Show Your Whip....What you ride in.

WVMojo

Mocha Viper
Jul 20, 2011
WV / DC
Ha. But I listen to stuff more like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCeRWaIh5Hw

And I have a subwoofer and some speaker cabs in the back. My original plan was to buy a coffin and gut it out to make a super sub by cutting holes on the sides and putting in 6 14" subs but I haven't gotten around to it... yet.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pdWAcK6Eh8[/ame]

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
So.. uh.. I don't know much about cars..

But my 2012 FORD Focus *cough* eddie *cough* decided to die again yesterday..

Got it towed to the dealership.. they looked at it today and said some valve or another wasn't working correctly.. and the end result was that it created a vacuum and the gas tank collapsed in on itself.

Now on the outside, that doesn't sound very good. Wait, THAT DOESN'T SOUND GOOD AT ALL.

How the hell does that happen?

They're ordering me a new gas tank (hopefully with gas!).. but I've had a ton of problems with this car..

The GF is pushing us to buy.. *shivers* a Prius.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
So I decided to trade in the Focus, and got a 2014 Fusion Hybrid.. yay.

So far so good, my girlfriend drives it most of the time, and she was trying to get us to buy a Prius.. so I feel like I dodged a bullet.

Can't wait till the end of the year when we get to upgrade the Explorer.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
He just doesn't have an outdated vendetta. :wave:

ALL brands have TGWs (things gone wrong). Every. Single. One. Ford has had one of the best (lowest) TGW rates among the major auto manufacturers since 2007-2008. Sometimes even THE best.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Did a ford exec kill a family pet or something? The only time I've seen this kind of hate is between rival college football fans. :lmao:
Nah, just enough bad experiences that my relationship with ford is irrepairable no matter what they produce. I mean, if I inherited a GT-40, I'd probably drive it around, but shy of that, nothing they can do would get me in a blue oval.

I've owned Chevy, Dodge, Toyota, Nissan, Honda... so it's not like I'm married to GM. But the fords/lincolns/mercurys/cougers in my family have just been the worst cars, and I simply could not bring myself to enter into that abusive relationship again.

"But honey I've changed! It won't be like last time, you'll see!"

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
Just checked one off my bucket list. Very excited to have a vintage super car at a reasonable price. I haven't had a sports car since I was a kid.

1988 Porsche 928 S4

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
That's clean for an 88!! is it an automatic?

About 10years ago there was a guy with a red convertible that was manual,and would bring as all these new genuine parts to put on it..struts,brakes,steering gear,bushings..stuff like that. He restored the body&spacing,but was hunting interior parts. He'd prolly kill you or worse to get some of what I see there! lol! Nice find man!

YT1

NO LONGER A MEMBER
Mar 15, 2011
Thanks guys, I've been searching for a clean example and so far I think I found it. It is an automatic, about 70% of 928s are and the manuals go for premium. It is a trip back in time on the interior, hard to believe how far we have came, but there is something nice about vintage and German too. 32 valve 5.0 V-8 with 316 HP stock is nice as well.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Thanks guys, I've been searching for a clean example and so far I think I found it. It is an automatic, about 70% of 928s are and the manuals go for premium. It is a trip back in time on the interior, hard to believe how far we have came, but there is something nice about vintage and German too. 32 valve 5.0 V-8 with 316 HP stock is nice as well.
MMMMmmmm...

Have any engine modification plans?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Just checked one off my bucket list. Very excited to have a vintage super car at a reasonable price. I haven't had a sports car since I was a kid.

1988 Porsche 928 S4

I keep waiting for a photo with James May, Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond to show up.

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I don't know what it is or why, but man do I love the 80's and early 90's interiors.
They weren't one big ass chunk of plastic back then,they were more intricate. Also auto makers used more colors back in the day. You could buy a car with black,grey,tan,red,or blue interior. Now most vehicles have only one color dash&strum,and only grey or tan carpet&seats.

Cool! Yeah,Auto is a deal breaker for me. I can't even list how many times I've seen "the perfect car" only to discover that it's automatic,and my hopes get dashed:trollface: some people prefer to "let the fluid do it" tho,so to each is own..still a very clean car.

My personal car (I have a work provided vehicle also)

The steering wheel is on the right/wrong side! lol!

Contraband

Controlled Substance
Mar 26, 2014
I know,it's always neat to see them tho,especially here when they've got a kid in the front. Makes you do a double take. Right hand drive vehicles are actually worth more in the states then their left hand counterparts. The Jeep dealer sells wranglers&libertys as postal vehicles,and there's a $2,500 additional charge for right hand drive from what the mail lady told me(they buy their own vehicle for county routes,and get a vehicle allowance). There's also a company that imports them in the gulf coast also for mail/parcel delivery...we used to service their newly acquisitioned vehicles. Mostly Saturn wagons,and SUV's like explorers&ablazers.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
New car!

Mostly for the wife.. I always get the hand me down cars.

This makes my.. *counts on fingers* 6 Fords (Since 2010)! None of them have died on me either.

Fusion -> Focus -> Focus + Explorer -> Explorer + Fusion -> Fusion + Edge -> Fusion + Flex.

It's really roomy inside. I initially really disliked the looks, but it's growing on me.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Another ford?!?!?! You really need to seek help ;)

And six in seven years?! How do you wear out cars so quickly? (given the make, I assume that's rhetorical...:pirate:). Eddie's right though, the color combo is pretty slick.

I've bought two cars in the last 17 years! I get the feeling I must be doing life wrong...

Last edited: