Syria

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/27/world/middleeast/syria-assad.html

Welp. Looks like they're gearing up for another Libya-style conflict. Lots of missiles and bombs and air power. Hopefully there are no boots on the ground.

I did some reading on the chemical 'attack', and it seems suspicious. The timing and the immediate jump to "WE NEED TO GET INVOLVED NOW!" is alarming.

I dunno, I don't feel we need to get involved, if the rest of the world wants to, sure, leave us out of it for once.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
America: Sticking her fucking nose where it doesn't belong since 1898.

I say the only involvement we have is watching those fucking savages kill each other on LiveLeak.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
I do not have the link on my phone, but was read an article about Obama giving the green light on a chemical attack and then blame Assad. The article is from January.

Sick of this bullshit they are feeding us. Really? Assad is going to use chemicals the day the chemical investigators land there? Doesn't sound like a ploy by the Muslim brotherhood to get us to fight there battle at all. Assad had nothing to gain, he's been kicking the snot out of the rebels the past two months. How fucked is our world when the Russians are the sole voice of reason?

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
Russia and China both said that it was the rebels that used it to place the blame on Assad. Were gonna take the word of known terrorists (al qaeda) over the ruling gov't? the one that protected christians in their country before the muslim brotherhood showed up?

Also, Russia has stated before, if the US intervenes in in this, they will be forced to react just as if They were to attack israel and we protect them.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Because we wouldn't want to wait for the facts, especially after Iraq...

“While investigators are gathering additional information on the ground, our understanding of what has already happened in Syria is grounded in facts, informed by conscious and guided by common sense,â€￾
- Kerry

Bush took us to war on common sense and conscience too.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Can't wait for this dog and pony show:

While top US officials hint at some unequivocal evidence implicating the Syrian government in the chemical attack, anonymous sources told NBC News late Monday the US is planning to release evidence as soon as Tuesday “to prepare the public for a possible military response.â€￾

“Official Washington, London and Paris say they have incontrovertible evidence that the Syrian government is behind the chemical attack in Damascus, but they have not yet presented this evidence,â€￾

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Didn't the Bush administration release evidnece that lead us to Iraq all the while the left screamed "fake!"

But now it's been admitted to by this administration that the chemical weapons being used did in fact come from Iraq. hmm, no wonder we never found them.

That's what I was telling the woman lastnight and I have not read anything saying that's where they came from, but after Gulf rd 1 whan the Iraqi AF went to Iran, common sense says he got the chems out before rd 2.

I'm sure we don't want the investigators discovering the chems fingerprints and origins.

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
That's what I was telling the woman lastnight and I have not read anything saying that's where they came from, but after Gulf rd 1 whan the Iraqi AF went to Iran, common sense says he got the chems out before rd 2.

I'm sure we don't want the investigators discovering the chems fingerprints and origins.
oh no, the U.S. would never arm other countries with chemical weapons... :rolleyes:

Giga Bread

Mega Calories!
Aug 20, 2011
I'm kind of confused that my Navy SEAL buddy that hates everything about the current administration is fully supporting this. He must be bored at home.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, me too, but I've rethought quite a lot since then...

The use of chemweps by insurgents and blamed on Assad was predicted by the insider that claimed the transfer of these weapons out of Libya was happening via Turkey. According to the source, this went severely sideways and led to 9/11 Benghazi. This was contained in an article Ewok linked months ago (Free Canadian Press or somesuch). Looks like they pushed the ruse forward (twice) despite the cat being out for people paying actually attention (the 0.5% that weren't glued to the facebook/twitter/must see tv or the VMA trainwreck the other night).

Looks like the goal is WWIII, perhaps looking for an economic reset (pretty much the only way the US economy doesn't re-implode) as happened after the previous two. 'Course if things go full nuke, all bets are off, unless that's the actualy goal in the first place...

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
It'll be interesting to see what Russia/China/Iran actually DO if we attack. They talk the big talk, but I can't see Russia or China actually committing to anything directly.

Syria doesn't seem worth it, but then again it doesn't seem worth it to us to bother attacking.

Doesn't this seem like something the.. oh I don't know, U.N. should be doing instead?

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
RUS/CHI/Iran would be wise not to, because all that would happen if we put boots on Syrian soil would be for us to get turned on by both sides and ultimately lose at least as many lives as OIF and OEF (even more if they gas us... with the weapons we may or may not have provided) and bankrupt ourselves even more. And then we'd turn tail and leave town yet again with nothing to show for it but a crushed country and a couple toppled "dictators/terrorists"... just like Iraq... and Afghanistan...