The Official Funny Picture Thread!

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Lol, not sure why, but a while back I watched a whole youtube video (well, most of it at least) on the flat Earth thing. I had to (try to) understand where they were coming from I suppose. If I remember properly, they say the earth is a domed disc (not square like the pic) and the sun is much smaller, directional and is only a few hundred miles away or some such. And apparently all the other heavenly objects are just projected there to fool us or something. I never understood who the flat earthers believed was controlling this information throughout history and telling us all about a 3D universe, revolving solar system, etc. or how it benefited them to "fool" us all. I suppose it was the same people who filmed the moon landing on a sound stage in LA...

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Even the people pushing that stuff can't actually believe it. No way. I can imagine some kind of agenda where it benefits them to pretend for some reason, but I refuse to accept that anyone truly thinks the earth isn't a sphere.
I don't think they buy it either. I think it started as a joke, but these people started getting YT famous and started generating revenue. Started selling merchandise and raking in the cash.

I mean, if they think it's all some world wide conspiracy that relies on the perpetrators projecting crap into the sky or something, did cave people painting this crap in caves have the technology to fool people? And if so, what was their agenda back then? What's the freaking agenda now?? Lets say they're right. It's flat as a pancake. Okay, so what. I wouldn't care one iota. If there was currently a "round Earth tax", I'd get squinty eyed.

So dumb.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Hell, my kids (9 & 11) are still all about the tooth fairy, easter bunny, and santa. They're not dumb, and I know they have suspicions... but I think they're afraid that the gravy-train will stop if they speak up.

To be fair, I never once acknowledged to my mother that santa wasn't real until I had my own kids. We all knew that everyone knew everything, but it was just never spoken. It's like that old episode of King of Queens where we learn that Doug's parents just replace his childhood dog every 8-10 years without mentioning it, and everyone pretends that each one is the same dog he had 30 years ago. hahahaha...

NSA

♪♪Too Many Cooks♪♪
Cook
Mar 13, 2011
NP, CA
www.fighting118th.com
My 4 year old had the tooth fairy ruined this week by his cousin, who is a couple years older, but who's parents don't believe in telling their kids "those kinds of things". I was a little mad. I think he's still little enough where we can brush it off as a stupid comment.. but we'll see. I don't know why it made me mad.. something about spoiling the joy and innocence/ignorance that kids have.. that you can never get back.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
There's a Christmas episode of Last Man Standing with a douchey "I don't want to lie to my child" parent. A miserable buzzkill parent. A parent that just sucks the joy out of childhood. What's wrong with these people that they want to drown their children in their misery? Ugh.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
People who perpetually feel the need for "doing stuff"... are people who are not content. I'm perfectly happy sitting at home, watching sports, reading books/comics, or just hanging out with my kids. "Doing stuff", while nice on occasion, is grossly overrated.

My life is so peaceful, why would I want to mess it up by going "out there"?

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
People who perpetually feel the need for "doing stuff"... are people who are not content. I'm perfectly happy sitting at home, watching sports, reading books/comics, or just hanging out with my kids. "Doing stuff", while nice on occasion, is grossly overrated.

My life is so peaceful, why would I want to mess it up by going "out there"?

Yeah no. Some people enjoy both in the right balance. There is a whole world out there to explore as long as you have the right company. Now if I had multiple kids, then I can understand not wanting to drag them around to festivals and events every weekend.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Oh, I'm a total introvert. So shy that at the age of 10 I pissed my pants in the mall because I was too embarrassed to ask my mom's friend whom we were with to go to the restroom. I love my alone time at home, but I'm not going to miss out on experiencing fun shit just because I am scared to talk to strangers or the fact I feel everyone else in public is a disgusting germ breeder put there to diminish my enjoyment outside the house. Screw that, they do not get to win.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Yeah no. Some people enjoy both in the right balance. There is a whole world out there to explore as long as you have the right company. Now if I had multiple kids, then I can understand not wanting to drag them around to festivals and events every weekend.
I'm not saying I never go out. I enjoy hanging with friends or going to special events. However, my comment was directed more toward the people that cannot sit still. The ones that HAVE to be doing/going constantly, as if slowing down would somehow force them to come to grips with their reality, whatever that may be.

I worked my ass off to build my own house, run my own business, and basically create my own happy-place. So it shouldn't be a shock to anyone that I like being there! :)

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I'm more of a "rest when you can" type. Most of the time I just don't have the option. Way too much to do to get and keep a house and property in any kind of decent shape (on top of normal work and family responsibilities) most of the time. After working all day with mowing, appliance delivery and other assorted homeowner's responsibilities on Saturday, I put up my hammock for the first time yesterday... and laid on it to my heart's content... it was glorious... :thumbsup: