Shit you watch on TV

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Now that my kids are back in school, I have had to quarantine from my office, lest I risk exposing my parents to any kung-flu the kids might bring home. The plan was for me to work from home, but last week, we decided that it would be better if I take up residence down the street in one of our other office buildings.

So here I sit in our old main location, right where my grandfather's desk used to be. It's eerily quiet, no customers, no ringing phones, no one else in the office. So I started playing the TV just for background noise, and I chose Bob's Burgers because it was alphabetically at the top of the media server. I'd never watched it before, as I dismissed it as weird and uninteresting when it first debuted. But as they approach season 11, I decided that there must be something worthwhile to it for it to have survived this long. I'm almost as the end of season 2, and it's pretty damn funny, especially Bob's two youngest children. No, it's not groundbreaking or going to set the media world on fire, but it's a solid comedy. I'm enjoying it far more than I expected.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Now that my kids are back in school, I have had to quarantine from my office, lest I risk exposing my parents to any kung-flu the kids might bring home. The plan was for me to work from home, but last week, we decided that it would be better if I take up residence down the street in one of our other office buildings.

So here I sit in our old main location, right where my grandfather's desk used to be. It's eerily quiet, no customers, no ringing phones, no one else in the office. So I started playing the TV just for background noise, and I chose Bob's Burgers because it was alphabetically at the top of the media server. I'd never watched it before, as I dismissed it as weird and uninteresting when it first debuted. But as they approach season 11, I decided that there must be something worthwhile to it for it to have survived this long. I'm almost as the end of season 2, and it's pretty damn funny, especially Bob's two youngest children. No, it's not groundbreaking or going to set the media world on fire, but it's a solid comedy. I'm enjoying it far more than I expected.

I avoided it for the same reasons you did.. maybe I'll have to give it a shot after all. Never understood how it lasted so long.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Exactly. I'd never seen an episode in my life and had no real desire to. But for some reason I downloaded it and I'm really enjoying it. Those two youngest kids... they're pure sarcasm and chaos. While the Simpson's children occasionally show remorse or empathy, Gene and Louise are unapologetic and border on sociopathic... in a funny way. When something goes bad, you can count on them making it much worse in the most comedic fashion.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Watched THE BOYS first 3 episodes of season 3.. pretty good. Not quite at the season 1 level.. but pretty good. Interested to see where it goes. I guess it got green-lit for season 3 already so that's good.

Also got the wife to watch Cobra Kai.. 2 seasons are now on Netflix. It was fun doing a re-watch, and the wife was hooked, she made me binge almost all of season 2 in a night. Can't wait for season 3. If I had to describe it.. I would say it achieved what the Star Wars sequel trilogy was going for. It gives you want you want, it gives you new stuff, and it subverts your expectations.. while making everyone happy at the same time. It's so good!

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Anyone else watch Schitts Creek?

I tried to start it years ago and couldn't get into it, but the wife and I tried again last month and we've been hooked. We're almost done with the 6th (and final?) season.. it's really funny.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I just obtained schitts creek a couple of weeks ago for the wife. She was curious after it won all those awards. But we haven't watched it yet.

Political/virus coverage has eaten up a lot of my TV time this year. I need to catch up on the final season of Ray Donovan, Jack Ryan, Handmaid's Tale, Sex Education, Mandolorian, netflix Punisher, the third season of Stranger Things, and mutable seasons of TWD. Plus I want to re-watch Justified because it's so damn good.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
It's really interesting how they switch aspect ratios depending on where you're viewing...

On Earth or planets, it's more cinematic, and in space, you see more (smaller black bars). I noticed it last season when stuff on the Exoplanet was filmed like a movie, and the space stuff was filmed like a show. It's interesting. Makes the planet stuff feel more spacious I guess, and the space stuff feel more claustrophobic I suppose.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Anybody watch Masters of the Universe Revelations?

Yes Heman isn’t in it as much as you’d expect, but generally thought that was ok.

While it’s NOT a direct continuation of any MoTU series. It’s getting a lot of bad press because it was advertised as such.

While once Heman is out of the story it feels natural to follow Telia’s story. That being said I am afraid they are going to do the Hollywood thing and make her a lesbian because Hollywood can’t handle/doesn’t actually know what a real woman is.

it’s really just the first half of the season & there is plenty of reason to expect He man will return to the story in a expected way. I think they just wanted to start off with something unexpected.

Sgt301

Oct 20, 2018
He Man was long after my generation. I watched very little tv growing up and almost none in adult life before I retired. Since retirement I usually go to check on my parents every night and watch Wheeo of Fortune, Jeopardy and sometimes shows like American Pickers, Alone or Mountain Men.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Anybody watch Masters of the Universe Revelations?

Yes Heman isn’t in it as much as you’d expect, but generally thought that was ok.

While it’s NOT a direct continuation of any MoTU series. It’s getting a lot of bad press because it was advertised as such.

While once Heman is out of the story it feels natural to follow Telia’s story. That being said I am afraid they are going to do the Hollywood thing and make her a lesbian because Hollywood can’t handle/doesn’t actually know what a real woman is.

it’s really just the first half of the season & there is plenty of reason to expect He man will return to the story in a expected way. I think they just wanted to start off with something unexpected.
I thought the show was extremely well done, but I never liked HeMan in the 80’s. It does suck that they said it was a HeMan show and then turned it into SheRa even though Netflix already rebooted SheRa. The one thing that bothered me was the way Teela went off on the king and queen like a selfish, entitled cunt just after they learned their son was dead. I also found it funny that the girls were saved by men several times in the first few episodes, one time Tesla even gave a pissed off look as her ass was saved from taking a blow.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Watched Marvel's What If? first episode the other night. I have to say, not bad. Not bad at all. It was a twist on CA: The First Avenger. I thought the storyline was solid and the animation was very good. All in all, my daughter and I both really enjoyed it!

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Haven't seen the series yet, but I always enjoyed What If comics back in the day. Marvel has had mutable What If series over the decades, and they were some of the wackiest comics ever. But mostly they were stories that were really fun, yet self-contained such that it was over in a single issue. But they typically asked a question that you had wondered in your mind already if you were a regular Marvel reader, and so it was fun to see it answered in an official, yet non-canonical way.

Reactions: ThunderDan19

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I just discovered this weekend that Star Blazers 2199 existed and finally watched a few episodes last night. Holy hell did my heart sing. Star Blazers (Space Battleship Yamato) was my very favorite cartoon as a kid on the West coast, but when I moved to the Midwest, nobody knew what the hell it was until my best friend moved from the East coast. This 2199 remake is absolutely perfect. Almost a scene by scene copy upgraded to HD with the adult elements (always drunk doctor) that had been stripped out for the US added back in. Voices are obviously different and names come from the original Japanese Yamato version, but after a nearly 40yr gap, it’s not like I remember much anyways. They story is still better than most anime since it was written for adult Japanese men in the ‘70’s.

If you have no idea what I am talking about, go download Funimation and watch it for free. Fire the Wave Motion gun!!!

1629203484163.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Videoviper

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
If you get the change you should check out the live action movie, visual style is taken right off of Battlestar Galactica 2000 series. Last I check no english dubs all subtitled but still very awesome.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA