Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
This LED wall is something else

More:

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I didn’t post the rumors last week, but the original rumor about the delay had to do with Ewan wanting to do another project. I can see them holding this thing over his head so long that he just started booking other gigs rather than waiting for them to make up their minds

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Driver is great with the comedy. I still can't take him seriously as a major movie villain though.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I considered ordering from Pulse, but I would like actually receive it before everyone else has sold, shipped the bulk of their inventory & clearances the item.
you either get it a month earlier or a month later than the other stores. The best thing os they have been 100% reliable to me across several orders.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
I want to order this, but it really takes 2-3 sets to make something useful out of it. And at $50 a pop, it's a stretch. It really feels like they're selling you half or a third of a playset at whole prices.

On clearance I might bite, but I can't justify one side of a short hallway for half a hundred.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I missed this earlier in the week

Seriously better than the Sequel Trilogy (not that that is a high bar)

Ironic they made the Empire the good guys and the minority an Imperial, evil white guys are universal!

Also, Mando season 2.. hoping its good!

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
While looking at the new Mando stuff I discovered that they have SW Barbie dolls, ow Leia seems like a no brainer...... however the rest particularly Darth Vader really looks more like a Fetish party at a cat house.

But hey kids play with toys..right?

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
My daughter showed those to me, but didn't have much interest really. They all scream overpriced gimmick, even Leia, who is okay, but not really that accurate either. None of them appear to be "made to move." Once my daughters started to get those, the plain old stiff ones don't remotely cut it. They already have a bunch of the Star Wars princess cartoon ones that have multiple points of articulation and are generally accurate to the movies/shows. They blow these out of the water in so many ways, including being a fraction of the cost.

My kids still do... occasionally...

Reactions: Videoviper

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I've found a bunch of old SW toys in cleaning out the garage, so I've been giving them to the kids.

Old as in probably 2008-2010, so not vintage stuff, but still OT based.

Watching Mando with the kid too, so he's slowly making the connections between the OT and the other shows.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Man, I hope some of this is as good as it should be... Rogue Squadron should have some serious potential...

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Almost all of it looks really good.. I am glad they're sticking with OT adjacent storylines too. I think the High Republic one could be interesting, and if it's good, they can do more in that timeline.. but people know and care about the OT most, so keeping that at the forefront is (finally) smart.

AND these shows have been retroactively making the prequels better at the same time, since it's really fleshing out the how's and why's of the galaxy.

Curious when Rogue Squadron will take place. To be a real dogfighting movie you'd want it set between ANH and ROTJ, but it COULD take place anytime between ROTJ and the ST, with them fighting random yahoos. I doubt we'll get Luke in there though.

Kenobi with Vader should be interesting. I can't imagine they'll be face to face ever all things considered.. but who knows. Glad Hayden is coming back! Redemption!

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
That 4B they paid George seems like couch change.

I like SW a lot. I would dare say I love SW. But I like it to be infrequent, to be that rare occasion to revisit the universe and remind yourself why it's special.

While I have no doubt these will by-and-large be high quality shows, there is a drinking-from-the-firehose aspect to all of this. There aren't enough spare hours in the next two years for me to consume that much Star Wars. As a result, I'll end up skipping the vast majority of these shows, not from lack of interest, but lack of wanting to be immersed in it all the time.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
That 4B they paid George seems like couch change.

I like SW a lot. I would dare say I love SW. But I like it to be infrequent, to be that rare occasion to revisit the universe and remind yourself why it's special.

While I have no doubt these will by-and-large be high quality shows, there is a drinking-from-the-firehose aspect to all of this. There aren't enough spare hours in the next two years for me to consume that much Star Wars. As a result, I'll end up skipping the vast majority of these shows, not from lack of interest, but lack of wanting to be immersed in it all the time.

Well that's the beauty of it being a show.. I think each season of Mando is MAYBE 8 hours total. Once it's aired and done, you can binge watch it in a day or two (or longer if you want).

Watching them live, Mando was on for a little over 2 months I think? If they spread these out, you'll maybe get 3 series per year? So 6/7 months of the year will have some SW content on.. that doesn't seem overwhelming to me. It feels like people are thinking this is all coming out at the same time. The feature films are even further down the road I'd guess.

Mando this season has had 30 minute episodes more often than not, once a week.. it is really easy to catch that episode, it's a very small time commitment. They really have mastered the art of packing in as much OT goodness into 30 minutes as physically possible.