Shit you watch on TV

loadedtomcat

Magnificent Bastard
Mar 18, 2011
You know, besides Mythbusters.

Personally, I can't get enough of Pawn Stars. American Pickers on the other hand, would be much better without Chubs and The Tool cruising around the Mystery Machine tearing up your barn and making campy jokes about how awesome they think they are. I bet the skinny one beats his wife. What the hell ever happened to Deadliest Warrior?

Big Jim

Thread Derailer
Mar 15, 2011
Occupied PRK
How I met your mother is about the only thing I make a point to watch, otherwise the news or whatever catches my interest.
And Ewok season 2 is more anticipated for me than season 6 of Dexter, however 2 things worry me. The firing of the writing staff and going to freelancers for each episode and the fact they want to try and cut the budget to make more profit. The fact its only 13 episodes sucks as well

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
These are the shows I actively watch (that are still on, not syndicated):

Dexter, Game of Thrones, Weeds, United States of Tara, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Entourage, Boardwalk Empire, Walking Dead, Mad Men, Parks & Rec, Always Sunny, and The Office.

There are a few more that I'm a casual watcher of, but that's about the only ones I keep up with as they release new episodes, although I'm a season behind on Always Sunny, and I think a season or two on Curb. I also watch True Blood, but I have no idea why. That's about the only show I watch that I could say I'm slightly ashamed of watching, but it's like a train wreck... I can't turn away.

The shows that I frequently have to watch, that I am a captive audience for because my girlfriend has the worst taste in television:

Anything on Bravo. Anything reality-show based. Anything that's a competition. Especially any competition "reality" show on Bravo. If there are gay men or stupid cu**s involved, she's watching it. And I'm loathing it. I really despise reality television and competition-based shows.

Shows I still need to catch and I'm ashamed that I haven't watched them: The Wire, Sopranos (Got the entire series for Christmas!), Breaking Bad. I tried watching The Killing on AMC, but I got behind when OnDemand episodes expired and I just lost interest.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I watch a few of the USA original series, as well as the SciFi ones when they're on.

Deadliest Warrior is supposed to be back July, but i doubt i'll watch. The tough talk (read: flirting) between the opposing sides, implausible match-ups and outcomes get on my nerves.

alcinde4

Kicker of asses and such
May 16, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I'm a huge HBO tool, so I watch a lot of their original programming. True Blood, Entourage, Boardwalk Empire, Treme, Game of Thrones, Hung, Eastbound and Down, Curb Your Enthusiasm. My DVR is constantly recording something from HBO. Outside of that, I'm a huge NFL (stupid, god-damn lockout :mad:), NBA, and MLB fan. So I'm pretty much always watching and/or recording something.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
not to be a d!ck, buuuuuuuut ----> http://forums.fighting118th.com/showthread.php?t=177

so i love cartoons...i watch a lot of them

-Archer
-Young Justice
-Family Guy
-Southpark
-Renegades
-Cleveland show
-American Dad
-TF Prime
-Futurama
-Clone Wars
-Avengers

my list of non toon goes like this...

-Smallville (done)
-Cougar Town (hilarious!)
-Modern family
-How I Met Your Mother
-Rules of Engagement
-Mad Love
-No Ordanary Family (canceled)
-Big Love
-Walking Dead
-Mythbusters
-Mr. Sunshine (canceled)
-Tosh.0
-Love Bites (not bad so far)

i think that covers it...

used to watch Nip Tuck, Heroes, Surface, SCRUBS, Gary Unmarried, Old Christine, uhhhh...i WAS watching V, but got bored and irritated with the constant close ups and gawd awful CGI...its bad for TV CGI..just soooooo bad

Last edited:

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I'm a huge HBO tool, so I watch a lot of their original programming. True Blood, Entourage, Boardwalk Empire, Treme, Game of Thrones, Hung, Eastbound and Down, Curb Your Enthusiasm. My DVR is constantly recording something from HBO. Outside of that, I'm a huge NFL (stupid, god-damn lockout :mad:), NBA, and MLB fan. So I'm pretty much always watching and/or recording something.
Yeah, i'm gonna be a sad panda this fall if there's no NFL.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The shows that I frequently have to watch, that I am a captive audience for because my girlfriend has the worst taste in television:
i think it goes with the gender...my wife watches so much sh!tty reality TV it makes me sick...and every dumb a$$ dance/singing/talent show there is...the sadder part is that she likes them...it scares me...my wife is an LCD?

