Shootings - A thread 🔫

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Sounds like he was after employees. Bet he was fired or bounced from the place before.

"He fired the first shot. I knew it was live. I knew it was real. My son thought it was a joke so I pulled him down and got some cover. I looked up and he was moving to the right. He shot the front doorman, who was just a young man. Then he shot the cashier, just a young girl.

"Then he started moving to the right. He wasn't looking at us. Then he went into the office, where all the cash and stuff is. He didn't say anything at all. He just started shooting," he said.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
29, ex-Marine, used a .45 Glock-21 with an extended mag (probably a standard mag, but 10 round limit is CA legal).

Ian David Long.. lives in Newbury Park (where I work, and am right now). Probably had PTSD. Haven't seen the link as to the how & why of choosing Borderline yet. It is kind of a random target to hit if he didn't know someone there.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I always feel like these types of things degenerate into digging into the shooter and motives and etc and the victims get glossed over.

Cody Coffman

"We just got word that my son was one of the those who were killed. This was my first-born son," Cody's father Jason said in an emotional interview.

Cody leaves behind three little brothers. He also has a little sister on the way.

"He was so excited to have his first sister, and now she'll never know," his father said.

Jason said Cody dreamed of serving his country and was talking to recruiters about joining the Army.

"I am speechless and heartbroken," his father said. "My life has changed forever."

Sgt. Ron Helus

Ventura County Sgt. Ron Helus was a 54-year-old father who lived in Moorpark, California. Helus, who had served on the force for 29 years, was responding to the shooting when he was shot. He died at the hospital.

"Ron was a hard working, dedicated sheriff's sergeant," Ventura County Sheriff Geoff Dean said of Helus, who was a friend. "He was totally committed. He gave his all. And tonight, as I told his wife, he died a hero."

https://6abc.com/thousand-oaks-shooting-remembering-the-victims/4646671/

Fuck.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
So turns out the fatal shot for the Sheriff officer in the Borderline shootings was fired by the Highway Patrolman. He had an AR rifle that penetrated the Sheriff's vest and hit him in the heart.

The shooter hit the Sheriff 5 times, but those were not fatal hits.

Sucks. That officer must feel terrible.. heat of battle and all that.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Read his manifesto, he's trying to stir shit world-wide. There's also an Australian senator about to lose his job over some hard truth-telling.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I read that Aussie memo he put out.. lol not the time or place pal, not entirely wrong of course, but use your brain.

And yeah, this guy does seem like an uber troll, putting just the right amount of crap in there to tick all the boxes.

Still doesn't sit right to see what they did. Now I see 4 people were arrested?

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
We need some senators like that guy.

Ewok has been using his magic fingers all day combing the web and even dipping into the dark web and has come up empty handed trying to get a copy of the video. Apparently the FBI is going hard at anyone who posts it.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Honestly, if you've played first person military games, it looked EXACTLY like that. People are claiming "so bloody", but I didn't see much if any.

Neon gives a nice breakdown.

The first large portion of the video is him driving with a car full of guns, gasoline, and playing "meme" music.

He parks in a side alley, takes a rifle and a shotgun with him. He leaves his trunk open, with weapons exposed..

Shooter walks up to the mosque. The one he's carrying is a shotgun. He opens fire on the men at the door, who don't seem to realize what's going on.

One seems to die or is downed quickly.

The other tries to crawl away straight down the hall.

The shooter drops something. At first I thought it was a grenade, but nothing went off, so I'm not sure what he dropped. Might have just been a mag.

He switches to a rifle with some kind of disorienting strobe light attachment on the end. He kills the man who is crawling away from him.

He turns, shoots down two adjacent rooms, and then continues into the main prayer hall.

He opens fire on a crowd huddled in the corner, after scanning both sides.

After he's "done" firing into the crowd, one man tried to tackle him from behind, but the gunman pivots and, honestly, I think shoots him in the head.

He goes back down the hall he was in, switches mags in the rifle, drops a mag on the floor, and then re-enters the prayer room; this time shooting at the people huddled in the opposite corner to his left, and then again, to the right, emptying the mag.

He reloads and repeats.

When he's done, he enters the hall from which he came, again, picking up the mag he dropped before to reload his rifle once more, and exits the mosque.

He walks through the parking lot, and out onto the sidewalk, opening fire in both directions (my guess, at people fleeing the scene).

He goes back to his open car, where music from Nazi videos that have been posted on /pol/ is now playing, though it's not clear if it's coming from the car itself, or a device the shooter is wearing, as it "follows" him as he runs back down the streets with fresh weapons and opens fire once more on the far side of the mosque's parking lot.

He comments, "Look like we won't get the bird today boys." I can't tell from the footage, but , but he must be talking about some woman fleeing the scene.

Music is still playing as he re-enters the mosque and starts shooting the bodies, checking for wounded among the dead on both sides.

He runs back out.

Starts shooting at people walking towards the mosque.

After he shoots a woman on the sidewalk, the song, "Fire" by Arthur Brown starts playing.

He takes off in his car, and runs over(?) the woman he just executed on the sidewalk.

When he starts driving away, he says, "Did not go as planned," laughing.

At one point he stops driving, though he doesn't exit the car. I don't know what he's seen, but he starts shooting through his own windshield at something to his left.

He takes off again.

Shoots again.

Takes off again.

Stops and shoots through the passenger window to his left.

(At this point, he might just be patrolling the neighborhood for Muslims who heard the shooting and ran away).

He's driving very fast; clearly, adrenaline taking over.

Has to stop at a crosswalk; beeps at the passersby.

He then says some stuff, but honestly, I can't decipher it between his accent, the music, and the sound of the engine.

Says, "I went out too quickly. I should have stayed longer. There was time for the fuel. Really wanted to burn that f*cking mosque down... But sh*t happens. I left one full magazine back there I know for sure; possibly more. I had to run along in the middle of the firefight, and pick up the mag that fell out pretty much f*ckin' instantly. There wasn't even time to aim at so many targets. And there were so many people, that the carpark was full."

Song switches to another "meme" song at this point - Deja Vu by Initial D.

"So there's no real chance-

He drifts off as he hears sirens... and then accelerates away.

More sirens, and he remarks, saying something I can't quite make out.

"One of them survived. Unintelligible - they all ran quickly. Unintelligible were scared. The women weren't in yet." And then he says something about the men arriving a few minutes earlier.

And he takes off speeding again.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I saw no weapon that would utilize this ammo.

Yeah, I could see belted ammunition in an improvised bomb, but otherwise I've got nothing. He was planning for two years, why walk in with that and no gun for it? Surely he wasn't planning to delink and use it on-site.
Perhaps belted ammunition is enough of an optics trigger to fit in with his overall plan?

PROVOST

Colonel in Chief
Officer Club
Jun 28, 2011
Terra Australis
There's also an Australian senator about to lose his job over some hard truth-telling.
The Senator you refer to is there owing to really messed up voting recount system where less than 100 people voted for him.

How he got his senatorship - someone else was disqualified cause they had the right to foreign dual national citzenship and he was next on the preferences deal for votes.

Supposed truth telling got nada to do with his soon to be no longer senator status.

Last edited:

PROVOST

Colonel in Chief
Officer Club
Jun 28, 2011
Terra Australis
There is a muslims promising revenge.

A promise the jihadi's will keep for sure,the time for any of the trucks into citizens or other forms of terror is not over by a long shot.

Like the "War on Drugs" this "War on Terror" it's a misuse of the world.

Endless struggle is more apt.

Honestly, if you've played first person military games, it looked EXACTLY like that. People are claiming "so bloody", but I didn't see much if any.

Neon gives a nice breakdown.

Yeah I watched it.

Seen worse in a COD video or in a hollywood movie.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The Senator you refer to is there owing to really messed up voting recount system where less than 100 people voted for him.

How he got his senatorship - someone else was disqualified cause they had the right to foreign dual national citzenship and he was next on the preferences deal for votes.

Supposed truth telling got nada to do with his soon to be no longer senator status.
Ah, I see. I hear he got hit with an egg, then popped the dude in the mouth, so he probably is done.

PROVOST

Colonel in Chief
Officer Club
Jun 28, 2011
Terra Australis
Yeah,for some perspective this guy was rejected out of another minor party here called " One Nation" and they have their fair share of ones who have been booted from politics for low intellect shit.

One was a dual citizen and a real loony.

On the slapping the egger - yeah he might find he committed common assault also and be charged.

Politics is bad enough let alone having fools who are not able to even be competent adults in a non political life inside it.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
That's around 8:57-9:00 in the video. It does look odd, but you can see brass hitting the sidewalk. Not sure why the brass hitting the column are "disappearing".

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
You guys are completely ignoring the fact he was using a shitty cellphone (definitely not a top end camera from the past 4yrs) that was streaming on the cell network (anyone know how advanced New Zealand’s network is where he was?) and it is being compressed on the fly by whatever FB uses for live streams. Artifacts, low FPS, compressed audio, etc. Can’t compare it to a recorded video. The low FPS and compression artifacts is 100% why the shell casing vanished as it is moving fast, it’s small and as it gets close to the wall the sun on the brass makes it almost the same color so the software just fills it in with the dominant white background.

You can see this same shit watching the NFL on a fast pass when the ball seems to blink in and out of existence and that is using the best 1080p broadcast cameras. The cable/satellite companies compression and the refresh rate on your tv causes it.