Star Wars - Episode VIII - The Last Jedi - SPOILERS

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I feel like our parents had 20 or so extra years on us to not have to deal with this nonsense. My dad is 60+ and is just now reached his boiling over point. The same time as us. But yeah, it's going to get so much worse.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, I think we're cursed by how fast information transmits now. Annoying stuff used to take weeks longer to reach our parents. For us, it's instant saturation of annoying "trending" BS.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
TLJ is down to $300K/day or something now.

US total is somewhere in the $611 million range, which is about $79 million more than Rogue One (and $325 million less than Force Awakens). Interestingly, the difference between TLJ and Rogue One is about the same as the difference in opening weekend #s. I imagine a "mainline" Star Wars movie easily front loads the opening weekend as it's a full culture hype-fest.. but Rogue One actually did almost the same amount of business after opening.

TLJ is about $430 million behind FA in international sales as well.

There is still time to make up some ground, but I imagine it'll only be 15-20 million more, barring something like putting the Solo trailer in front of screenings.. even then..

So making well over a billion dollars is in no way a disappointment, it is interesting to see what it means for the franchise moving forward. Was there just SO MUCH pend up demand for Star Wars that propelled Force Awakens to the high highs? Or did TLJ really turn off enough people to create an almost $800 million dollar difference worldwide? How will this impact Solo? Episode XI?

JJ Abrams has to work double extra super hard to give us a nostalgia boner with the EP IX.. EPIX trailer.. will SJW Disney allow it?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They pissed off a lot of fans. Like REALLY pissed them off. Like "I'll never see another SW film as long as I live!" level of pissed off. I wonder how many that actually is and how many of them will actually stick to their "never again!" convictions.

I suspect they'll keep up the SJW nonsense on IX and see how the numbers go. If it's even worse than VIII, they just might have to back off of that crap. Or maybe not. Maybe the money isn't as important to them as selling their agendas. *shrugs*

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Funny, I feel more and more the same way... :p

But in all seriousness, I don't really like the new characters very much and the old ones are gone(?) now. Add in the SJW crap and I am fully disinterested. Here's hoping Solo goes full scoundrel. Like, if they were to put him out there as a full on rule breaking, womanizing, smuggler jerk to show how "flawed" he is/was, and then all the dudes in the world take him on like Star Lord (who?) or something. That I could get behind...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They'll portray Han as his typical womanizing jerk self and then have the wamen and white knights there to preach about the errors of that kind of a man. Most likely by looking directly into the camera. ;)

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, I mean we'll probably get some Ghost Luke in IX but can't be too much. It'll have to be the Rey/Finn/Poe/Kylo show.. which.. ehhh.

Like I said, JJ is going to have to dig deep to pull on whatever nostalgia strings are left to get butts in seats for IX. I am not sure how he'll do it though. Ewoks? Old Lando? Mothball Red Squadron back to save the day?

For Solo.. they better not 'redeem' him at the end, otherwise it completely ruins his arc in the OT. He should be an asshole, with little bits of good showing through now and again. Maybe ending the film with him doing something nice, but with a shrug at the same time.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They are going to have to really dig for OT characters to spotlight in IX... if they even want to. It's all B and C listers or worse anyway. But like I said, that was intentional. They want to be done with the old patriarchally created characters. "Look what we made. Our characters and world view are better. Girl power!" That's why Luke got dumped on. They were not going to let him look more badass than their new superior girl hero. :tinfoil:

Anyway, yeah, I too hope they don't redeem Han either. But considering the lack of respect they have for the OT and maybe even bitterness, I wouldn't be surprised if they "Whatevah! Whatevah! We do what we want!".

Was the writing team that worked on Rogue One the same as the one that worked on TLJ? Maybe the "stories" will continue to be more respectful of the OT? Less heavy handed with SJW stuff?

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I’ll see IV simply because I’ve seen the other 8, but I certainly will not be excited. It was hard enough to get myself worked up for TLJ.

Han better be lady killer Indiana Jones or the whole thing will be wrecked for me. It already sounds like a dumpster fire with everything that’s happened behind the scenes. I feel bad for Ron Howard.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I don't think it's the same people as Rogue One, but I'm not 100% sure. I think they have a general writers room/story group who handle a lot of things SW related, but there are still individual teams doing the different movies.

