Show Your Whip....What you ride in.

Lunchbox

No Bucks No Buck Rogers
Mar 14, 2011
Kansas
What: 1991 Pontiac Firebird
Name: Black Betty
Alias: Redneck Batmobile & The Rooster, yes like the Alice in Chains song
How: Army buddy moved back east after he got out and left her to me.
Why: Why not? It's B.A.

Last edited:

Mandingo Rex

★★★★★
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Gone Baby, Gone
My buddy had the same car in high school, except his was a total piece of shit. He did the best he could with it, but it was awful. Something constantly falling off, and only one headlight raised up (still lit up, just wouldn't open). It was a color we jokingly referred to as "fog" colored, and it ends up that he totaled it when someone hit him, no joke, in the fog.

Lunchbox

No Bucks No Buck Rogers
Mar 14, 2011
Kansas
i rebuilt the headlights a few years ago and added metal ball bearings to the opening mechanism because they were originally built with plastic that disintegrated over time. she has her hick ups every once in a while but nothing i can't fix. it pays to be a gear head also:D

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011

Except mine isn't nearly as nice.

I'd probably drive it more if i could get the overheating issue tackled.

Mar 16, 2011
I drive a frickin soccer mom car so I am not going to bother posting that thing.

PCS, nice FJ. The black wheels look great on that. Still trying to convince the wife to get rid of the kid hauler and find a nice used TRD FJ. It'll never happen but I can wish.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Lego, we've had the FJ for over 2yrs and still fight over it like teenagers. I have never had a car that I love 2yrs into it as much as the day I bought it. The inside is designed to be hosed out and has yet to succomb to the torture of my kid. Just a great truck. Really shitty gas mileage with those tires, but the new less aggressive ones help ease that pain. The suicide doors can be a pain while unloading kids in a tight space, but o'well.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
crap, i gotta dig pics out...AGAIN! :D

still love that bike pic of you CS...looks so eeeeevil

I was really hoping that Toyota would have given Hasbro the okay to make an Alternators Trailbreaker. That FJ Cruiser is perfect for a modern Trailbreaker.
normally, i'd disagree with anything Toyota, but you make a really good point...that FJ would indeed make a really good Tb...incidentally, Tb was my very first TF

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
I love your Ranger, Firefly, as I used to drive one just like it. I traded it in back in summer 2008 for a Nissan Titan.

The reason? They were selling Titans for the same price as Frontiers due to the crazy gas prices.

Basically scored a 26,000 dollar truck for just over 15K.

Yeah, I couldn't walk away from it.

It's fire engine red, and a true joy to drive.

Firefly76

For the Emperor!
Mar 27, 2011
Black Mountain N.C.
I love your Ranger, Firefly, as I used to drive one just like it. I traded it in back in summer 2008 for a Nissan Titan.

The reason? They were selling Titans for the same price as Frontiers due to the crazy gas prices.

Basically scored a 26,000 dollar truck for just over 15K.

Yeah, I couldn't walk away from it.

It's fire engine red, and a true joy to drive.
Thanks. It's been a good truck. No complaints.

Bravestarr

Molon Labe!
Founder
Mar 15, 2011
I actually didn't want to get rid of the Ranger, but that poor thing was on it's last leg. Kept leaking all kinds of fluids, and I was worried the transmission would eventually die on it.

Rick

Enlisted
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The discovery was a sweet ride, beefed it up along the way by a guy who raced them. It's on moth balls now until I can restore it. I put 227,000 hard miles with a good amount of off road before I blew the tranny.

The Crew Max Tundra was a luxury until I took my eyes off the road and totaled it, almost killing my family.

Now I have a Technical. Once the war starts I figure it would be easy to customize. :rolleyes:

Also have a new 2008 Honda Accord that the wife drives, but you see those all da time.

Hey Firefly where can I get a Cobra decal that large?

Attachments

Mar 14, 2011
"A GENTLEMAN DOES NOT GO MOTORING ABOUT AT NIGHT" Sir Lucas. president of lucas electrics . I have that t shirt. I used to be a die hard Jaguar man. I loved british cars but my money clip didnt.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
There's my Vulva down in this picture. This was a stop before leaving Utah today and I got sandblasted for at least 80 miles. Not stoked.

A better view of heading into the Rockies:

This was I80 on the way to Salt Lake City today. I'm still tense. That's all sand.

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
There's my Vulva down in this picture. This was a stop before leaving Utah today and I got sandblasted for at least 80 miles. Not stoked.

A better view of heading into the Rockies:

This was I80 on the way to Salt Lake City today. I'm still tense. That's all sand.

Talk about some white knuckle riding. Take it easy and hope you (eventually) get to enjoy the trip!

Last edited: