Shit you watch on TV

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Now that my kids are back in school, I have had to quarantine from my office, lest I risk exposing my parents to any kung-flu the kids might bring home. The plan was for me to work from home, but last week, we decided that it would be better if I take up residence down the street in one of our other office buildings.

So here I sit in our old main location, right where my grandfather's desk used to be. It's eerily quiet, no customers, no ringing phones, no one else in the office. So I started playing the TV just for background noise, and I chose Bob's Burgers because it was alphabetically at the top of the media server. I'd never watched it before, as I dismissed it as weird and uninteresting when it first debuted. But as they approach season 11, I decided that there must be something worthwhile to it for it to have survived this long. I'm almost as the end of season 2, and it's pretty damn funny, especially Bob's two youngest children. No, it's not groundbreaking or going to set the media world on fire, but it's a solid comedy. I'm enjoying it far more than I expected.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Now that my kids are back in school, I have had to quarantine from my office, lest I risk exposing my parents to any kung-flu the kids might bring home. The plan was for me to work from home, but last week, we decided that it would be better if I take up residence down the street in one of our other office buildings.

So here I sit in our old main location, right where my grandfather's desk used to be. It's eerily quiet, no customers, no ringing phones, no one else in the office. So I started playing the TV just for background noise, and I chose Bob's Burgers because it was alphabetically at the top of the media server. I'd never watched it before, as I dismissed it as weird and uninteresting when it first debuted. But as they approach season 11, I decided that there must be something worthwhile to it for it to have survived this long. I'm almost as the end of season 2, and it's pretty damn funny, especially Bob's two youngest children. No, it's not groundbreaking or going to set the media world on fire, but it's a solid comedy. I'm enjoying it far more than I expected.
I avoided it for the same reasons you did.. maybe I'll have to give it a shot after all. Never understood how it lasted so long.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Exactly. I'd never seen an episode in my life and had no real desire to. But for some reason I downloaded it and I'm really enjoying it. Those two youngest kids... they're pure sarcasm and chaos. While the Simpson's children occasionally show remorse or empathy, Gene and Louise are unapologetic and border on sociopathic... in a funny way. When something goes bad, you can count on them making it much worse in the most comedic fashion.