The March Towards War With Iran

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
He told NBC on Friday that a plan was "ready to go, subject my approval."

Trump said he asked his generals, "I want to know something before you go. How many people would be killed, in this case Iranians?"

The generals said approximately 150 people would be killed, the president said.

"I thought about it for a second and I said, you know what, they shot down an unmanned drone, plane, whatever you want to call it, and here we are sitting with a 150 dead people that would have taken place probably within a half an hour after I said go ahead," Trump said. "And I didn't like it, I didn't think, I didn't think it was proportionate."
That's my President. :salute:

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
It would have been funny if Trump took out all of their missile batteries that cover the straight and then sent in A-10’s to mow down all of their docked fast attack craft since that’s what they always threaten us with.
See, that's the kind of low casualty response that I would expect... and would probably be pretty effective at reminding them who's in charge.

dannyc

Resident Cuban
Jan 28, 2012
miami
Iraq war 1? Iraq war 2? Afghanistan? Are those not wars? I get it, Iran is the "Islamic Republic" but again, Shiite vs Sunni is a thing too.

I mean we got some blowback from Iraq locally.. but nothing too bad all things considered.
You forget the Iran Hostage Crisis, my father was on a carrier helping launch the CAP/CAS that would have been for that mission.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, I mean, somebody over there (on their side) needs to just say no to war though. What good would it do for them to "capture" a couple tankers if it causes a war? They have to know they will be annihilated if it goes large scale. Sure, they'll inflict some damage, but c'mon. A couple B-2 strikes alone would potentially cripple their society well beyond what the current sanctions could ever do to them. Man, stop poking the bear.

dannyc

Resident Cuban
Jan 28, 2012
miami
If israel wants a war, it's going to get a war, even if they have trick countries into one.
I would not say Israel has anything to do with this insanity. IMHO the shit going on right now has been bound to happen ever since I would say the Iran Embassy takeover if not then maybe a bit after. Iran has a butchers bill of America lives going back a long time. It is high time we make them pay for that bill.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Interesting...

Also...

So maybe we actually are going to leave Iraq? It all does seem to play right into Iran's hands, as they'll be the big influence over Iraq & Syria..

Not sure what the long play is, wait for it to all go to hell and then go BACK? Or just finally use this as a 'get out of Iraq free' card and end the war once and for all because THEY asked us to go home?

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Ironic it’s now the Sunni’s who want to be buddies with us after we ripped them from power, stripped them of all their government and military positions, then spent the last decade wiping out any of them that decided to make a fuss. No wonder why the Middle East will never be solved.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
When I saw the funeral and demonstrations yesterday, all I could think was, "That would never happen here. We all have jobs, lives, and would never turn out by the millions to chant 'Death to _____' because we don't give a damn about your shithole."

If you harm us, we will turn your shithole into a bigger shithole, but no protests in the street are required. All that productivity lost with people just chanting and weeping over a dead terrorist. Imaging if 5% of our population just took to the streets in a show of fake outrage. It's like they got issued a copy of Five Habits of Highly Ineffective People at birth.

But there is a reason we lead the world: productivity. I'm sure Sweden is "more productive" but they're also tiny and have crippling taxes, so they can take a flying leap. But among real countries, we get more shit done. We invent more stuff, cure more diseases, make more films, and live life beyond being a country full of bored, hate-filled goat-fuckers. This is why none of the middle-eastern countries will ever amount to anything. They're poor, corrupt, stupid, and lazy. Hatred and the promise of pretend virgins is the only thing that keeps them alive. It's pathetic.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Question:

If Trump restrains from launching a strike (assuming everything stays as is) does this make him the level headed leader we’ve been begging for? Do his poll numbers surge from sticking to his word of no new wars? Or does it make us look weak in the eyes of the world and voters?

Why do I get the feeling Iran shot down that Ukrainian airliner by mistake thinking it was us?

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
It's weird. Iran misses on purpose, hitting nothing, hoping to avoid us wiping them off the face of the earth. Yet they tell their own people that they killed 80 US troops in retaliation.
Per Foxnews:
Iran called on the U.S. not to retaliate after the Islamic Republic launched as many as 15 ballistic missiles at the bases where U.S. troops were stationed – a clear indication that Iran wants to avoid further military conflict with the far more powerful American forces.

It's like kicking the big kid on the playground and then screaming "Don't hit me, don't hit me!"

Trump is sadly in a no-win position at home and abroad. If he hits back, it'll be more "poor Iran, getting bullied by the unstable crazy man who wants to start a war"... and if he does nothing, we're the weak paper tiger, and Iran gets to strut around as if we're afraid of their pathetic rantings. It would only embolden them further for more attacks and under-the-table support for terrorists in neighboring countries.

Some countries/cultures only understand force. They don't understand peace, they don't understand mutual cooperation. They understand strong and weak and nothing else. I'm not for risking US lives on the ground, but we can put a major hurt on them without ever setting the first boot on their soil. I vote we make them cry uncle.