Shit you watch on TV

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Strange Supreme I think they're calling him.. could be.. Marvel has teased a bunch of things and then did a 180° so we'll see. It would make sense though.

Book of Fett was good! Not amazing, but it was good, kept in line with Mandalorian, still love the OT+ timeline, really hope they just retcon the sequel movies and have an on-going Saga of OT+. The only real issue is Luke/Han/Leia, but if they can use them CGI sparingly.. it could work, for years.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Looks like the big bad from Dr. Strange 2 will be Strange Supreme based on the end credit trailer of Spidey 3.

Reactions: NSA

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Looks like the big bad from Dr. Strange 2 will be Strange Supreme based on the end credit trailer of Spidey 3.

Or ITSATWIST.. he was eventually kinda sorta good in What If.. so who knows if he's really the bad guy, or if its misdirection, or MIS MIS direction and you think he's the bad guy but then he's a good guy but then he's REALLY the bad guy!

Reactions: ThunderDan19

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Media Server Phase 1 - Cartoons: COMPLETE

These are all nephew-friendly and doesn't include animation aimed at grown ups, e.g. Simpsons and South Park.

What classics and must-haves am I missing?!?

toon media_sm.jpg

Last edited:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I remember watching a Hulk cartoon after Spidey & Friends also narrated by the late, great Stan Lee. I also remember watching The Littles (action figure sized creatures). Also, The Real Ghostbusters. And then there’s Voltron (nephew friendly?).

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I remember The Littles! I watched it a lot, but my memory of it is really fuzzy. Was it actually good?

You know, I never saw an episode of Voltron as a kid. It didn't come on any channel we got. I knew it existed (probably from the Sears catalog), something about robot lions forming like Devastator, but that was the absolute extent of it.

My son got all into the modern netflix Voltron a few years ago, but somehow those japanese toons like Voltron, Robotech, Speed Racer, and Battle of the Planets simply never crossed my path. A lot of people our age remember those fondly, but they register a hard zero on my nostalgia meter, mostly from lack of exposure back in the day.

I've toyed with adding Snorks, Smurfs, Gummy Bears, ShirtTales, and other Hanna Barbera stuff, but they'll probably be low on the list of things I'm obtaining for the server.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I liked The Littles, but not as much as Ghostbusters, Spidey. X-Men and Hulk. My exposure to Voltron was limited, but I enjoyed it. It, however, did what few cartoons did, and showed casualties, lots of them.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Spidey was great, but Hulk was a character I never liked much for some reason. I struggled to appreciate the no-brains-all-brawn character.

90's X-Men toon was good, but I was sooooooo deep in the comics by then, I was pretty put-off in the ways the toon differed. I loved X-Men comics because the Claremont era had such mature storytelling compared to comics I'd read previously, but that inherently made the toon feel "kiddie" and it pissed off my nearly-adult teen self. Had it been my only exposure to the X-Men, no doubt I'd have loved it back then.

Ghostbusters... I don't think I watched it much. I saw the movies, and I remember there were mutable cartoons, some of which had NOTHING to do with the movies, as if they were just using some kind of trademark loophole. And the toon that did follow the movie characters was heavily focused on Slimer, whom I held in great disdain. But anytime I see lists of best 80's cartoons, GB is almost always on it behind Joe, TF, He-Man, and Thundercats.

I know I'm missing MASK, but I can't seem to find it. I own the DVDs, but they're in storage, and obtaining them elsewhere seems easier than finding my discs. Yet they're eluding me. I may have to dig through a storage unit or two...

I also can't find Richie Rich, a silly guilty pleasure I enjoyed as a kid. That toon was stupid fun. It's not available on dvd, and I bought the whole series digitally from amazon for like a dollar, but getting it onto the server would be easier if it was out in the ether.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I do recall Richie Rich, but I wouldn’t say I had much love for him. As I recall with TRG, there was a season or two that didn’t focus much on Slimer, but then at some point the brass demanded more focus on him. I remember them having some pretty smart storylines at times before the big shift of focus. There’s a good video on the history of it that I saw recently on the Toy Galaxy channel on YouTube.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I love Toy Galaxy. I'll check out what Dan has to say, maybe pick up the competent half of the series!

Richie Rich was dumb, but probably no dumber than most Hanna Barbera cartoons. His robot maid, Irona, was cool, and I mostly liked imagining I was rich.

Silver Spoons was great for that too. I wanted a train in my house! SS came on right before Buck Rogers, so I used to get an Erin Gray two-fer. She was hot back in the day!

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Voltron was awesome even if every episode was exactly the same.
Slave gets turned into robeast
It beats up lions
Merge for voltron
voltron -form blazing sword fights over.

Sunday didn’t show many cartoons but all the Hana Barbara cartoons where on USA.

Sadly most cartoons didn’t age well so I tend to be hesitant about shows & movies I liked as a kid.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I love Toy Galaxy. I'll check out what Dan has to say, maybe pick up the competent half of the series!

Richie Rich was dumb, but probably no dumber than most Hanna Barbera cartoons. His robot maid, Irona, was cool, and I mostly liked imagining I was rich.

Silver Spoons was great for that too. I wanted a train in my house! SS came on right before Buck Rogers, so I used to get an Erin Gray two-fer. She was hot back in the day!
Yes! Love that guy and his smarmy shtick.

And yes! Erin Gray was serious eye candy back in the day! She was truly one of the most naturally beautiful women of her time. And in that Buck Rogers uniform with a laser pistol, wow!!!

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Anyone watching the Expanse? It's in its final season now but it's pretty good.

Cobra Kai season 4 dropped today, we binged it in one sitting.. it's good! Nothing amazing, but it's fun and tugs on the nostalgia strings.