Star Wars - Episode VIII - The Last Jedi - SPOILERS

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I used to have at least Jedi recorded off the TeeVee, complete with commercials... :p

Little did we know that Lucas would jack up the OT and then refuse to produce DVD copies of the original versions...

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
According to that article I paid $89.95 in 2006! Adjusted for inflation.. that's $112.10!

I don't recall it being that expensive.. but sure, maybe. Those were the days I'd go and blow tons of money on DVDs.. what a waste.. but in this case.. good!

They're listed on eBay for $200-$400.. yikes. Maybe I will show them to my son for the first time he's seen the OT.. no way to better experience it other than the original way!

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Maybe I will show them to my son for the first time he's seen the OT.. no way to better experience it other than the original way!
Don't get your hopes up that he'll enjoy them if he's seen any other modern film/TV. They literally look comical to them and the pacing is painfully boring.
I showed a tween Superman: The Movie, and she cracked up. "What is this?!" MFW ➡😡. She mysteriously died shortly after. 🤷‍😈️

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I thought the originals were only issued digitally on laser disk.
This Best Buy-only DVD set was just the laser disk copy on DVD. They didn't even add anything, just slapped it on smaller disks. This is good (and bad).. good because it's VERY original.. Ep IV just says STAR WARS.. bad because.. well it's very rough to watch apparently.

Don't get your hopes up that he'll enjoy them if he's seen any other modern film/TV. They literally look comical to them and the pacing is painfully boring.
I showed a tween Superman: The Movie, and she cracked up. "What is this?!" MFW ➡😡. She mysteriously died shortly after. 🤷‍😈️
Truth.. though I bought Superman: The Movie in 4K to watch a couple weeks back and sat down to watch it.. and oh my god.. it's so freaking slow. I made it to about when he's gonna land on earth and turned it off for something else.. I did not remember the part in the beginning on Krypton taking so long. Zod and them were in the first movie?!

But anyway.. yeah its a different pace back in the day..

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Zod and friends are only banished in the first film. Donner had part II planned out ahead of time and knew he'd be bringing them back.

But yeah, like Man of Steel, the Krypton scene is painfully boring. It's far worse on the extended cut that came out last year.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I wonder if I was watching the extended cut or not.

I completely didn't remember hardly any of that from watching it years and years ago, maybe I blocked it out. Buncha old farts not even really arguing. I guess I think MoS did that part better.. up until the dickships.

But yeah I forgot they were banished in I, I figured they were introduced in II. Cool continuity there.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Is there a SW general thread? Eh...

I'm curious what a linear mash up would look like, but this isn't bad. It's weird how jarring some of the sequel material is to me, but I assume it's because I haven't watched them countless times.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
That was good!

I am always amazed how well I feel SOLO and Rogue One fit in with the overall feel. Though this video did a great job even making the Sequels feel connected. I think having Han Solo missing from TLJ really hurt it. He had a very strong "anchoring" part in TFA. If he'd been his old self, I think people could have accepted Luke being different. Instead we got Leia, who was really barely in it, and a bunch of new/different without enough old/nostalgia to keep us connected.

I would love to see a Prequel super cut with a good editor. There IS some good stuff there, it just needs to be coaxed out. I love that Jimmy Smits came back to play his character in Rogue One.

Sequel trilogy will heavily depend on EPIX. EPIX! If it blows us away, it has the ability to fix a lot of TLJ problems in retrospect.. but it has to basically be a perfect film.