Shit you watch on TV

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Why didn't anyone TELL ME that Last Man Standing was the best TV show since forever?!

Oh man. I set my DVR to record all episodes so I've got season 4, 5, 6, 7 all recorded and about half of season 1 so far.

I started randomly with the start of season 5, but then switched to Season 1 when those started recording. I'm about 11 episodes into season 1 and man this show is good. It's like perfect Dad/Old Guy humor.

I am not sure if I would have found it as funny in 2011 as I do in 2019 though to be honest. I remember watching a couple of episodes when they first aired and getting a couple of laughs at the Obama jokes, but that was about it. Watching it now feels way different, and much more relatable.

Gonna have fun binging this show.

Some ??? ... original Kristin is kind of.. I dunno, maybe since I saw the other one first I don't relate as much to this one? Wonder why they switched? Gonna miss the Mandy switch I think.. I didn't like the Mandy actress at first (the original/old one) but she grew on me. She can be cute!

But yeah, this show is great! 22 minutes and fast forwarding makes it easy to get in 3 or 4 in a flash. Everything just seems so witty and well written.. and I get like 99.998% of the jokes, which is nice.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Why didn't anyone TELL ME that Last Man Standing was the best TV show since forever?!

Oh man. I set my DVR to record all episodes so I've got season 4, 5, 6, 7 all recorded and about half of season 1 so far.

I started randomly with the start of season 5, but then switched to Season 1 when those started recording. I'm about 11 episodes into season 1 and man this show is good. It's like perfect Dad/Old Guy humor.

I am not sure if I would have found it as funny in 2011 as I do in 2019 though to be honest. I remember watching a couple of episodes when they first aired and getting a couple of laughs at the Obama jokes, but that was about it. Watching it now feels way different, and much more relatable.

Gonna have fun binging this show.

Some ??? ... original Kristin is kind of.. I dunno, maybe since I saw the other one first I don't relate as much to this one? Wonder why they switched? Gonna miss the Mandy switch I think.. I didn't like the Mandy actress at first (the original/old one) but she grew on me. She can be cute!

But yeah, this show is great! 22 minutes and fast forwarding makes it easy to get in 3 or 4 in a flash. Everything just seems so witty and well written.. and I get like 99.998% of the jokes, which is nice.

I know, right? If only someone on here had spoken up... :rolleyes:

Yeah, new Kristin is not nearly as cute as original Kristin, but seems much better at carrying more of the show. Old Mandy is definitely better, and yes, had serious cuteness potential. Although in the later seasons I don't know what happened with the stylists. It's like they were trying to make them all ugly or something. Seems to be mostly better again on the new version, though new Kristin is not getting any easier on the eyes.

But LMS is definitely relatable to most of us on here. Between the workplace hijinks, the hubby/wife and dad/daughter dynamics and, of course, his big boys' toys, Mike is an easy guy to empathize with for sure.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(

I think I just liked the old Kristen better because she was cuter and I liked her almost neurotic nature. New Kristen this newest season has turned into a monster.

But yeah, the jokes are great and every character is likable and funny. Just great, hilarious cast interactions.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I watched the first episode of Project Blue Book on the History channel...not too bad. I'm hoping it doesn't go all "X-Files", but I'm sure it will. I like that it seems they will be basing many of the episodes on actual investigations of the real PBB.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, I planned to watch that show as well. I like the white haired dude that plays the general (name escapes me right now). He was good in Band of Brothers and some other stuff. I'll have to watch one of the reruns of the first episode this week and remember to DVR it.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
What's worse, the wife tells me that old Kristen still looks as good as she did in 2011 when she was on the show. Meanwhile new Kristen keeps getting more monstery with every passing episode.

https://www.instagram.com/alexkrosney/?hl=en

Hmmm. Weird she hasn't really done much since the show, and nothing since 2015. She did a lot of TV episodes before LMS. Wonder if she wanted to quit acting? It was kind of odd that the Original Kristin (OK) was actually younger than Original Mandy (OM), yet was playing the older sister.

And.. WOW OM is now 32! She was 25 when the show started! Eve was 15 when the show started! She was supposed to be in Middle school! Crazy. They always get older people to play younger in shows.. but they did a good job I guess?

I finished Season 1 yesterday, and watched the first episode of season 2. The shift is odd from OK to New Kristin (NK).. I guess they really wanted to push the Liberal Daughter thing, and that wasn't really present in season 1. It was just Daughter with a Kid, Vain Daughter, Tomboy Daughter. I guess they thought they needed more conflict within the family or something? Season 2, Ep1 feels so.. I don't know what. Romney/Ryan vs Obama/Biden! It's like a time capsule or something.

Still can't get the wife on board to pay attention, but at least she's in the room when it's on. The kids all like it and laugh at the jokes. Almost have all the episodes on DVR now, I think just missing a couple from the end of season 2 and some of season 3. That's a lot of episodes!

