Solo: A Star Wars Story

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
Went with a couple other friends to see [SOLO] again.. they hadn't seen it.. my 3rd time.

Still fun, still good, still entertaining. The friends liked it as well, some were confused with
Maul
, but overall it was well received.

Can't wait to own it when it comes out. Will definitely be in the regular rotation.

Last edited:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Maul???

[SPOILER ALERT]???

Just kidding... somebody else spoiled it for me already. Can't speak for the other 10 people on here who didn't see it yet though... :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
SOLO isn't coming out until 9/25! September! Curses!

Avengers is coming out in a week for digital.. guess they wanted to give more time between releases?

Either way, I was a bitch and preordered the steelbook from Best Buy.. fuck I loved this movie.

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
It'll be interesting to see if they touch on the director controversy at all in the special features. Ron Howard re-shot like 70% of the movie.. so I'd be really curious to see some of the old footage to see how it was different.

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
  • NSA

NSA

I got the SOLO "Extended Novelization" and started it last night. Only made it to the point where they're headed to the spaceport (3 or so chapters). So far it's good, it has a little prologue on the deal-gone-bad that happens right before the movie starts, and due to the nature of books, it gives a lot more detail into Proxima and her henchmen.

Looking forward to reading the rest as I get time.. it seems like once I get into a book I stay up super late and finish it in a day or two.

I did read that even the author didn't know who the person at the end was, so it's written very vaguely, so looking forward to that.

Movie comes to digital next week.. but I'm going to try and be strong and wait for my 4K disk.. hate that they delay it like this.