey stuff that I really don't need.

Patricio

Enlisted
Oct 6, 2017
Somewhere in South America
Won't be any 1:18 under the tree this year, but I should have a couple of ARW figures to mess with a couple days after Christmas. Not sure there will be any toys this year, to be honest. Maybe some LEGO. Those '94 30th Anniversary Joes are great, loved them as a kid, and when I first got back into Joes over a decade ago I scored a set of them MiB for a smoking deal.

Sure, I love those real soldiers at Joe scale and body construction, by the way, what does ARW stand for?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
After watching The Toys That made Us, I'm thinking about getting this MOTUC set. Wouldn't be here for Christmas, though.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Sure, I love those real soldiers at Joe scale and body construction, by the way, what does ARW stand for?

Acid Rain World. Speaking of, FedEx/USPS came through and these showed up well ahead of schedule! 1:18 figures for Christmas after all.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
All the good 1:18 stuff these days are by small manufacturers, and expensive. These didn't cost me much more than two minimally-accessorized* Boss Fight figures would have. 1:18 is in a pretty sad state of affairs, at least in regards to prices. Some of us remember when a 1:18 vehicles could be had in-store for what a niche 1:18 figure costs these days.

*Two female bucks w/out heads, two vests, one set of forearms, one t-shirt torso and two complete flight helmets (helmet, visor and boom mic) all added up to almost $50 after shipping.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Scored a few more things. My kids got me models of an SR-71 and an F-117 for when I eventually get my home office set up and a giant Hershey Kiss and Reese's snowman. And my wife surprised me with a high end weather station (thing looks like a dang iPad!). Some friends from back up in PA sent us a big box of the best chocolate candy in the world (in my humble opinion, but I've been a lot of places :D). So, all in all, a most excellent Christmas!

We are super blessed, and very thankful.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mostly CDs here. Also pulled a portable light tent, an old Brownie Starflex I may or may not be able to get working, LEGO Destiny's Bounty, a book on WWI, some clothing items and a CoD WWII (eeew, camouflage) PS4.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
No PS4 for me. I'd have to get it for myself. Since I missed out on the $199 deals during black Friday I said ef it.

Wife got me an Ancestry DNA kit that I didn't want. The conspiracy theorist in me feels very uncomfortable about it.

saltymarine

Enlisted
Aug 22, 2011
No PS4 for me. I'd have to get it for myself. Since I missed out on the $199 deals during black Friday I said ef it.

Wife got me an Ancestry DNA kit that I didn't want. The conspiracy theorist in me feels very uncomfortable about it.

Ya I wouldn’t give my DNA to anyone without a warrant ! It’s just not a good idea these days. Just sayin .

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

mutt71

Enlisted
Oct 14, 2017
Nothing hobby related at all, which is fine. I did buy my own though. As a late comer to 1/18 scale, I am concentrating on WWII to the Present time. I got the following:
World Peacekeepers Amphibious Set #2, (for the trailer)
3 1/18 21st XD M-151A2's (2 complete one for parts for the trailer above)
I 1/18 Diecast Basic Military Humvee
2 1/18 21st UH-1C Hoghead Hueys
10 21st XD Vietnam figures for the Hueys and the M-151's
6 Current US Army figures for the Humvee
1 P-47D Bubble top in need of some minor repair work

Last edited:

Gungho-joe

Enlisted
Apr 1, 2011
Ohio
My wife got me the Cobra Missile Base and the kids got me the Revolution Box set. I often ask for gifts the kids will enjoy also since this is a open it up kinda house.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
The wife and I told each other we didn't want anything...it's just too much work trying to come up with things AND our house has reached critical mass, we just have too much stuff.

But, she got me a few little things anyway. A dash cam, some Ferrero Roche candy (but I'm diabetic!!!) Alien Covenant DVD and my daughter "bought" me a Minecraft mini.

Good brother in law and his wife got my three shirts from $6 tees, all movie themed.

Cheap-ass brother in law and his equally cheap wife...not even worth mentioning.

My wifes parents got me a Star Wars/Last Jedi shirt, and gave my wife and I a new set of dishes.

Pretty boring stuff, but pretty much my fault for trying to not get buried under a pile of stuff I didn't really need or want.

The one REALLY good thing that I guess you could consider a present...my recently deceased mothers house was closed on the Friday before Christmas. We got a check that day and we'll be paying off our house in the next week or so using the money from that sale. This will be super nice and will allow us to use money that would normally go to house payments to be put towards fixing and replacing things around the house.