And yes, I too will see it, if for nothing more than a conclusion of the damn saga.

Now the Rian Johnson led trilogy that is supposed to have NOTHING to do with anything we know about SW so far.. might skip that down the road.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I don't know. To me it kinda felt like TLJ was a conclusion. I mean, they are all gone as far as the OT is concerned. They're saga is over. They've already fully moved on to other new characters stories. From here on out its OT ghosts or Chewie/R2/C3PO. :laugh:

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
They’ve spent 2 movies building up these new characters and saying goodbye to the old knowing it all ends in the 3rd. I’d assume Kyle has to die to end the Skywalker bloodline/saga? So in the end the whole thing was a saga about a shitty family who murdered more people than Hitler and Stalin combined? The girl permanently ends them and then it’s all peace love and happiness? It all just seems like a waste.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Seems like it.. if Rey beats Kylo AGAIN then she'll have bested him in all 3 movies.. not much of an adversary really. Wonder if he'll have his Knights of Ren around to at least make it a challenge.

I guess the First Order.. which mysteriously became a galaxy spanning organization out of nothing will be similarly swept away into nothingness again?

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
They’ve spent 2 movies building up these new characters and saying goodbye to the old knowing it all ends in the 3rd. I’d assume Kyle has to die to end the Skywalker bloodline/saga? So in the end the whole thing was a saga about a shitty family who murdered more people than Hitler and Stalin combined? The girl permanently ends them and then it’s all peace love and happiness? It all just seems like a waste.
I didn't think it was possible, but you just made me hate the new stuff and the people that took over even more. I guess I hate it and them as much they hate the OT and the fans. I wonder if Lucas knew how much they despised his creation.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
There was some article somewhere that had the outlines for what Lucas had in mine for 7-8-9 and some of the stuff is actually pretty close, at least plot/character wise. He had the girl protagonist, but Finn was a white Han-type I think, and some other changes I can't remember.

Honestly I think they just waited 10 years too long to make the sequels. Maybe that means they waited 10 years too long to make the prequels. Should have revisited Han/Luke/Leia in their 40's and 50's not their 60's and 70's.

The deluge of extended universe stuff that kept people interested in Star Wars between 1977 and 2015 also did have the consequence of putting ideas in peoples minds about what SW SHOULD BE, so some people are having issues with that.

Ultimately, if SW isn't fun anymore, people will just stop watching it. I do think it's kind of TOO BIG TO FAIL right now though, but it can slowly become more irrelevant. I don't realistically see Disney allowing this to happen though.. not with SW Disneyland opening up.. the kid/merch revenue.. etc.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Okay, right away, I love it. They get sucked out into the vacuum of space.

Okay, back to it.

Edit: Love it! All of it. So much better! Leaving out the comedic bits of course. Makes so many great points and observations in typical HISHE fashion.

Edit: Edit: The Ragnorok and GotG2 ones are great too. "Because I'm Batman!" "I am Groot!" "I'm Mary Poppins yall!"

Last edited:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Okay, right away, I love it. They get sucked out into the vacuum of space.

Okay, back to it.

Edit: Love it! All of it. So much better! Leaving out the comedic bits of course. Makes so many great points and observations in typical HISHE fashion.

Edit: Edit: The Ragnorok and GotG2 ones are great too. "Because I'm Batman!" "I am Groot!" "I'm Mary Poppins yall!"
Agreed. Sans the comedy, pretty much every change was superior to the actual release plot. Ugh, makes me like the movie even less... :(

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Agreed. Sans the comedy, pretty much every change was superior to the actual release plot. Ugh, makes me like the movie even less... :(
Samesies. Which is crazy because I didn't think that it was possible.

Even sadder for the actual film is that the cartoon was 50% written by a chick and was better than the SJW nonsense forced (heh) into TLJ.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
It's funny seeing the reactions of people who don't think it's funny or cool or anything.. its offensive! How dare they remove the best parts of the movies!

We really are in a world where everything is polarizing. Up is down, left is right, men are women.