Star Wars |OT| General (Kenobi) Thread

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Also, absolutely loved the "old school" 1 episode per week delivery for Mandalorian compared to a big dump like Netflix does. It absolutely created a better atmosphere for the show, allowing people to talk and speculate about everything in between episodes.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Episode 8 spoilers...

Darksaber!! Holy hell that looked cool as shit.
Cara Dune is from Alderaan! No wonder she hates the Empire so much!
IG-11 is badass! RIP Nurse Droid!
Storm Troopers can't hit shit! I LOL'd. Great Taika humor.
The big battle was really cool. Loved the different Storm Troopers.
Wonder what happened to all the other Mandalorians in the sewers?
Fucking Darksaber!!

I can not wait for season 2. Do we think it'll hit in 2020 or 2021?

This season was a perfect blend of Favreau cool and Filoni fun. LOVE the deep lore dives, and somehow the show manages to skirt the line perfectly where you don't NEED to know the whole backstory to a ton of things to enjoy it, but if you do, it gives you extra special joy.

As others have said, I think their treatment of the Force here has been perfect. It's mysterious (like in the OT) and powerful, but not over-powered. So good. So good.

The opening totally reminded me of this (which I haven't seen in 20 fucking years!!!)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mistermarks101

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
That was indeed a very satisfying conclusion to the season!
I really hope the Mandos’ gear was a feint. Maybe they came across more Beskar, got upgraded and dumped their old armor and scattered to find a new hideout. How else would you explain the armorer still being around to meet Mando? If she was any indication of their level of skill, it would take more than a garrison of imps to wipe them out like that. Plus, it may be part of the plan to keep Mando in the dark as to their new whereabouts. I was really hoping to see them join in the excitement though.
All in all, our whole family very much enjoyed it yet again.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
That was indeed a very satisfying conclusion to the season!
I really hope the Mandos’ gear was a feint. Maybe they came across more Beskar, got upgraded and dumped their old armor and scattered to find a new hideout. How else would you explain the armorer still being around to meet Mando? If she was any indication of their level of skill, it would take more than a garrison of imps to wipe them out like that. Plus, it may be part of the plan to keep Mando in the dark as to their new whereabouts. I was really hoping to see them join in the excitement though.
All in all, our whole family very much enjoyed it yet again.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The Mandalorian ended on a pretty high note. Too bad these guys weren't helming the films.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
The next trilogy is Mando-Jedi Yoda with a dark saber. And that’s not separate characters. That’s just 1

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
We also commented that the use of a lot of different directors in the series made each episode have its own personality. But, at the same time, everybody seemed to have gotten on the same page from the beginning (imagine that!), so the season had complete continuity. In case anybody missed it, the finale was directed by... Taika Waititi.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
The thing I love about this series is they don’t feel confined to a formula. That opening scene with the scouts would not ever happen in a Star Wars movie because they can’t even let themselves have a long, uncomfortable pause to let the joke land. They’re too busy trying to get to the next plot point and get this movie in under a certain runtime.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Man, the season 2 rumors are all over the place. I think Rebels fans are being wishful that Mandalorian ties into it.

This show is mine mine mine. Get your annoying Ezra out of here!

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Rebels is canon, so ties-ins would be appropriate, if unwelcome. I believe The Ghost is in that clusterfuck of ships at the end of IX, actually. I didn't see all of Rebels, but what I did see seemed far less onerous than the ST. Well, except helicopter lightsabers. Fuck that garbage.

Last edited:

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Rebels is canon, so ties-ins would be appropriate, if unwelcome. I believe The Ghost is in that clusterfuck of ships at the end of IX, actually. I didn't see all of Rebels, but what I did see seemed far less onerous than the ST. Well, except helicopter lightsabers. Fuck that garbage.
The helicopter lightsaber move was a bit ridiculous. The Inquisitors in general were kind of wonky, though they were actually menacing in the new Jedi Fallen Order game. They served a purpose, and make sense why they'd be around I guess, but still kinda odd.

Rebels (and Clone Wars cartoon) had so many episodes devoted to Mandalorian.. stuff.. it would only make sense for some of it to cross over. I am not sure if we'll see anything about Ezra or Thrawn though, that seems like it'd be reserved for a book or something.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I didn't hate Ezra, I felt he got better as time went on. Was pretty insufferable to start though.

I'm pretty OK with where Star Wars is now. TROS was definitely good enough for me to be fine with things, and Mandalorian ended on a super high note, so I'm excited for more, but am not at a point where I'm really wanting any more SW content anytime soon. Later this year is fine with me.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Ugh, that's really depressing when compiled together like that.

No wonder people are falling away from SW fanhood.

Now I want to see TRoS even less... :(

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Are you surprised? As long as that glorified assistant is still running things little of worth is gonna come out of Lucasfilm.

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
Ewan McGregor is saying it’s just a 6-7 month delay

But you would think they would have had the scripts handled already since this thing has been rumored for years

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
The rumor I heard is that Ewan didn't like the way his character was being handled in the series. So perhaps rewrites?

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I’m sure Kathleen Luke’d him and took away his lightsaber. The whole series was him building a mud hut, reading Jedi scripture, milking banthas and spying on his nephew.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Well, considering Ewan had been lying about the mere possibility of a Kenobi series until just last year, I'd say to take his protestations about a 6-7 month delay with a grain of salt.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah who knows. I saw something that talked about the show was even scheduled to start filming until the summer originally, so maybe they're still on track for that? I dunno.

SW is such a cluster though, except for the damn Mandalorian somehow, they did that shit on-time, it was entertaining, and they kept the big secrets.. well, secret.