The Military’s New Toys

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Wheels down is typical for early test flights for aircraft. It's a "just in case" precaution.

Yeah, in a full nuclear exchange, the lucky ones are incinerated instantly. Everybody else suffers much longer...

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
Back to dog fighting at close range!

Wonder if aerial warfare will become cyclical.. with technically constantly fighting itself and then we go back to the drawing board.

Though I do imagine fully autonomous drones will be flying these planes before long.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
It's a constant back and forth race to develop a technology that counters the rival's latest. That whole article screams click bait to me, particularly the part that says something like, "Russia and China already have most of the elements needed to develop a technology that could render the current level of stealth moot." That's likely not happening within the next year. Perhaps in the next decade or more.

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
What is interesting is we may never see if/when it ever happens/works.. I am sure we've developed (and Russia countered) technology that never actually got to fight each other.

Our proxy wars tend not to involve the latest and greatest anymore anyway.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, no real comparison between M1A1 Abrams tanks and Iraqi T-72s & T-55s (as the numbers demonstrate). God help us if we ever do clash latest and greatest weapons. That would mean a war between superpowers, which cannot end well.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Looks like the "third arms" from the machine gunners in Aliens (James Cameron is suuuuuuuuuch :rainbow: a visionary). I get it, but they should have had the guy testing it use a M240B throughout or something other than an airsoft M4. He just looks silly...

NSA

Brotherhood
Admin
Mar 13, 2011
Southern California
www.fighting118th.com
I am curious if it'll light on fire with 1 2-second shot, if it takes more than 1 in the same spot.

I could use one for lighting campfires though.

Imagine using it for terror.. starting wild fires from far away no one would know its you! Diabolical!

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, I think a lot of why we don't have flying cars is that people will do stupid things and crash and drop on lots of people and such. I wonder though if the proportion would be all that much higher than normal stupid traffic fatalities. Probably first requirement would be a breathalyzer in each flying car that would deactivate it should the potential driver not pass.

As for jet packs, at least when stupid people fall out of the sky with on of those, it's a lot less likely to kill more than one additional person... :rolleyes: