Shit you watch on TV

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I just can't seem to stick with anything these days. That mini-series with James Franco...what was it, "1964"? Saw all but the last. Lost in Space, five or six episodes. That other new one based on Stephen King's stories...Castle Rock, about the same.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I'm feeling similar. I started Daredevil S3, I think one or two episodes, and have felt the slightest bit of desire to get back to it. Though I'm starting to think my lack of desire for anything is the fault of RDR2. :headinsand:

I'm thinking a near-extinction level event like a zombie apocalypse would make miscegenation a necessity for species survival, but I think I know where you're coming from, Eddie.

The LGBTFSBBBQLMNOPSR-71 stuff is probably laughable, though. Non-heteros are what, 2% of the population? Somehow they all survive to become 50% of the population?
Not to mention that LettusGuacamoleBaconTomatos aren't going to help the species survive.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
The issue with TWD was it was never about "species survival" or any kind of high thinking plan.. it was just a survival show.. and it was good.. but then they tried to work in greater themes and mini-nation building stuff.. and.. it just isn't that kind of show.. or at least it shouldn't be. Even with the new settlements/etc, everything feels painfully small.

I feel like they should have had a separate spin-off of TWD with the powers that be trying to re-establish society, and left Rick & the Gang to their small devices.

The interracial and gay stuff didn't really bother me previously.. as the characters were not written to be complete stereotypes. You had some.. Merle being the white racist, the big black dudes being scary black dudes.. but most of the rest could have been played by anyone and it would basically be the same character. Gay? Ehhh. Unneeded but not terrible, I felt like they could have harped on it a lot more. I thought there were only the two gay couples (the dudes and the ladies) or were there more?

I dunno, I still think the show was best when it was a "road show" with a small tight cast.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
What I’m saying is that that composer made the BP soundtrack mildly ghetto to suit the topic at hand. There’s unlikely to be any hippity hop in the music for The Mandalorian.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I am pretty sure the SCORE for Black Panther wasn't ghetto at all.. it's score, not soundtrack. Instrumental shit. From what I recall it was actually pretty good.

Here's a quote: "Göransson set out to create a score that would sit somewhere between traditional African instrumentation and a traditional superhero score. In order to do this he traveled to Senegal to research traditional African music and instruments."

If you're mad at the Black Panther soundtrack having African influence, then I don't know what to tell you. I don't like American Ghetto stuff as much as the next whitey, but I'm not going to fault a movie mostly taking place in Africa for sounding African.

Looking forward to seeing what he does for Mandalorian.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
...but I'm not going to fault a movie mostly taking place in Africa for sounding African.
Oh gawd no. That's highly appropriate. Even if someone tried to tell you that having stereotypical music is raysis.

Göransson has worked with Disney before on the acclaimed Marvel hit Black Panther and is known for his work scoring the Creed films, Fruitvale Station, Central Intelligence and the box office smash Venom.
It was really this list that gave me squinty eyes. Three of those films, possibly four, had/have the potential to have hip hop ghetto influences.
But I just went and blasted through the BP soundtrack. Surprisingly ( :racist: ) normal score music. Some of it was actually awesome. Sounding like something you'd hear in Thor 3. Though I still suspect that the credits would be loaded with popular hip hop garbage you'd hear on the radio or in every commercial.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
The only hiphop stuff I can remember is during the scenes that take place in like 1990s Oakland, and have actual gang bangers on screen (it's a small plot point), so the music/period/etc is authentic, and it isn't played "as a good thing" or really in any way other than "Yeah that'd what you'd hear if you were there" kind of thing.

I'd say as a whole there was 75% less ghetto-ness than your standard Fast & Furious movie.

Central Intelligence had The Rock and The Short Guy.. I don't recall anything ghetto there.. but again, this guy is SCORE not SOUNDTRACK so probably harder to even get something to result in a ghetto sounding score.. shoot now I am wondering what that would even sound like. Rap without the words, is it still (c)Rap?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Am I the only one just now realizing that GIJOE ARAH comes on the Family channel early in the morning? Just set up a series recording! I'm watching some JOE toons in the morning! Yoooooooooooooooo JOE!

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I’ve got the original Transformers movie,and most of the gijoe miniseries on DVD. All my kids have seen them. It was mandatory in my house! now with the possibility of having more kids(the 27year old GF doesn’t have any,and she wants some) Im going to feel REALLY old showing the next batch these,lol!

I know,a problem you’ll never have Eddie! I still use your “making back babies” line you posted years ago! lol. That’s the only kind I’ve made in almost a decade,...may be firing at live targets again.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
WGN had them on since, I think 5? And I'm always an hour behind. I'll watch something on DVR for an hour then switch back to the channel I was watching and skip back an hour. This way I can blow through commercials. But it also comes on CMT and CW.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Even more most of us have in common with Mike Baxter...

Yeah, I think most days you can find LMS on for 3 to 4 hours each evening on one or two of those channels. Still fun to watch the old episodes even having seen pretty much all of them at least once. Still waiting for the new version to fully find its mojo again. Not sure if it will ever be quite as good as with old Mandy...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Still waiting for the new version to fully find its mojo again. Not sure if it will ever be quite as good as with old Mandy...
We've seen probably all of the episodes mutable times because the show is always on. Both CMT and WGN play hours long marathons regularly throughout the wk. For instance, today it comes on WGN from 7-midnight and CMT from 5-10.

I'm actually starting to like the new Mandy more, but I get what you are saying. With Eve gone most of the time, a new Mandy, new looking Kyle, a monster of a Kristen, and a new Carol (soon), it just feels different. I also think they are either trying to save money or schedules are more difficult to line up or they are filming in a location that's hard for the cast to get to simultaneously because there are far fewer scenes where most of the cast is together. Each episode feels very disjointed within itself. And they seem to push the boundaries a lot less than they used to. It seems much more tame. Like they were allowed to bring the show back, but under the condition that they tone it down.

Yeah I'm going to try and record them as they are on to catch up.. does anything big happen sequentially between seasons or is everything pretty disconnected? I watched 2 last night (season 4) and found myself laughing quite a bit.
Pretty much disconnected. Between season 1 and 2 they change Kristens (the original was better, IMO), Ryans and Boyds. And if you watch the later seasons first, Kyle and Mandy will be together and you might wonder "when did that happen?" (S2 E12). Aside from that, no big deal. We watched quite a few out of order at first until one of the channels started playing them in order. Then between the 3 or 4 channels the show was on, we were able to catch up real quick.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, old Kristen was better too. Not so new Kristen looks more and more like she was adopted.

I'm kind of trying to figure out where the show is going now. It seems like it's kind of coasting. Maybe next (half of) season it'll pick up again. Anybody know when it is supposed to start up again?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Anybody know when it is supposed to start up again?
According to my DVR schedule, this Friday/tomorrow.

I know eventually that that foreign exchange student will show up probably to fill the void left by Eve and to diversity up the show. But yeah, it does seem like this season was/is kind of trying to find a groove. Maybe next season (if there is one) will start to feel normal? With so many changes in cast and writing, it may just take time for us to get used to accepting what the show will now be. And if we keep watching old episodes simultaneously, that's going to be extra difficult.