The Official Funny Picture Thread!

Dropshipbob

Turtlenap, Hanger Alpha
Mar 29, 2011
My son has allergies, but we can't find what triggers it/them. We took him in to have tests done, but it's done by pricking you with many small needles, each laced with a different allergy inducing thing. If the prick spot develops a bump, you are allergic to that "thing". So, he's allergic to a few thing like a few tree species, cockroaches, etc. How the hell this happened I don't know, we never coddled him or kept him from going outside. Regardless, he wouldn't allow them to do the second run because of all the needles, so we have an incompletle picture. And the doctor we went to closed shop, so if we do this again, we have to start all over...which probably won't happen. And the kid looks like he just ran naked through a thorn bush. He's got itchy spots all over. We tried to reason with him telling him he's going to feel super self conscious when he gets older. He keeps scratching and some of those spots are turning into scars. And we've tried holding back certain foods to see if they trigger, see if it's the laundry detergent, tried all sorts of allergy drugs, lotions, herbal extracts...none of it seems to work.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Those allergy tests are hell with the shots being even worse. They did both my shoulders for the test so I didn't have to come back for a second round and I still remember tuna wiping out out the entire grid on one arm. The shots would give me a welt over 2" in diameter and about a half inch thick for 5 days. Screw that. Thankfully we quit that crap after a few months because it was just too painful no matter how they divided the shots up.

I have grown out of almost all my allergies as an adult while picking up one or two new ones, so being proactive for environmental allergies seems futile. Your body and immune system changes as we age.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
Yeah, so out of nowhere (I have no other allergies) I developed an allergy to sesame oil/seeds a couple years ago. Had a reaction where I got all red and hivey after eating some humus and needed benadryl to chase it off. I had another reaction that wasn't as severe to another sesame oil containing baste then a very mild one to actual sesame seeds. Then it seems to have subsided to near nothing again. I still don't eat much humus but generally forget about it otherwise. That just added to the mystery of the whole thing for me. All in all, it could have been a whole lot worse (anaphylactic or something). I guess you never know what's gonna get you in the end.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
While it sounds good, I think the whole local-honey thing has been debunked.

While I'm sympathetic to people with legit allergies, not the helicopter-mom, made-up kind, I still question the extent that the whole world should bend over backwards for the .1%. Next thing you know, that kid that's allergic to sunlight will have "hurt feelings", so outdoor recess will get permanently cancelled. There is no end to the madness that we inflict upon ourselves in the name of virtue signaling.

We live in a world where airlines will call you a monster if you request some peanuts, but other people can bring their emotional support peacock on the plane. It's like we've gone through the looking-glass already.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
Yeah, I imagine restaurants being pressured (or legally enforced) to stop serving or using whatever someone is sensitive to. "Peanut free city!" :rollingeyes:

I like the warning system on food packages. "The product was produced in a facility that also uses ______". Something similar would be great on the front of schools. "This school cannot guarantee that children do not have foods that your child may be allergic to in their lunches or snacks. Take the necessary precautions."

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
That was one thing that I liked about sending the kids to private school. If you had a problem with the way they ran things, you were welcome to go away. They would not bend to the Bev Goldberg's of the world.

Of course, to be fair, eventually I did go away because I didn't like how they ran things... but it wasn't because of the peanut butter in the cafeteria.

FYI, my PBJ was gooooooooooood. :)

Last edited:

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
:laugh: Those are all fantastic! The Karen one is the best, though.

If you had a problem with the way they ran things, you were welcome to go away.
Of course, to be fair, eventually I did go away because I didn't like how they ran things...
Ha!

Stop with the PB&J stuff! I already had dinner and I don't need to eat more! Buuuuuuut...some nice soft bread...smooth creamy PB...sweet delicious fig jam...cold glass of milk...

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
It's called "William Penn Academy", so that implies that it's private. But they don't wear uniforms or anything like most private schools. I dunno. It's a TV show.

All I know is that raising hell at a private school doesn't work because they aren't obliged to let you go there. I didn't raise hell at my kids' school, and I was a paying parent and an Alum! It's a futile effort, as they firmly believe in what they're doing and how they're doing it. I didn't bother expressing my displeasure at their curriculum's shortcomings, as I've seen how that goes.

I just found a better answer at a public school in a neighboring county and left the private school wondering. They probably think I couldn't afford the tuition or something like that, but I couldn't care less what they think. Not my fault they made academics secondary to hippie nonsense. I'm not paying 20k per year... after taxes.... per kid for THAT!

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
So I knew this day would come eventually. The USPS has finally gone completely brain dead. I ordered an action figure for my daughter which made its way from China all the way to VA before apparently becoming caught in an endless loop. These people are truly morons. Bets on how many times it will make its way around the loop and how many pieces it'll be in by the time it finally arrives, if it ever does..?

1533848952027.png