Shit you watch on TV

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
While on vacation, our condos cable service had a channel called Comet....sort of like Scy-Fy, but the content looks to be made entirely from sci-fi shows that are no longer running, and older sci-fi movies. Basicly how Scy-Fy started out. It was great seeing shows like Star Gate, Andromeda and 90's Outer Limits. They also advertised they were going to be starting up Babylon 5. I know this all could probably be found streaming from somewhere, or available on Hulu, Net Flix or some such. My wife found Comet on our Roku, so I've been enjoying finishing off the day with some of the aforementioned shows.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
This is coming from uber left Amazon and no one is suspicious that this is a marketing tactic? I mean, this kind of show isn't targeted at liberals, is it? They certainly wouldn't be interested either way. So they need to attract conservatives. What better way to do that then by feigning offence and claiming it's right up their alley. I mean, it looks like it's working. That or my tinfoil hat is getting really thick. Maybe the left is genuinely interested in making shows and movies just for us. Seems plausible.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Just finished the pilot and wifey and I agree it’s movie quality. I’m already hooked. Didn’t read that article beyond the headline and into the first paragraph so I do not know what prompted the patriotic orgasm they had, but so far the show is exactly what you’d expect from the Clancy name.

Must watch if you are a Jack Ryan fan. NSA needs to confirm.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Oh nice to hear. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet but will do.

Are the episodes 1 hour each?

The article was mostly based on how Jack Ryan is a "perfect American hero" and how that's not what 'we' want anymore. Basically that he's too white and too good and too perfect. I don't think they liked the evil muzzies either.. but that was way far down their complaint list.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I caught the first episode of "The Purge" last night, meh. I was thrown off because at 11:20 it just suddenly changed from Purge to CSI. No segue way, no end credits/opening credits. Just suddenly, there was Jorja Fox and some other guy. Took me a few minutes to figure out what happened. Checked just about every clock in the house and it was not the usual time for show change.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The Last Ship came back last night.. I recorded it but haven't seen it yet.. So no spoilers! I did read that people are mad that brown people are the enemy 😂
Give it time. The brown people will be shown to be misunderstood and the moral, virtuous heroes of the whole series. I haven't watched it yet either, so I could be way off base. We could be looking at equal opportunity bad guys again!

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I dunno, The Last Ship has been pretty solid about not doing that for the most part. Remember the Black lady was the villain at the end of season 1? Russians were the villains, that English sub was a villain, but so were the Chinese. They seem to spread it around mostly evenly. I will say the cast is pretty ethnically diverse, and there are women kicking ass (prior seasons at least).. but I never felt it was preachy or over the top pushing for an agenda.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, given the social climate we're in, I'm hyper aware of that kind of inclusion. Always squinty eyed. But Just a few years ago I don't think I would've seen anything heavy handed in LS. Bad asses all around. Equal! Hmmm...equal. *squinty eyed again*

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
This season of Iron Fist is okay so far. I'm up to ep 7 of 10. Better than the first season. Not nearly as good as Daredevil, Punisher or Defenders, though.

It's very VERY female heavy. :whatever:
It's so female heavy that a chick becomes the Iron Fist in a show about Iron Fist by the end of the show. No comic precedence. "The future is female" was the reason.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Caught the first new episode of Last Man Standing. They poked a lot of fun at the cancellation, which was glorious. Pretty much picked up where they left off. Miss the actor for the middle daughter though. Otherwise, very nice to have it back.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, we miss old Mandy as well. She was a great comedic actress. But when looking at the family, she kind of stuck out as "one of these things is not like the other". The blonde blends more with the other girls. I think she'll grow into the role. Hoping she grows on us, because the girl that replaced the other daughter (Kristen) never grew on us. She's so, dumpy. Her time away from the show and her time on Orange is the New Black did not do her any favors in our eyes.

Glad it's back too, and glad that the ratings were sky high.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, the Kristen actor really let herself go from when she joined. She actually looks a little better now than last season though. When she had the shaved side head thing happening, she was hideous. I will say that her performance as the character is more interesting than the first one. Of course, that girl only had that first season to play it, so maybe it would have gotten more interesting either way, but she didn't seem to have the stage presence of the current one.

They did make some interesting choices on the actors to play the girls. They certainly didn't look very much alike when old Mandy was in the mix, though I didn't mind since she was easily the cutest. Jury's out on new Mandy for sure.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
There's an article I posted a couple posts up about SW. KT noticed that at the bottom of the article they take the opportunity to tell us what monstrous sissies they are.

..though I didn't mind since she was easily the cutest.
Indeed she was. But she was short, and I'm partial to taller girls, so the new girl wins in that dept. Plus, she too is very pretty. BUT I prefer olive skinned brunettes. Sigh. Why couldn't they have replaced her with Alexandria Diddario?! Tall, pretty AND brunette.😍

Also, fuck Kavanaugh. (LOL)
Yeah! F%$& that guy! Wait...do we even have chicks here to virtue signal to?

Is LMS streaming? Not that I'm aware of. But it's on 3 different channels regularly. Hours long marathons.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah.. the SW article above ended it with an "Also, Fuck Kavanaugh." tagline for absolutely no reason. So I kinda want to end everything I saw with it to highlight the absurdity.

Do you need to see them in order? Or is it just self contained stories every week?

Also, Fuck Kavanaugh

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, Screw that well qualified family guy!!! (am I doing it right?) :p

But yeah, I'd say LMS gets more air time than any other 30 minute sitcom right now. DVR to record all and you'll have enough to catch up within a few days.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Do you need to see them in order? Or is it just self contained stories every week?
They're pretty self contained, but there are threads that follow through from beginning to end. We watched them out of order and eventually figured it all out. Like you, we didn't see any eps when it was airing new. We picked up the show after they canceled it.