16 and pegnant
idol
dancing w/stars
toddlers tiaras
kate plus 8
19 kids
little couple
yes to dress
house hunters

etc etc...who gives a f*@# about all these nobodys lives?!!...ERRRR

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I didnt watch the whole thing just a few minutes. So it was that bad Goldbug?
i've been meaning to mention how awful the new Voltron was...soooooooooooooooo bad...i mean, if you're a child with mild retardation, you'd probably like it, but aside from that...*shudders*...i wanted to like it, i truely did, as i'm a big Voltron fan, but it was just bad....it was like from the 90's..the opening theme is all rappy, the diolooooo...

ya know what, forget it...its a kid show, aimed at YOUNG kids i guess, so of course i wouldnt like it...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
You should slap her for 16 and Pregnant. My sister watches that fucking garbage.
i rag on her idiocy all the time...she also watches EVERY show where the girls are big whores like Gossip girl and 90210...glamorizing the attitude, bitchiness, sluttiness and snobish crap thats plaguing this country...

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
anyone watching falling skies on tnt? so far not so bad i mean sure there are some cheesy parts, and some pretty bad acting. But so far the 1st two episodes are moving at a fast pace with some good action.

Last edited:

duffmann

Duff Beer Mascot
Jun 19, 2011
Fallbrook
nah, havent seen it...pretty sure i couldnt convince the wife to watch it...see posts 16 & 19 :rolleyes:
wow and i thought i had it bad. here is what my wife watches

16 prego (worst show ever)
biggest loser
cupcake wars
gossip girl
1 tree hill

but she also likes the following:
Fringe (her favorite show and one of mine)
Burn notice
Justified (another favorite of hers and mine)
In Plain Sight

alcinde4

Kicker of asses and such
May 16, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Oh yeah. I forgot about Modern Family. Initially, I just watched it for Sofia Vergara (she's is so fucking fine). But now I actually love the show. I think it's hilarious.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
i think it goes with the gender...my wife watches so much sh!tty reality TV it makes me sick...and every dumb a$$ dance/singing/talent show there is...the sadder part is that she likes them...it scares me...my wife is an LCD?

16 and pegnant
idol
dancing w/stars
toddlers tiaras
kate plus 8
19 kids
little couple
yes to dress
house hunters

etc etc...who gives a f*@# about all these nobodys lives?!!...ERRRR
Yep, everything you mentioned plus more. The absolute worst is the Kardashian spinoffs and shit like "Million Dollar Listing" and "Millionaire Matchmaker" and the "Housewives of ________" series... Just a bunch of despicable c*nts who shouldn't be alive wasting money. And boy, do they waste it.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
theres definitly more garbage she watches, i just listed what i could remember...thankfully, the Kardashian bullsh!t isnt on her list...

jesus Eddie, you and your wife watch alot of tv
we don't have kids so we have a lot of free time...its glorious!...also, the shows i listed for her, i don't watch...whenever she watches that mind numbing crap i work on customs or read or jack off or literally ANYTHING else

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
The Office, Parks and Recreation, Outsourced are the main ones that I make a point to watch whenever a new episode is airing. I used to watch 24 and Lost until both series ended.

Other than those, I watch whatever is on if I don't have anything better to do.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
I wondered if they'd lop his hand off or keep it whole considering they have enough special effects to deal with, with it being a zombie show and all. In a comic it's easy to deform a main character and keep it consistent... Hell, it's less to draw!

But either shooting it from trick angles or CGIing it out would be a hassle, not even counting what they have in store for the adventure. I like that they steer from the source, that way we get some surprises.

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
I don't watch anything but the show I did manage to catch a few times I just found out was cancelled! Lie to Me on fox... pisses me off. I show one ioda of interest and they pull the plug.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I don't watch anything but the show I did manage to catch a few times I just found out was cancelled! Lie to Me on fox... pisses me off. I show one ioda of interest and they pull the plug.
What?! Crap! I forgot about that one, since they haven't shown a new episode since February. I really liked that show. I take it that it wasn't pulling the numbers they wanted then. That sucks.

That reminds me, I watch Bones too.

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
The filming is terrible and the acting is awful but I still love it. My girlfriend absolutely hates it.

I'm several seasons behind, but I actually own Seasons 1-5 or 6 and need to pick back up. I've seen most of the earlier seasons, but need to marathon a few seasons to get back up to the newer one. A lot has gone on in the last few seasons, and that year/2-year hiatus didn't help me keeping up with the show.