Shootings - A thread

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Sounds like Gun City shipped them back to the suppliers. The immediate reclassification of semi’s to class E made it where only 1200’ish people were allowed to own or purchase them until the ban goes into effect to stop a run on them. If those 1200 people did actually buy them up, it is easily traceable and they will be made felons when the total ban goes into effect in early April.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
So, are they fully registered down there? Like the authorities have full documentation of who owns what?
No. They are actually less registered per firearm than AUS was in 1996, but if new guns disappear off dealer’s shelves and only 1200’ish citizens/dealers are licensed to buy them, can’t be too hard to track down.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Oh, so we are talking about sold-since-the-ban guns. Yeah, that would definitely be dumb. I could definitely see people burying (losing in a fishing accident or fire) their long legally owned and suddenly illegal and banned guns though.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
The government here can't even reliably track down felons who bought guns when they weren't supposed to.

I put their success rate at tracking down guns en masse at about 0.001%.

If they were smart they'd just take more China loans and offer 2x market value for people to turn in their guns. The only thing US people like more than guns is money.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
So the run on the gun shops was between the shooting and the reclassification of semis to E.
Guess so.

Instead of rushing to turn in their guns in the aftermath of the double mosque attacks in Christchurch, reports from New Zealand indicate that many of the island nation’s citizens are actually rushing to gun stores in the anticipation of a ban that might be coming from Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern, according to Stuff, a New Zealand news organ.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
#2.. I still can't believe RIFLES are the target of every anti-gun person, yes, they're used in a couple high profile crimes, but the vast majority of violence is with handguns, and yet they always get off scott free?
Fun fact: They actually wanted handguns included in the NFA.

Rifles are naturally a far more efficient battle implement, so they get the attention from grabbers. Have no doubt they'll get around to pistols eventually.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, but this isn't about crime or suicide prevention. They don't really give a fuck if you suck-start a Sig or if Tyrone goes blastin' J'Marquavius with a "Glock Fo-Tay" for reppin' a different set. What they do care about the plebs getting uppity, and spouting about "accountability" and whatever other quaint notions they think still matter.

Pick up that can, peasant.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, I think we all know this, but gun control is never about reducing crime. It's about controlling the population, particularly when gubment mandates things that are unpopular (like removal of natural rights).

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Interdasting theory, particularly if you believe there are no coincidences. I really doubt the DOJ would just let known criminals escape to NZ though. Sure, it's far away, but we could cause them all kinds of issues if they don't cooperate and instead harbor serious criminals and traitors. And, there will still be lots of guns around if criminal elites are headed there in the near future. Perhaps they are truly desperate, but, if this is their escape plan, I don't think they've thought it through. They'd be better off going the Nazi route and try to disappear in South America.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

PROVOST

Colonel in Chief
Officer Club
Jun 28, 2011
Terra Australis
England Vs UK ?

Same thing.

NZ is it's own soverign nation but is part of the Commonwealth but so is Canada and AUS however this does not make it part of the United Kingdom aka England.

The "Five Eyes" intelligence apparatus contains USA,Canada, UK,NZ and AUS and is one of the major intelligence collaborations that the West relies on.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
The whole Queen of England still being the head of state for Canada, NZ and Australia is very strange for us. While we understand it's pretty much just symbolic (as it is in the UK really at this point), we just wonder what actually is the point of it? Why not just toss that off the way we did (well, not the way we did :p), but why keep it? It kind of has that ruling elite/ruling family/invisible hand vibe... Who's really in charge and all that.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
UK and England are very different. That’s like saying Russia and the USSR are the same thing, but yeah, Americans tend to lump it all together since our states make our country. Hell, most Americans do not even know we have sovereign nations within our 48 contiguous states.

I think they reason we do not understand the Commonwealth is simple:
C08ED4E8-5EEA-41EC-B605-0A649C3D50DD.jpeg

PROVOST

Colonel in Chief
Officer Club
Jun 28, 2011
Terra Australis
United Kingdom is the legal name of the Govt of England as a nation.

In 1776 it was Great Britian not England.

Like how America and USA are used to describe the same place but one refers to a geographical location and the other being the legal framework name of that country's govt.

As to what other nations do or do not do as regards their governmental structure I am confused as to why Yanks care at all.

You have your thing and want no one to tell you how to do it so why would it matter to anyone else what Yanks think of it.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Don't misunderstand. We aren't trying to tell anybody how to do their thing. We're just trying to understand what it is they are doing and why. We're generally an inquisitive, freedom loving lot.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
England is a country. Northern Ireland is a country. Wales is a country. Scotland is a country. Combine the 4 countries and you get a UK. Add more countries and you get a Commonwealth.

United States of America is a country. When we add other countries they are just territories that may or may not want to become states, but are independently governed like your Commonwealth.

It’s the country terminology that makes the UK equivalent to the old USSR since Russia, Ukraine and all the Stan’s were countries inside a larger union. Now we have the EU thing, but nobody says they are traveling to the EU, they say they are flying to an individual country inside of it. Do Australians say they are flying to the US or to Nebraska?