The March Towards War With Iran

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
What's the endgame here for Iran? Attempting to piss off mutable other countries that are infinitely more powerful is stupid on the surface.

Are they trying to get attention, a la N Korea?
Are they trying to draw other sympathetic nations into a war with the west?
Is this an attempt to have an excuse to "accidentally" shoot a missile into Israel?
Are they inventing a conflict in an attempt to spike oil prices to prop up a flagging economy?
Are these just the raving actions of a government that's crazy from the heat?

While I recognize a lot of possibilities, I don't fully grasp what they think there is to gain here.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
After thousands of years of fighting, I think they just want to start something with somebody....regardless of how insane it is. Like a drunk frat boy at a party.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I'm very much with you on the, "What does Iran have to gain?" question. Only answer I can come up with is that the sanctions might be crashing their economy and driving an already stressed populace to where they might fully turn on the gubment there. Perhaps the d-bags in charge are freaking out and looking for ways to cause a war that might consolidate their oppressive power? That's the only explanation that points to an explainable reason for Iran. Everything else points to "providing us a reason to attack and destroy them."

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Except, pcs, that we have no desire to conquer, occupy, or control Iran. We don't want them to have nukes, but otherwise, I think everyone would be better off if we just agreed to play nice. It's their not so subtle support for terror and their desire to nuke Israel seems to be the issue. And as long as they're actively beating the crazy-drum, we'll continue to thwart them. However, I don't view that as us provoking them. They choose not to play well with others.

But it's always smart to follow the money, and I'm sure their economy is in the shitter, so yeah, they're just stirring up stuff.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
On one hand, I wish we'd get the hell out of there, let them fight among themselves without wasting US taxpayer dollars.

On the other hand, by keeping our thumb in everything, we're effectively preventing them from uniting, or any one country from becoming a super power. So it's a preventative measure really.

We didn't do a good job of that with China, and now we're stuck with them as a Super Power.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Yeah, wish we'd let Saudi and Israel deal with Iran while keeping our new found energy independence within our own borders until the bullets stop flying. Of course that's impossible since without us over there, Russia would immediately jump in. Tired of economically motivated wars that involve moving sand from one place to another.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I'm very much with you on the, "What does Iran have to gain?" question.
By starting a war it will lose? Nothing. The correct question is "What do other countries (in the area?) have to gain?" or more accurately, "What benefit would it be to other countries to make it look like Iran is starting a war?"

You guys have probably seen this before.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I love war stuff cause I think it's cool.. but even I think this is a bad idea.

Even if it's a piece of cake, and we flatten them.. the repercussions will continue for years or decades, like Iraq. While it'll still likely MOSTLY be limited to brown people killing other brown people.. it'll cost us a ton of dollars, and occasionally blow back against US citizens.

What would we even get out of it that we don't have now? We took over Iraq and gas is still fucking expensive.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
We don't get jack. We just get more dead Americans for Israel and mideast countries. If they want to fight, fine, knock yourselves out, but I am sick and tired of us having to literally foot the bill with our tax dollars and lives.

dannyc

Resident Cuban
Jan 28, 2012
miami
I vote we just turn the whole place to glass.

No american lives, few few tax dollars, no occupation or rebuilding. Just melted silicon.
I hate to disagree but the issue with that is the fallout and spread of refugees and fallout to nearby nations. If you thought the Syrian "migrants" were an issue now then Imagine the migrant crisis caused by the nuking of large parts of the middle east, not to mention the environmental impact on the region. I'm no left winger but I also lean away from being a war hawk if it means fucking over more than needs to be fucked with.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Well, I was exaggerating. I don't actually think we should kill millions of innocent people because Iran's leaders are a bunch of petulant school children.

However, in my exaggerated scenario, there would be no refugees left, nothing but a big crater. It certainly would put the rest of the region on notice that they'd better play nice.

But no, I'm not actually advocating for some kind of nuclear holocaust because Iran shot down a drone. With a "missile". Is that what they call rocks now?

dannyc

Resident Cuban
Jan 28, 2012
miami
Well, I was exaggerating. I don't actually think we should kill millions of innocent people because Iran's leaders are a bunch of petulant school children.

However, in my exaggerated scenario, there would be no refugees left, nothing but a big crater. It certainly would put the rest of the region on notice that they'd better play nice.

But no, I'm not actually advocating for some kind of nuclear holocaust because Iran shot down a drone. With a "missile". Is that what they call rocks now?
In any form of exaggerated scenario the amount of nuclear weapons needed to just turn iran into a huge crater/fallout land would (and I am just speculating) turn the world into something out of Dr. Strangelove. But I digress it seems we came really close to actually hitting them with something for this but thankfully we have not done so, Though I would support a ravishing of the IRGC and their Quds force for the Karbala Provincial HQ raid that they helped commit ten years ago.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
Starting a war, or turning them into a giant parking lot, wouldn't go well for us in general due to their religious extremists beliefs. You start a war against one Islamic country, you'll be starting a war with ALL Islamic countries. And it would continue on our soil with bombings on transit systems, more planes being flown into skyscrapers, mass shootings at malls, etc. I believe this is the main reason we haven't already done so.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Starting a war, or turning them into a giant parking lot, wouldn't go well for us in general due to their religious extremists beliefs. You start a war against one Islamic country, you'll be starting a war with ALL Islamic countries. And it would continue on our soil with bombings on transit systems, more planes being flown into skyscrapers, mass shootings at malls, etc. I believe this is the main reason we haven't already done so.
So.. don't do what we've already done/been doing for 30 years?

They hate each other as much as they hate us, sure, some will be upset, but others will be cheering.

I don't believe for a second Trump canceled at the last second. I bet it was a bluff the whole time.

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
So.. don't do what we've already done/been doing for 30 years?

I'm certainly no expert on the matter. While we have had problems with Iran and Islamic countries for decades, I don't think it's been on a scale that could be called "war"? Although the exact details of what would qualify as "war" has changed over the years thanks to updates in technology.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I'm certainly no expert on the matter. While we have had problems with Iran and Islamic countries for decades, I don't think it's been on a scale that could be called "war"? Although the exact details of what would qualify as "war" has changed over the years thanks to updates in technology.
Iraq war 1? Iraq war 2? Afghanistan? Are those not wars? I get it, Iran is the "Islamic Republic" but again, Shiite vs Sunni is a thing too.

I mean we got some blowback from Iraq locally.. but nothing too bad all things considered.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
It would be curious to see if we’d be fighting Iraq at the same time since they are majority Shiite, but hopefully nothing comes from all of this nonsense. It would have been funny if Trump took out all of their missile batteries that cover the straight and then sent in A-10’s to mow down all of their docked fast attack craft since that’s what they always threaten us with.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com