Star Wars Mandolorian thread

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I will probably get to this tonight. I wanted to do a rewatch of the first season with the kid, but didn't find the time with all the craziness. Maybe this weekend.. we'll see.

I'd say as the episodes appear, use spoiler tags for the first 48 hours after airing to be safe and considerate.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
The way it expands on things and shows us what daily life is like in the shit hole SW universe will never get old. Like Paul said, it makes the old stuff better by filling in the blanks. Rogue One did this same thing.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
The way it expands on things and shows us what daily life is like in the shit hole SW universe will never get old. Like Paul said, it makes the old stuff better by filling in the blanks. Rogue One did this same thing.

And it manages to do so without fluffing some stupid cause or anything too. Cara Dune is a woman, but she's also realistically someone who could kick all our asses, so it's not a surprise when she kicks ass.

So do we think it's Fett? Or Rex? Or another clone? They're heavily IMPLYING it's Fett, and that'd make the most sense.. but with Ahsoka involved this season, who knows?

Spoiler tags end today! So make sure to watch the show or avoid the thread for spoilers.. I used it above just to be safe.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I say spoiler tags until Monday morning, then all bets off.

I did not watch more than a season or two of Clone Wars, so I’m not sure why a clone would care about Fett’s armor.

98080925-76DD-4362-BE9A-57A85A8F2A40.jpeg

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
The person at the very end..

It's the actor who played Jango Fett in the prequels (and the subsequent clones). So it would make sense for it to be Boba Fett all grown up.. BUT it could also be any number of clones, who somehow managed to live through the Clone Wars and through the fight against the Empire.

I feel like they made it canon that one of them (Captain Rex) was on Endor during ROTJ

Obviously it's a retro thing, and sort of a fun fan thing, but Filoni was kind of purposefully vague on it all.

So yeah.. the armor stuff, COULD be there because, duh, Fett wants his armor back, that's the easiest way to see it, but they could also be leading you down one path while really doing something different. I dunno. I think we're seeing more of the SW REBELS crew in this season, and Rex popped up there as well.

Not sure what would be the best way to bring Fett back, since he's always been a fan-favorite, but really did little in the grand scheme of things. Why would he escape the Sarlacc and then ditch his armor for Jawas to find?

Cant wait to see more.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Didn’t really pick up on Fett wanting his armor back since he has had 5 or so years to find it. I was thinking he was avoiding the Mandolorian since it’s very likely he might be the one hunted. & thanks to our PT you could make the case Fett is not a true Mandolorian, hence doesn’t deserve the armor. We could just as likely see that Fett settled down with a nice sand woman. Would fit in perfectly with the western tropes.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Hmm, apparently I missed the person at the end. I'll have to go back and watch it again.

• Wow
Reactions: NSA

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
And again I have to ask if anyone knows where I can....you know...view this without paying Mr. Mouse?

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
$6/month for the duration of the Mando season should still be significantly less than taking the family to a 1.5 hour movie at the theater. And you get on the order of 6-8 hours of new (good) SW content, along with all the other MCU, SW, Pixar and other content. That's pretty hard to complain about.

• Love

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
$6/month for the duration of the Mando season should still be significantly less than taking the family to a 1.5 hour movie at the theater. And you get on the order of 6-8 hours of new (good) SW content, along with all the other MCU, SW, Pixar and other content. That's pretty hard to complain about.

It's really the best deal in media, and they keep adding stuff.. FOX stuff from the merger too.

I did the stupid 3-year preorder deal, where it ended up like $3/month for 3 years, but I don't ragrat it at all.

Reactions: ThunderDan19

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Nearly Extinct race trying to spawn it's young? Not today. Nom-nom times.
In baby Yoda’s defense, he might be more endangered and has a case of the nom noms.
First, last week’s episode generated some stupid “woke” criticism and now there are people pissed at Baby Yoda.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
For what? I missed out on this.
Someone wrote an article about how the relationship between the tuskens and miners was like the offensive Hollywood “cowboy and Indian” films.

“but they put aside their differences and worked together?”

not good enough. The writer went back and rewatched it and counted how many tuskens died on screen compared to the miners. More tuskens died. White supremacy.

• Wow

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Someone wrote an article about how the relationship between the tuskens and miners was like the offensive Hollywood “cowboy and Indian” films.

not good enough. The writer went back and rewatched it and counted how many tuskens died on screen compared to the miners. More tuskens died. White supremacy.

Just fuck everything at this point.

Reactions: Giga Bread

YautjaClanLeader

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL

They sound like miserable human beings. Hopefully they don't reproduce.

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
I thought you were talking about my rant on rebel scum ? I made a woke comment about ST vs Mando (with Mandolorian doing it right.) literately 1000s of similar comments about Disney woke, on that site. Someone made the mistake of asking me to clarify. I went a little bit overboard.

:hulk:

Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Do we know how many episodes there are this season? I still wish each episode was an hour, but do like that they have the freedom to do what they want without having to pad time.

I'm finally getting around to rewatching Season 1 with the 7 year old (his first time), man it's still so good.

Reactions: ThunderDan19

Slaymaker

Mostly Ignored
Officer Club
May 13, 2011
Iowa
The Mandalorian season 2 premiere: Friday, October 30 - 2 am Central Time
The Mandalorian season 2, episode 2: Friday, November 6 - 2 am Central Time
The Mandalorian season 2, episode 3: Friday, November 13 - 2 am Central Time
The Mandalorian season 2, episode 4: Friday, November 20 - 2 am Central Time
The Mandalorian season 2, episode 5: Friday, November 27 - 2 am Central Time
The Mandalorian season 2, episode 6: Friday, December 4 - 2 am Central Time
The Mandalorian season 2, episode 7: Friday, December 11 - 2 am Central Time
The Mandalorian season 2 finale: Friday, December 18 - 2 am Central Time

• Thoughtful

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I assume that's for the 4" figs? I like my 6" Mando, but can't imagine what a 1:12 scale RC would cost...