Star Wars: Rebels

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
Just a sneak peek of the show, real trailer is coming soon. I don't think it looks too bad. I loved the Clone Wars and this looks to be good. i just hope it's not too comical like some parts in clone wars like the battle droids who act sentient.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quZ3fmA3rws[/ame]

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Too bad the figures are gonna blow womp rat pecker.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD

Some of those would be decent enough if not for the 5 POA.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
The fucking 5 POA was what I was referring to. Stylized I can deal with, unarticulated tripe I cannae!

HUNMARINE

Enlisted
Feb 6, 2014
Hungary
Those rebel pilot looks a bit child-ish, no?
Even the Clone Wars was a serious cartoon....This one makes me a bit upset for some kind of reason.
And the figures....most of wave 4 G.I.Joes is 5 below now...lets say The Ult.Alley Viper with a good articulation and bunch of accessories cost the same 11.99 or if you lucky 9.99.
So...in my case - a 5 POA figures is just a ridicoulous idea. :mad:

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy9waYcrE8k[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pxyXtBuXHM[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgoDwquiwRM[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dSJRKB8x9E[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6GxTMpyjls[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6X1jfU9PIE[/ame]

PROVOST

Colonel in Chief
Officer Club
Jun 28, 2011
Terra Australis
Saw the 1st episode yesterday,not a bad intro story and the overall styling and tone was good.

Different from CW in many ways but not so "kiddie" as to be Capt Barnacle-ish.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
So is this gonna actually be something or just an ongoing series told through bullshit 3 minute segments? Thought I read something about a movie?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
It is a DisneyXD series. Part 1-2 just aired (a 43 minute episode). I have heard movie rumor too, but only the series has started.

Ah, so it's an actual show and not just these damn vignettes. That's cool.
Some random thoughts:

1.The Inquisitor looks like Count Orlok.

2. Ships in the Star Wars mythos are equipped with warp drives, but can't be bothered to equip the gunnery stations with lead calculators or even rudimentary reflex sights.

3. Best astromech droid EVER.

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
I didn't know it had already aired. According to my DVR the first episode (2-parts/1 hour) premieres tonight... Or was this an online source?

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to it. The Prequels almost destroyed my love of Star Wars but Rebels looks like it may be a ''back to basics'' kind of deal. And it actually LOOKS like PROPER Star Wars, which is a definite plus.

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
Never underestimate Star Wars' ability to disappoint.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
I'm going to watch this with my wife & daughter tonight. I'm looking forward to but don't have super high hopes. My daughter watches Disney a lot so she has been counting the days down.

The Nick turtles have set my standards pretty high for cartoons now.

I'll still get some of the figures even if they are 5 POA. I'm sick of looking at the same crap on the store shelves. These need to come out sooner.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
Sorry, I assumed it aired last week because all the online sources were showing it.

I think you could purchase it Monday but it airs on Disney tonight.
If I understand correctly the 1 hour show tonight is the "movie" or special and the season begins with the next episode.

Checked wikipedia

t will premiere as a one-hour special, Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion, on October 3, 2014 on Disney Channels worldwide prior to the premiere of the series, which in the United States will air Monday nights on Disney XD at 9:00 pm starting October 13.[2][3] Dave Filoni, Simon Kinberg, and Greg Weisman have all been announced as executive producers. Kinberg has stated that the first season would contain 16 episodes and that the series will feature new characters along with ones from the original trilogy.[4][5]

Last edited:

Meddatron

I am what I am
Apr 19, 2011
York, Pa
s1193.photobucket.com
Yeah, you are right. That's what I had just read too. Just like Clone Wars its an intro movie, just not in the Theaters and only 1 hour. The movie is on all Disney Channels and the series will be on DisneyXD, but that is all in your quote.

Last edited:

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
I really enjoyed that. Yes, it was, ''you know, for kids'' but it was a better Star Wars experience than anything in the Prequels.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
From what I've seen, it's not terrible. Certainly better than the sequels. Sabine would make for a pretty cool figure if the line wasn't damned to minifigures and 5 PoA.

the_Archivist

Archivist
Officer Club
Dec 23, 2013
Atlanta
www.118archive.com
I thought it was pretty good I like how they used a lot of the concept stuff from the OT. I never watched the Clone Wars because I just couldn't care about most of the characters... I haven't watched the next episode yet but I have it queued up to watch tonight or tomorrow.

As for the figures I hope the integrate some of the characters into the Black line. Hopefully when E7 hits the get rid of the 5POA line all together. I haven't gotten any of the limited articulation figures as of yet but I'll probably pick up a couple from the Rebels show.

I know the said they weren't going to confine themselves to the EU but I hope they don't get rid of the characters completely. I enjoyed the Han Solo books a lot and hope the throw in Bria Tharen into the new show since she was part of the Corrilian cell.

Last edited:

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
When is the second episode airing? And where? I've been looking through the EPG and can't find it.

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
The first one was a "movie". The series starts Monday at 9 EST.

I found it but it looks like Disney/Comcast changed their listing details, as it's there now (but wasn't there last week) yet there's no sign of an episode the following week...

lancelot

Ď̵͓̲̬̮͜͝ȉ̶̜̝̙͙͕̀̽ͦͯ͗ ̟gͨ
Mar 19, 2011
I saw the "movie" It didn't suck as hard as it could have. Ezra is annoying, and the wookies looked like walking shit biscuits.

Falcone

Green Beret
Feb 20, 2012
WI
I think I would have preferred the proposed live action series for this time period had come to fruition.

Iok

Enlisted
Jun 21, 2014
I really enjoyed last night's episode. The show manages to hit the Star Wars vibe really well (and the Firefly feel is a definite bonus, too) and it's just fun to watch.

pcsguy88

Deuce Deuce
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Seeing the Lego version of the Ghost makes me want a BMF sized version of it badly. Fingers crossed. Is there even a BIG version of any vehicle announced for this Christmas of was Slave I the last one we get in exchange for 5 POA garbage?

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av8GjpGK98A[/ame]

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Better than the prequels. Full of fan-wank character cameos. I didn't mind it, and I generally hold anything that isn't unmolested OT with disdain.