Non-LMS related.. curious if "The Passage" will be any good.. it premiers tonight.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Fortunately my wife enjoys the show just as much as I do if not more. I mean, if you actually sit down and watch it, how could you not love it?

Why the changed Kristens is still an internet mystery. Not sure it'll ever be disclosed. They could've easily written OK more liberal. She was all over that SJW daycare she had her kid in. Changing Ryans would've been a non issue considering the original was barely in first season and changing Boyds similarly would've been no big deal. But Kristens was painfully obvious. Eh...moot point. Though what me and the wife were hoping for was replacing the original Mandy actress with the OK in S7. That would've been fantastic because, for one, they are both short and dark haired, but the comedic purposes would've been what was really great. The interactions between OK and NK? Ha! The confusion for the rest of the cast!

I think original Mandy bailed for political reasons. She's shared anti-Trump stuff on social media. But to be fair, she is doing some other work. Only a couple episodes here and there, though. Who knows.

Did you guys ever see Bad Teacher? We were watching it a bit ago and were surprised to see Eve.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
We started watching You on Netflix the other day. We're on 7 of 10. Pretty good show. It follows a guy stalking/obsessed with a chick and you hear his inner monologue. Kinda funny. He thinks he's her savior but things just keep slowly spiraling out of control. Looks like it was made for TV but NF picked it up because it has obvious breaks for commercials.

I only see one issue with it. It'll make any chick watching it super suspicious of nice guys from there on out.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I can't help but watch for propaganda anymore. Took a few episodes to spot that one. More male/female division. Now even the good guys need to be feared. Three episodes left. I'm waiting for a non-white hero to swoop in and save her from the evil honkey at some point. 🙄

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I swear had Man of Steel kept the Williams theme, I would've liked the movie. I mean, Justice League objectively sucked nuts, but because it had the Williams and Burton themes in it, I actually enjoy it.

I keep putting on the GIJOE eps I've been DVRing in the background simply for the themes/music that play throughout.

Last edited:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
As you know, while not perfect, I like MoS best of the DC flicks (having not seen Aqua Man, and having most of the others being complete messes). If it can’t be Williams, you really can’t do better than Hans Zimmer for your soundtrack.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Vikings. Only show I watch nowadays. Always had problems sitting still long enough to watch an entire show without smoking a bunch of weed first or during. I watch movies in sections. I’m about to go rent Passengers,and I’ll probably take me 2 days to watch it.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Passengers was boring, IMO. That's the movie with Starlord, right?

We finished You. In spite of the men vs women agenda, I still recommend it. It was a good show. The main character, the stalker, is very likable, so much so that even the biggest feminist would probably agree. There was very little other propaganda. Not worth mentioning or giving away any of the story. And to my surprise, there was no hero non-white knight character. The more I think about it, the more I think of things I loved about it. Great show to watch with a girl. Even my wife sympathized with the "evil" man. But then she's smart and doesn't buy into propaganda popular today. She spots it sometimes before me!

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Yeah,I figured it was going to be boring. I backed out,and we ended up toy shopping at Walmart&Target. Target was the bast..Found&bought another Ian Malcolm 3.75” on the pegs with 20% off all Jurassic toys,and TONS of Clearance Linked 2 toys on super reduced clearance...singles for $2,2-packs for $3,deluxe figures for $6,and some smaller vehicles for $8,..no rogue one robots tho...did see a few Marvel Legends I liked for $10,but after paying $12 for 2-packs I feel that if I wait I can get an even better price.

Saw this crap at Target too!

Does hasbro fuck up everything they touch now? that’s gotta be some of the shitiest figures they’ve EVER made!! $8 too!

I’m going to watch the original 80’s Transformers cartoon movie with my son instead,lol. At least I know we’ll enjoy it.

Last edited:

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
Still haven’t seen it in its entirety. I’ve seen the beginning,and very end....Little pieces here and there. Yeah,it does fit better imo too,but I feel it’s because of the cgi familiar characters? The prequels seemed more futuristic then the original trilogy,and the sequels just suck so bad,and stick out as not belonging with anything...would’ve been horrible flops as stand alone movies without using the starwars name.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Watched the TWD mid-season premier. Was okay. It shows a little potential and a whole lot of same story, next chapter. Escaped Negan was pretty boring, I expected more than just lamenting the fall of the Sanctuary. Python Judith was ridonculous. That gun would rip that kid’s hand off. Still trying to find a character I really like lately. Right now, nobody I would miss if they died.

Started watching The Punisher recently as well. I’m up to episode 5. So far so good...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
For a show called and based on The Punisher, it just wasn't brutal enough. Or at least not frequently enough. Fortunately they didn't leave any cliffhangers considering its cancellation is imminent. Or was it already canceled and I missed it?