Tech Deck - Love Park review

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
This is the Tech Deck play set Love Park. It's a nice one that has a fountain in the middle of it. Not much area for cover but it has potential for a multitude of scenes. A lamp post would really accent this for a night scene.

As with any of these sets, they really do need a black wash just to make it more gritty. They all look too plain out of the box. This one also comes with a pink trash can and a Tech sign for it. Both I have no clue what I did with. The middle does hold water if you so desire.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
This set does have two tiles on the upper deck that pop up for ramps. Not really much use for dioramas but it is another feature that can be used. It also has a sign that can be removed if wanted. The sign does need weathering of course. The steps are small so a figure may have to skip a step to use them with their articulation.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Had to weather it. Pretty much all of them need it. I also spray a clear coat on them in case I want to use blood or something else.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
Thanks Edwardo! They are fun to work on honestly. This one did take more time than most of the others. There were a lot of small areas to hit. I think Puloski Park was the only other one that was a pain. It really makes a difference on them.

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
This set does have two tiles on the upper deck that pop up for ramps. Not really much use for dioramas but it is another feature that can be used.

Really? Secret entrance/exit, maintenece hatch. And a figure can actually be put down in it much further than the sewer set. I think there is lots of potential with the ramps.I did not know about the ramps until after I got it and was pleasantly surprized. You have convinced me I have to weather my sets now.

Last edited:

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
This is one of the best sets in thie line, but I have to wonder what the five pegs are for that are around the edge?

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
This is one of the best sets in thie line, but I have to wonder what the five pegs are for that are around the edge?

I think they are just barriers for the fountain DSB. Kind of a decoration/deterrent type of obstacle.

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
I think the idea is to prevent cars from doing stupid stuff or just driving into the fountain.

MAJOR BLOOD

Size matters
Staff member
Mar 13, 2011
And you should weather them Snakeling. It really will make pictures stand out way more. They will take at most an hour. Just put a clear finish on them after in case you have to clean it. Then, it won't take the paint off.

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
Some bother me less than others. Nice to know I'm not the only OCD mofo in the room though. I really want to do it to the cheap low brick wall that thing is way to pristine, and the "weathering" on the top leaves something to be desired.

fogger1138

SCIENCE!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Mt Airy, MD
Why is it that my local stores never have Tech Deck stuff like this in stock? It's all crappy ramps that I can't do much with.

snakeling

not an actual member
Mar 15, 2011
Why is it that my local stores never have Tech Deck stuff like this in stock? It's all crappy ramps that I can't do much with.

I hear ya on that. Even I mostly find the actual skate park stuff. Seems they are getting harder to find. The smaller cheaper sets are more abundant but if you go looking for one particular one (concrete barricade!) it will be hard to find.

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011

They can be found at amazon! I'll post what our local stores have. I know our local TRus has about 6 of the 3rd & Army Plaza that MajorBlood reviewed @ $20each. I see those on amazon for $15.99.

btw, thanks for the trades! Got them yesterday! :)

Last edited:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Cool dio! Kinda reminds me of a shot from a COD game or something...

Second Chance perk... Arrrgggghhhh!!! :D