Shit you watch on TV

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I too started watching The Punisher this last week.. I think I'm on Ep 5 maybe. It's.. okay. Very slow, but way more brutal than any other Marvel Universe thing I've seen. My friend kept talking it up, so I am hoping it gets better/more exciting. I haven't seen any of the other Netflix shows, though I heard Daredevil was good?

Still plowing through Last Man Standing, somewhere in Season 3 now. It's dangerous because I could literally sit down and watch 10 episodes back to back to back if I let myself. I had to turn it off and put on Punisher so I could try and get through that show. LMS makes me laugh out loud every episode.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Oop, sorry ThunderDan19, I thought you were referring to S2.

NSA Daredevil was indeed good. I enjoyed all seasons. S2 had a lot of The Punisher. I suggest watching S1 ans 2 of DD, then S1 of Punisher, then S3 of DD ending with S2 of Punisher. Ironfist S1 and 2 were okay. Same can be said of Jessica Jones. Though I guess JJ wasn't good enough to make me want to see S2. I never watched Luke Cage. The character was pretty cool and likable in JJ, but there was no way I could watch whole seasons of his solo show with what I consider to be crap music.

We started watching Dexter about a month ago. Already up to nearly the end of season 4 within that timeframe! HastagNoKids! :troll:

Last edited:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Just basic DirectTV for us and Netflix. I'm seriously considering dropping the DVD part of Netflix, likely as soon as they follow through with their rumored price hike. It's not like you have to wait long any more for streaming content to catch up to the DVDs anyway. Probably the only thing I feel like I might be missing out on is the Jack Ryan series. But not so much that I'm ready to take on anything new for it.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, we don't have those anymore, unless you count that red vending machine down at the 7-eleven...

When Blockbuster disappeared, we picked up Netflix, originally primarily for the DVDs. Over time and as the kids have grown, our usage has moved from 90/10 DVD to 90/10 streaming. Never bothered with Redbox.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
For a show called and based on The Punisher, it just wasn't brutal enough. Or at least not frequently enough. Fortunately they didn't leave any cliffhangers considering its cancellation is imminent. Or was it already canceled and I missed it?
It’s definitely got some brutal. I like the character development, particularly Frank’s unit’s guys and Micro and his family. Pretty sure they don’t have the budget for too many brain splatters and such. I did just see a guy get bludgeoned with his own prosthetic leg and another couple guys stabbed to death. Seems plenty brutal to me.

I’ll have to go back to DD S2 like you said to pick up the TV origin. though it doesn’t seem critical to knowing what’s going on. They did a pretty good job flashing back to what set him off.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Anyway, I’m enjoying it thus far. Love the spook storyline (don’t know enough about the comic to know if that was always a part of the lore or not). Still anticipating seeing Frank fully decked out with tactical gear and the skull.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Pretty sure I've seen it in the channel guide and may have popped in to watch a little. I kinda felt like I was coming into the middle of it so didn't really watch it for long. Based on your endorsement, I might have to track it down on Netflix once I get done with Punisher and DD S2.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Wasn't that originally on Nat Geo or one of those?
Yeah, it was. I watched it when it first came on. I thought it was gone because it didn't come back on 2017 but then showed back up late last year. I don't recall what made me kick it off my scheduled recording list, but I did. Probably some SJW stuff that I just couldn't tolerate by the end of the season. ⬅ Pfft. What an intolerant pussy that guy.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I wasn't referring to season on!! :slap::shakefist:

Though, to be fair, I didn't think that S1 was brutal enough either. Or maybe not revengey-y enough. I don't know. I just didn't feel satisfied by the end.

Last edited:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
You, sir, have watched way too many Mel Gibson revenge movies... You’re not satisfied unless the baddies have been shot, burned, stabbed and run over with trucks until their blood and guts splatter all over the protagonist and cameras...
Seek help, my friend... :troll:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
And... just watched the other warehouse scene. Wow...

How exactly do you forget about that?

Eduardo, now I really am worried about you...

Just giving you crap, buddy... :p

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It's the fault of the Tom Jane Punisher. That was satisfactory revenge. The I Spit On Your Grave remake was also super satisfying in the revenge department.

Yes, the brutal scenes were brutal, I just wanted MORRRRE!!!

I wanted a show called Punisher about a guy who punishes to punish those deserving of punishment more frequently. Just, non-stop punishing. Did I use punish with every suffix possible? 😁

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
^^^That’s why we have John Wick.

So I got thru episode 4 of Mars last night and can see what Eddie was saying. It’s going full drama now and I can already see how it’s going to be used as a new society platform full of utopian ideals. Even so, the first 3 episodes are incredible viewing for any NASA nerd.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
^^^That’s why we have John Wick.

So I got thru episode 4 of Mars last night and can see what Eddie was saying. It’s going full drama now and I can already see how it’s going to be used as a new society platform full of utopian ideals. Even so, the first 3 episodes are incredible viewing for any NASA nerd.
Much like a lot of what see nowadays, the concept is very cool and compelling. The execution not so much.

You now have me wishing the people behind John Wick would do a Punisher film. *O-face*

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com