Solo: A Star Wars Story

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Went with a couple other friends to see [SOLO] again.. they hadn't seen it.. my 3rd time.

Still fun, still good, still entertaining. The friends liked it as well, some were confused with
Maul
, but overall it was well received.

Can't wait to own it when it comes out. Will definitely be in the regular rotation.

Last edited:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Maul???

[SPOILER ALERT]???

Just kidding... somebody else spoiled it for me already. Can't speak for the other 10 people on here who didn't see it yet though... :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
SOLO isn't coming out until 9/25! September! Curses!

Avengers is coming out in a week for digital.. guess they wanted to give more time between releases?

Either way, I was a bitch and preordered the steelbook from Best Buy.. fuck I loved this movie.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I got the SOLO "Extended Novelization" and started it last night. Only made it to the point where they're headed to the spaceport (3 or so chapters). So far it's good, it has a little prologue on the deal-gone-bad that happens right before the movie starts, and due to the nature of books, it gives a lot more detail into Proxima and her henchmen.

Looking forward to reading the rest as I get time.. it seems like once I get into a book I stay up super late and finish it in a day or two.

I did read that even the author didn't know who the person at the end was, so it's written very vaguely, so looking forward to that.

Movie comes to digital next week.. but I'm going to try and be strong and wait for my 4K disk.. hate that they delay it like this.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
So I got the book at launch and blasted through it in 12 parsecs.. ha ha I mean 2 days..

It was good! It is "expanded" like The Last Jedi novelization, so it adds in some more background details and "what the character is thinking" since you can't do that easily in a movie.

Biggest parts were.. (spoilers ahead)

What happened before the movie starts, the deal that 'went bad' and some more establishing info on what Corellia is like.

It went into what happened to Qi'ra between getting left on Corellia and showing up again. What the Crimson Dawn did to her to whip her into shape.

More background on the SJW droid.. wasn't really all bad, and you get a little bit more character out of it.

Han Solo at the Imperial Academy and what he did to get busted down to infantry.

At the end there is a prologue segment.. where Enfys Nest is taking the coaxium.. turns out she's handing it over to one Saw Gerrera.. and while they're taking, a young Jyn Erso comes down the ramp and talks for a moment with Enfys Nest. It's a very small segment, but it was cool, considering the tie to Rogue One and Rebels.

Lots of other small things that just flesh out the basic idea a little more.. but I enjoyed it!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
They could've just used Anthony Ingruber and accomplished the same thing. *Grumbles* Stupid Hollywood jewish nepotism robbing us of better suited actors. 😡

EDIT: Ha! It even made the emoticon extra tiny!