The Mandela Effect

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Depends is also one of the ones I know for certain along with Sex IN the City. Also, doesn't it seem like it was just Depends? Like last year? I had not even noticed it changed until these videos.

They keep talking multidimensions, Cern and time travel, but I think it points more towards us living in a computer simulation / Matrix and these are software patches. This explanation gets around why it is different for everyone. I would say it's just my shitty memory and human flaws, but I will never believe it was not Berenstein Bears. Never. I was a huge fan, all the books, all the tv shows.

For me, I thought C3PO's leg turned silver for Empire Strikes Back. My first memory of it was on Hoth.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
About us living in a computer simulation...I once saw a video that stated, in a nut shell, that with all the universes, parallel dimensions and other creatures living in our universe, that one of them has created a computer so advanced, that it can make exteremely advanced simulations of life and that at least ONE of these computers/simulations is currently simulating OUR universe/reality.

If that's true then I have one thing to say to them, their simulation SUCKS!

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Well think about it. Math is the universal language and there is nothing we cannot do if we know the math. Isn't this pretty much the same thing as a computer program? Your reality is determined by electrical signals in your brain from your eyes, nose ears and nerves which means that absolutely none of this has to be real. Even if it is all exactly how we think it is, then it's still just a bunch of electrical signals interpreted by your brain which means it can be faked.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Man, if this is a "Matrix", what a lame world to create. How mundane.

As for Depends, it doesn't seem like it was just last year, it seems like it was just today that it was still Depends.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
The shear amount of people in comments around the web having the same reactions is concerning. I so want this to all be nonsense created by my stoned out mind. How can so many people remember shit wrong? Not one person I have asked on the web or in person says Berenstain Bears. Same with Magic mirror on the wall.

Life was like a box of chocolates doesn't even make sense. Fuck you Forrest.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
Yeah, it's for sure BerenSTEIN, MIRROR mirror, and life IS like.

"Life was like a box of chocolates. You never knew (it HAS to be "knew", now) what you were (it HAS to be "you were", now) gonna get."

Soooooo, it's no longer like a box of chocolates? You always know what you're going to get now? :talktothehand:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
You guys are all nuts... :trollface:

I have noticed things that I had thought were something different, but I have always had a sucky memory, so I generally chalked it up to that...

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
You guys are all nuts... :trollface:

I have noticed things that I had thought were something different, but I have always had a sucky memory, so I generally chalked it up to that...
So you are saying "Luke, I am your father" never existed?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ1mmkKb_BQ[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEnRV9P74XE[/ame]

:explode:

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Oh, I remember it. But, like so many things repeatedly misquoted throughout pop culture, I could very well have remembered it that way because we all misquoted it after the fact. Maybe it was misquoted in nearly every spoof of it since, who knows? Yes, Darth did say "Luke" and "I am your father" but maybe not together the way we remember it.

It's also possible that, like the ornament, toys that were produced ahead of the movie used a line that wasn't actually left in the movie (edited differently during post production).

Somehow, many (most) of us picked up "Luke" at the beginning of that line, but I need a bit more to convince me we are all living in the Matrix...

Like Eddie said, this world is too flawed and boring sometimes to be the Matrix. In the Matrix we'd all have those effin' flying cars by now... :D

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
My wife was just as dumbfounded by most of them. I would ask her indirectly what the line or slogan was and she always suggested the popular belief version.

There has got to be some GOOD scientific explanation for this.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
There has got to be some GOOD scientific explanation for this.
I've seen it suggested in comments that it's due to the way the brain handles memories, but I have never found a link or name of the study. I just remembered seeing a show about eyewitnesses and how wrong they are most of the time. I think I'll start looking for that explanation.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Yes, I too have heard someone say that people are the worst at being credible witnesses.

I think the thing with the Mandela effect is that something gets mis-quoted, or the wrong label gets put on a video, and after awhile, everyone just remembers it that way.

Nothing strange or sinister about it.

Plus, people WANT strange things in their life, keeps it from being so mundane and boring.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
I just remembered seeing a show about eyewitnesses and how wrong they are most of the time..
I recall something like that also. Two separate shows, I think. One had a bit of Roswell in it and the other was a Brain Games episode IIRC.

Plus, people WANT strange things in their life, keeps it from being so mundane and boring.
How ironic. People suggesting we're in some kind of Matrix'esque existence that creates this mundane world.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Fuck that, it's Berenstein bears.

Haha is there a good list of these? Fuck all if I'm going to watch that annoying shane youtube motherfucker.

Depend? I dunno. No one ever talked about a single Depend diaper, so I'm sure everyone called it Depends (plural) since a box of them would be called as such "Hey fag, are you gonna wet your pants?? Need a box of Depends!" etc.

Froot loops comes up a lot, but that seems right to me. I remember it being weird.

Someone actually makes the case for "The Flinstones" instead of "The Flintstones". C'mon man.

I feel like a lot of these, especially the geography and history is just down to people being stupid/misinformed/uninformed. Otherwise it's just likely a disconnect between hearing something and writing something. Febreeze and Febreze sound exactly the same (BerenstAin and Berenstein do NOT!) so when you write it out you'd probably write it to make sense (Febreeze). Over time you just assume that's what it is, maybe you even 'see' it that way because we're not really paying attention, kind of like how you can read those sentences with the letters all jumbled.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
The Kennedy limo seems like it's 4 people in my memories, but of course it's 6. The governor's wife was not driving.

Chick-fil-a messes with me because when they opened shop here, I thought how stupid the spelling was. Swore it was Chic

Videoviper

illuminati
Officer Club
Aug 15, 2012
Behind a camera watching you!
Six people in that limo messes with my mind. I don't ever recall that passenger compartment being that packed with people in any shot or video I've ever seen.
In the video its hard to tell given the camera angle & generally edited down timing, but the limo had 3 rows with 2 people in each row. This is also the source of many theories about the magic bullet. We don't see all 3 rows in the assisination video (at least a good view) so we tend to discount the 3rd row thinking its a regular car.