Star Wars - Episode VIII - The Last Jedi - SPOILERS

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
:grumpy:

Ugh. So I started that thinking I'll just watch a couple mins to see what it's all about. I don't need to hear more of the same. But that guy was bringing up so many great points I hadn't thought of or heard mentioned before. So next thing I know I'm more than half way through the video. I break for a leak. Doing that I'm thinking, why in the heck am I watching this?? I already know I hate this retarded movie. I don't need more reasons! :laugh:

And was the First Orders ship really named the Supremacy?? Were they that obvious? How did I not catch that when I did catch the clearly obvious all white evil FO vs the heroic females and non-white males that ran the Resistance? OH! Even more relevant! Currently, politically, they call opposition to Trump "the resistance" and anyone in support of Trump or right of the far left "nazis" and "white supremacists". OMG. They were so blatant!

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
It was a really long but good video.. lots of stuff I didn't really catch either.

TFA does bear a good deal of responsibility for some of the problems with TLJ, but the fact that TLJ had to chance to fix those issues and not create its own issues is where I ultimately fall when thinking about it. TFA was easy enough to turn off your brain and watch and enjoy "star warsey" action. TLJ tried way too hard to make you think about things, but when you turn your brain back on to think.. you suddenly realize all of these other issues you wouldn't really have thought about/minded if you were just sitting back and enjoying.

I really really hope IX manages to somehow retroactively salvage TLJ. I feel that its possible, but am very hesitant to think it's actually going to happen. JJ Abrams seems like the type who likes to do crazy stuff.. so maybe..

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
God it'd be ballsy if they retconned the movie out of existence.. don't think they can or would though.. but man, what if.

I feel like there has to be a time-skip.. otherwise it's just whats left of the First Order chasing the Millennium Falcon. Wouldn't they be able to track the MF into hyperspace anyway at this point? Anyway.. Leia/Rey/etc have to go around to a bunch of different planets and URGE the planets to join them in facing the First Order head on.. some will say no, some will say yes, maybe LukeGhost comes along to help pitch it? Or maybe he just trains Rey in the down time. Whatever.. they end up in a big climactic battle on some planet (lets call it Naboo) with the space forces having a heck of a battle up there and (of course) Rey and Kylo end up on the planet, dueling with their fates (heh).

Maybe some other planet, maybe there is another super weapon or two or something mixed in, but I feel like that's how it has to go. How would they end it? If this really is the end of the Skywalker Saga? Kylo has to die.. Rey really is no-one and Luke goes to the Force Ghost Bahamas.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Sipping margaritas on the ghost beach with FG Obi Wan, Yoda, Anakin?

Obi: "Yo, Ani, you remember that time you killed me on the original Death Star?"
Yoda: "A douche move that was..." :p

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
It was a really long but good video.. lots of stuff I didn't really catch either.
And it was only part 1! There are at least two more vids!

Can it be salvaged? Maybe a better film can be made, but unless they scrub VIII entirely, no, it can't be fixed. My main issue is what they did to Luke, and that can't be corrected with a good IX script. Really what they've done with nearly all of the OT cast can't be fixed.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Well, Luke is confirmed for IX.. so.. I suppose they could say he isn't just a force ghost. Maybe he's REAL but ALSO a ghost. Yoda in TLJ was a lot more corporal than normal force ghosts.. and he called down lightning.. so who knows. Maybe Luke just teleport-ed his naked ass somewhere. I feel like MAYBE they understand we need the closure on Luke's character that we didn't get in TLJ. I figure he'll be a lot more active than a casual ghost.

Lando and Chewie better have some good scenes at this point, and he should end up with the Falcon. Or give it to Chewie. I don't way REY having it. Maybe it'd be best for it to be destroyed on a suicide run saving people or something.

I just don't know how you end the Skywalker 'saga' on a good note right now. Technically Kylo is the last blood relative left alive. Does he get redeemed? That seems silly considering his actions up till now. Does GhostLuke strike him down, ending the line (and the saga) and letting the galaxy do its own thing? Jedi? Sith?

I dunno. The whole sequel trilogy seems like it unnecessarily forced things into a tiny box.. when they had the whole galaxy to work with.