The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Official Thread

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Holy Lord in Heaven, hallow be thy name!

YouTube - Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Official Gameplay Trailer

This will get me off toys/collecting/work/children (maybe even guns) for a good 5 months at least.

THIS. IS. HOW. I. AM. SPENDING. WINTER.

I *can * NOT * wait. This looks amazing, AMAZING. Better than amazing.

Perfect trailer too.. awesome music.. I though the teaser was good.. but this.. this is...

SKYRIM!

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
So.. who has a pre-order already down on it? I am hoping for a collector's edition to come out.

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
Just a Solo experience only. A delicious looking one at that. And it will take many hours of your life away.

Kind of what I figured, but thought I'd ask. I spent well over 100 hrs on Oblivion. So, I expect to do the same with this game. I just hope they fix the 3rd person running realism (the characters can stand still and move 360 degrees w/out moving their feet once and running at an angle is quite humorous...).

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
I still haven't even bet oblivion, Only closed one gate. Something else came out and that got push to the side....

SR_501

Walfisch.
Mar 14, 2011
Started playing it again forgot how GOOD this game looks when all you see in fallout is brown, brown, brown, and a shade of grey. lol

The Ewokhunter

Crazyass Cracker
Mar 14, 2011
thingsatwistedewokwouldsay.blogspot.com
what's really amazing about it, is how much there is in the game. I also love the Knights of the nine and the Shivering Isles content.

The knights content is really tricky since if you want to keep the gear you have to remain good, or if you do the thieves guild, be a good thief.

Fallout if kickass as well since there is so much to explore with caves, small towns, houses, buildings, etc. BUT, quests are extremely limited and the game is actually linear since the side quests are very minimal.

Akunin

Snow Bunny
Apr 7, 2011
After playing Morrowind (and expansions, Bloodmoon kicked ass! but was too short) I've looked forward to every release of the Elder Scrolls. Like others in this thread... I'm checking my life at the door come November! Not just for Skyrim but the new Assassins Creed and new little thing called PSVita. I won't come out of hibernation till next June!

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Morrowind was amazing, minus the way they handled hand to hand. Bloodmoon and Tribunal, fantastic.

Oblivion had it's problems, the level scaling wasn't very good (bandits with Glass armor just because I levelled up) and the character faces, even back then sucked. Plus god knows what they were thinking with the speech mini game wheel. Knights of Nine was pretty good but the Shivering Isles is probably one of the best DLC/Expansions this generation.

But man I sunk too many hours into that game, and every one of them was enjoyable. Still fire it up to go about murdering anyone who isn't un-killable.

Fallout 3 fixed a lot of things with gameplay and all the numbers that run under the hood. It did feel a bit like a franchise game, throwing in all the elements from past games regardless of the thematic use or the point of them in the original games. None the less it was a lot of fun. Minus Operation Anchorage and Mothership Zeta, the DLC was exemplary. Though Broken Steel's bullet sponge enemy additions was dumb.

Fallout New Vegas: Totally blew me away. All the choices and outcomes. All the skill sets and how dialogue mattered again, as you can, if you play it smartly, talk your way through the whole game and not kill a thing with a gun. True role playing. Bethesda did good in letting Obsidian make the game (half of Obsidian worked on the original Fallout games). DLC is turning out to be a bunch of ripping yarns.

Skyrim, well there is not a bad thing seen or talked about in the previews thus far. This is shaping up to be one hell of a game.

Last edited:

Cloud Strife

Mako Infused SOLDIER
Apr 16, 2011
Midgar
I'm surprised they're not including some kind of Exclusive DLC with the more expensive versions. That seems to be the thing to do nowadays. Of course, they could still announce it before the game comes out as there is plenty of time.

Dr Syn

humerus
Mar 27, 2011
Yeouch, that Super version with *sigh* a goddamn Statue is $248.00 NZ. Fuck. THAT. NOISE.

I'll stick with the Pre-order regular version that comes with a cloth map. For $119.99 NZ.