Star Wars |OT| General (Kenobi) Thread

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Trying to not be negative, but this news has been eating at me since you posted that. She really has no sci-fi experience and feels like a diversity for the same of it “the force is female” hire. Hate that we have to wait for the Mandalorian before we can rest easy.

Yes I’m totally being over dramatic, but it’s mother ducking Ewanwan Kenobie and we had to beg for that to happen and now it’s in threat again.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I would guess the Mandalorian is all but finished already, so they likely saw what they liked already.. and if she's already familiar with the Disney+ system.. it's probably a plus.

I never saw it before, but this was the blurb on the Mandalorian:

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode. Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok). It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer.
I didn't realize they got so many high profile people to direct episodes. Also interesting that the Obi-wan series will all be 1 director. I guess the Mandalorian will be more of a show and the Obi-wan one will be more of a long form movie? Like the MCU ones.