Shit you watch on TV

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Ended up watching the Oscars last night.. though I had no plans to. The wife recorded it and put it on while I was doing other stuff..

You know, it wasn't terrible. There were only a couple of stupid political "jokes", outside of the acceptance speeches.. which I won't fault the Oscars for their content. As usual, movies I like don't win.. but the music stuff was decent.

All in all it was one of the better ones in recent memory, I laughed a little. It's no where near how good they used to be back in the day.. but such is life.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Just finished the recent season of True Detective. I've seen bits and pieces of the other seasons, this one was pretty good, but seemed to run short. 6 or 7 episodes? The ending seemed to wrap up pretty cleanly and quickly....almost too much so.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Still plowing through Last Man Standing, somewhere in Season 3 now. It's dangerous because I could literally sit down and watch 10 episodes back to back to back if I let myself. I had to turn it off and put on Punisher so I could try and get through that show. LMS makes me laugh out loud every episode.
Something I don't think I've mentioned previously. If you get WGN, channel?, I recommend watching it there as opposed to on CMT. WGN shows the show in its entirety including the stinger at the end of the episode. CMT cuts bits out throughout the episode and snips off the stinger in favor of more commercials. We still find ourselves seeing parts we've never seen watching it on WGN.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
They should have struck that iron years ago, not while things are in decline.

Finished S2 of The Punisher last night. Pretty good conclusion. It had a lot of pieces that had to come together in that one episode and it did a good job tying it up. Overall, pretty good. Shame it'll be at least 2 years until Disney can reintroduce it and the other "cancelled" Marvel shows from Netflix on their soon to exist streaming platform. I'm optimistic it will happen though, as anywhere there is money to be had, Disney jumps on it.

Still gonna finish watching DD S2 to get the rest of the Punisher content out there.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Something I don't think I've mentioned previously. If you get WGN, channel?, I recommend watching it there as opposed to on CMT. WGN shows the show in its entirety including the stinger at the end of the episode. CMT cuts bits out throughout the episode and snips off the stinger in favor of more commercials. We still find ourselves seeing parts we've never seen watching it on WGN.
Interesting.. I have all the episodes recorded on my DVR now, but they're from a mix of sources so I see some from WGN some from CMT some from other channels.. I didn't realize there was a difference!

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Finished Daredevil S2 last night. Not bad, but I wish I had significant interest in the actual DD story, but I don't. I was never and still am not really a fan. I really liked The Punisher series much more, and he's much better in his own series. They even took the characters I liked best over. Meh, I can't really say there are any other Marvel/Netflix shows I want to see either. They all seem so... limited.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I did like the Kingpin's appearance in season 2. I just can't tolerate DD's whole "I'll beat them up until they relent" mantra. All that happens is that they keep coming back, and hurting other people in between. I prefer Frank's approach to evil people.