Shit you watch on TV

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Jack Ryan season 2 is live on Amazon Prime.. I think I'm maybe 4 or 5 episodes in? It's solid.. not amazing though. The first season heated up a lot in the last couple, so it could be the same here.

There is an insertion mission that is really cool looking/well done.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Finished Jack Ryan S02.. it was.. good, I guess. I think I liked the first season better. 8 episodes goes really fast, and it felt like almost all the action was at the end.

I guess they are already working on a 3rd season, so that's good. I'd like to see them work in some of the other Tom Clancy brands, Rainbow, Splinter Cell, GHOSTS.. think Amazon could do something cool with that if they had the rights.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
If it’s set in modern day I don’t really care if Zorro is a girl or boy but judging by what little info is in the article it sounds like they are serving Alpo but are convinced it’s steak.

Female Zorro totally original looks at Queen of Swords

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, I couldn’t care less what they do, it’s just amusing to watch the train chug along. I can’t wait until Marsha McFly and Doc travel back in time to the Wild West.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Finally finished Season 5 of Last Man Standing! It's been marinating a while, but finally found some time.

It's so good/funny! I guess the new season is premiering in January. Still amazed at some of the jokes they were allowed to pull off.. and all the toy tanks! Man if a show was ever made for this group.. this is it.

Reactions: ThunderDan19

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Catching up on Black Jesus, and half the damn cast is gone. Charlie Murphy died, so his character being out was going to be a given, but c'mon, man.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Started watching "The Witcher" a few days ago, just finished ep. 4 last night. Not bad, but the 4th episode felt off for some reason, maybe it's just me.

It's almost like a spin-off to GoT. I know Witcher is based on a comic, video game or some such, but I've never seen any of that. My only problem is, I don't understand why people in the show are so against Geralt and give him so much crap. The guy fights and kills monsters for a living, I would think you'd treat someone like that with a little more respect and/or fear, but people are constantly talking shit to him right to his face and little wimpy guys squaring up on him.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I started the first episode and the quality felt really off.. I wasn't really in the mood to dive in though so I'll probably give it another shot.

Witchers are like... I dunno, mutants in that universe. So normal people look down on them as some sort of mistake or mutation or whatever, which is why they're all rude to him. I only ever played Witcher 3, but it was pretty good.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
I had heard where they keep calling him a mutant, but dam it, the guy killed a giant spider swamp thing AND he seems willing and able to kill things other people are not.... I wouldn't fuck with him!

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I kept hearing how it’s the successor to GOT and plan on giving it a try once I catch up on The Expanse. Love The Expanse. Can’t believe I fell 3 seasons behind after watching the first just a year or two ago.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
4 seasons are up on Amazon. It’s as interesting as BSG to me with the same quality of cgi. Action really kicks up at the end of season 1 and carries thru season 2 so far.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
4 seasons are up on Amazon. It’s as interesting as BSG to me with the same quality of cgi. Action really kicks up at the end of season 1 and carries thru season 2 so far.
Thanks for the recommendation lol

Expanse-Donkey Balls.gif

I can vouch and say The Expanse is probably one of the best shows I've ever watched. I binged all 46 episodes in 5 days, and it was glorious (and FREE on Amazon!). It wasn't anything like I was expecting, it was so much better.

Season 1 was actually really good/different in my eyes, but each season had JUST the right amount of incremental advancement in plot/tech/story.

5/5, two thumbs up, highly recommended, where the hell is season 5.

Reactions: pcsguy88

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
You definitely sped up my watching of the final season as I plowed thru 5 episode last Friday to stay ahead.

The best way I can describe the show is the Firefly crew in a pre-Covenant Halo inspired universe with the filming/acting style of BSG. Sprinkle in some noir detective salt on season one and add a heaping spoonful of Stargate to season 4. It’s just so dang good and I’m amazed they were able to keep the details as consistent as they did.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I know right? I liked those shows too, but I'm already certain I'll likely never see anything exclusive to Apple, Amazon, CBS, HBO, Netflix or any other streaming service coming down the pike. We're down to Disney+, mainly because they're cheap and have all the Marvel and Disney content my kids need to veg out on, with more to come.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I know right? I liked those shows too, but I'm already certain I'll likely never see anything exclusive to Apple, Amazon, CBS, HBO, Netflix or any other streaming service coming down the pike. We're down to Disney+, mainly because they're cheap and have all the Marvel and Disney content my kids need to veg out on, with more to come.
You don’t have an Amazon account? How do you survive without same day delivery?!?

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I miss him every time it gets really quiet around here. Mr. Top Poster :thumbsup: always kept things from getting "a little too quiet" around here, usually with something to pique my interest and send me looking for more of it. Come home, Eduardo!!!

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Per comments I read here I started watching Das Boot it good so far.
I only get to watch it late at night so I have to ready to read the sub titles without falling asleep

Am I the only one who didn’t give a crap about WB Crisis ? Maybe it’s just trying to watch it when I have time & not really getting into it. So many cameos from characters who don’t show up later or really affect the story. We get it it’s a multiverse

Could have been cool if they all showed up in the end but I guess that to much like End Game.

Reactions: NSA

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
So there was a new show on this past week called "Council of Dads" or something. It looked like maybe it was interesting so I DVR'd it (to add to the shit I haven't watched yet).

Was bored today and so I tossed it on, it was the pilot so I'd see if it was worth it or not.

Uh spoilers for the first episode ahead (though spoiler, I don't recommend it).

Starts off fine enough, guy has a family, wife, 4 kids. Oh, 1 of the kids is an adult from a previous relationship, this kid if half Haitian/half white, okay. Oh, 1 of the kids is an adopted girl from China. 1 of the kids is an angsty white teen boy. Oh, the 4th kid is a 9 year old boy.

The dad ends up getting cancer and dying, and the premise of the show is he picks 3 guys to "fill in" for him after his death. The premise is okay I guess.

1 of the Dads is some chef guy, seemed normal enough. 1 of the Dads is a gay black doctor. 1 of the Dads is an older white former drunk guy.

Okay... I guess.

There is scene where the cancer dying dad is talking to the Chiner daughter and says something like "Don't Vape! Be like RBG! You know, ruth bader ginsberg. RBG! RBG! RBG!" I swear that's verbatim, super cringeworthy.

Surprised! The wife is pregnant with another kid! Baby is born! Surprise! The dad dies. Kind of sad, but it all happens so fast it doesn't really hit you. So now the "Council of Dads" aka the 3 dads from earlier are now called upon to do shit around the house and change diapers and.. stuff. It's kind of like 3 men and a baby but not funny.

Oh, at the end, they're having a funeral and the crazy grandma brings the 9 year old out in a dress. wtf is this shit now. The mom gets all mad, says she needs to stop her crazy ways and JJ is a BOY GOD DAMN IT. Okay at least some sense in this sho.. oh what? Someone says just because JJ was born a girl, she's a boy now. Oh fuck this shit, a 9 year old transgender kid? I'm out.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I watched a show on Netflix "Outer Banks". It's S1 right now, 10 episodes.

It's billed as a teenager Goonies or something, and.. kind of. It's more like the Goonies, if it was on the CW Network.

I... liked it... but felt it could have been a lot better. Could have used more of the mystery stuff personally.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Things I didn’t think i’d Say today.

I am watching competitive mini golf where they are lighting people on fire 🔥 while playing mini golf.
Rob Riggle is a national treasure. Holey Moley is the best show on network television and it’s not even close.

The new Transformers cartoon on Netflix is pretty good. Definitely geared towards adults.