The Official Funny Picture Thread!

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Playing devil's advocate, the alternative is to let the gov't figure your taxes and trust them to do so accurately. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with just blindly letting them tell me how much to send in. I take that back, I know I'm not comfortable with putting it all in their "capable" hands.

However, as much as some people hate Trump and as much as they are complaining about the reforms (even when their taxes went down, wtf), he made things simpler. Now 90% of people are taking the standard deduction (as opposed to ~70% before), so tens of millions of people were spared the pain of itemizing. And while the coastal blue states are gnashing their teeth about caps on SALT deductions, many of them are not paying more overall because they are no longer paying AMT that they did before. I know the pass-through business reforms were a huge improvement for us. I'm just trying not to get used to them, as I know the Dems will uproot it all in '21.

K-Tiger

All solutions are final.
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
True that. No clue why it's not just something automatic. It really needs to be streamlined.
The tax code is what, 70,000 pages long? Of course it needs to be streamlined. As with most things, there are too many special interests involved to get us a flat tax, or a return you fill out in 10 minutes and is the size of a post card.

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I miss when the funny pictures thread was more than just political nonsense/MRA bullshit/etc :cautious:

They're sometimes funny, sure, but lately it seems like that's all there is, and we have like 5 other thread for that.

Normie stuff only!

Blessing in disguise, gab, the place I get most of my material, is having image issues right now so all/most of the stuff I shared from there are gone. 😁

G.I.*EDDIE

gobbles a LOT of cock
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
S.E. Mich :(
I was wondering where everything went. What happened to that site?
https://gab.com/developers/posts/Qjhyd3lQa0E4UmtTK2tVeUt4aHJ0QT09

Gab was not hacked, we faced a hardware failure which was compounded by a failure in a backup system.

We expect to restore upload service soon, and are working to restore the images that may have been lost. Some images which were not lost are taking a long time to load due to a background process which is running. It should finish fairly soon.

Worst-case, the last 2-3 weeks of images were lost. We will work to restore everything we can.

We sincerely appreciate everyone's patience, and are putting safeguards into place to make sure this does not happen again.

ThunderDan19

Here Comes the Boom!!!
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
VA
I would guess 6 is Black Widow since she looks like an assassin and not all Magic-y. #7 is Hawkeye/Ronin.. Hawkeye becomes Ronin at some point in the comics, and maybe in the movie. More of a fighter and less of just the bow guy.
The fishnetting on BW is a little odd, as that's Wanda's thing I thought. I get the Ronin thing, but he really hasn't been fully established yet. Would prefer the classic distinctive look. This version is generic ninja to me. Plus, Asian bow work is awesome, and would have fit with the aesthetic quite well IMO. The others are all pretty good.

pcsguy88

Number 2
Staff member
Mar 14, 2011
KC
www.fighting118th.com
Haha. Can you tell those things to respond to different names?
You can on Alexa, but only a few options like “Computer”.

There is an article on Gizmodo right now about how the quality control team that teaches the Alexa’s when they fail to respond to a request (sounds like the clip is recorded and sent to them) have access to your name and can easily plop the coordinates into google maps to find you.

nacho

"Big Guns"
Founder
Mar 14, 2011
On the river...
www.teletraanone.com
Yeah, but why would they care? No seattle-based customer service rep cares that alexa didn't know the answer when my twelve year old asked her what "BFE" meant. Even if they google-mapped me, so what? I'm not planning any felonies. And why would my goofy queries garner more attention than the millions of others?

Even if they're analyzing every word in earshot with a super-computer like the NSA, what exactly are they going to learn in my kitchen, that my wife needs an oil change and my son wants gatorade with his supper? If I need to overthrow the government next week, I'll wrap my phone in aluminum foil and unplug Alexa. Problem solved.