Star Wars Mandolorian thread

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
It was a “turn your brain off episode” and that’s fine.
Gina’s looking a little chunky.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
It was a “turn your brain off episode” and that’s fine.
Gina’s looking a little chunky.

• Haha
Reactions: ThunderDan19

YautjaClanLeader

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
All the good cameos. And now we know a villian from Rebels is alive. So hopefully the hero is too. That was a huge reveal. WHO will be cast as live action Thrawn? Any guesses.

MOD EDIT: Refrain from episode spoilers for 48 hours please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
All the good cameos. And now we know a villian from Rebels is alive. So hopefully the hero is too. That was a huge reveal. WHO will be cast as live action Thrawn? Any guesses.

MOD EDIT: Refrain from episode spoilers for 48 hours please.
I really can’t stand that whiny “hero”.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I like that you don’t have to have seen all the other shows to enjoy it though. If anything, it’ll make me do back and watch them after the fact to get the full references. Even without the full background, this episode was badass!

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Spoiler shut the F up I warned you

So glad I didn’t put down the cash for that thing.

Had to pause at that moment & tell the wife the money I didn’t spend & how many tears were flying from fanboys

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, they’ll need a similarly iconic replacement for that. Hopefully another of the same for the fanboys.

My daughter speculated that they might free up another well known spaceship for the leading role...

Reactions: YautjaClanLeader

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, they’ll need a similarly iconic replacement for that. Hopefully another of the same for the fanboys.

My daughter speculated that they might free up another well known spaceship for the leading role...

I would be cool if they used another YT-1300 or similar variant, but they've been loathe to encroach on the Falcon's look. I assume Han and Chewie are still flying around in it now.

My biggest Q left is how they end up tying this all into the ST. I like the cloning stuff, as that ties into Palpy coming back.. but all the rest is so uncertain due to the way they boxed themselves in with the ST (God I hate the ST).

I wonder if we'll see a de-aged Luke saving Grogu (a la Marvel). THAT would break the internets.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I wonder if they'll give Fett a heroic sendoff and Mando continues on with Slave 1.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I wonder if they'll give Fett a heroic sendoff and Mando continues on with Slave 1.

Would be kind of weird to finally bring him back and then kill him off a couple episodes later.

I don't think I'd want to see Mando in the Slave 1 either.. feels too on the nose. Disney can market the hell out of the 'continuing adventures of Boba Fett' in their new EU (books/games/etc) if he stays alive and just goes off and does his own thing.

Maybe he'll liberate an Imperial shuttle or something while rescuing Grogu?

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
My hope is it’s Mace Windu that comes in.
I think given his age and what he’s been through, he wouldn’t be so powerful that he’d outshine Mando in his own series.
I also kind of hope there is a tangent that solidifies this as it’s own story, going in its own direction, that doesn’t connect with the First Order and the latest trilogy. People suspect all of these things are linear tie ins to the First Order but it could be its own thing.

If it keeps trying to connect then it’s just going to write itself into a corner. That’s kind of the problem the prequels ran into.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
My hope is it’s Mace Windu that comes in.
I think given his age and what he’s been through, he wouldn’t be so powerful that he’d outshine Mando in his own series.
I also kind of hope there is a tangent that solidifies this as it’s own story, going in its own direction, that doesn’t connect with the First Order and the latest trilogy. People suspect all of these things are linear tie ins to the First Order but it could be its own thing.

If it keeps trying to connect then it’s just going to write itself into a corner. That’s kind of the problem the prequels ran into.

I dunno, there is still so much time (30+ years in story) until the sequel trilogy.. they have more than enough time to do fun stories that don't all have to go OOOO LOOK FIRST ORDER IS COMING! As it is, I think the FO was supposed to be pretty secret (somehow), which is why they took the galaxy by surprise.

I DO wish they'd just casually forget about the ST and in 5-10 years just say that's all "Legends" material now.

Mining these years of the SW lore are PRIME.. it's going to be very familiar to the OT, very little is already explained now that the old EU is Legends.. Luke/Han/Leia/etc can be around in cartoons/animated/etc. Some liberal use of the "Marvel-esque" de-aging could do wonders too.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Good episode this week! Not quite as great (or impactful) as the last couple, but had some great scenes and I thought the slower talk-y stuff worked especially well at fleshing out the galaxy. Even a SW Battlefront II reference!

Some of the other stuff was really cool to see in action as well.

Can't believe there is only 1 episode left :(

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I thought it was pretty good. I liked how it humanized the ex-Imp guy and took the PTSD route. I kinda knew where it was going for much of it, but really enjoyed the ride.

What I didn’t see coming was Mando being recognized by the data link station. What’s his face doing on the “ok to retrieve info“ list for the Imperial database?

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Not complaining about a rumored Boba show anymore, just not sure if its really in place of season 3 or not.

Yeah it's not clear to me either, is the Book of Fett = Season 3? Or is it a different show? Mando Season 3 is supposed to air the same month & year, so would they be doing 2 concurrent shows? I dunno, but I'm damn excited!

Also, they said Fennec Shan (asian assassin) is going to be in the Bad Batch cartoon to give her some backstory, which is cool.

YautjaClanLeader

Sep 2, 2018
Tampa, FL
That episode was nut worthy.

Seeing a certain Jedi Master being himself again was refreshing. The details were excellent. I do have a couple questions about the fates of certain people.

Reactions: bravo5

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
That was comparable to the Vader scene in RO... and the CGI was passible.

Also, if you‘re gonna do a ”girl power” scene, that’s how you do it. Not at all contrived and perfectly organic.

And thank you to them for properly executing a determined, capable and generally badass (with a heart of gold) father figure in modern cinema.

Not sure what to make of the post credit scene... but I like it.